The Summer Games of the XXXII Olympiad

I was excited. Unfortunately due to athletes who were forced quit I'm not watching. Especially upset with the treatment of Paralympics and those athletes.

Synchro I’m okay with, but certain dives on the 10m platform REALLY stress me out! 😳 That event seems terrifying to me.
Oh totally! I saw a news article today showing a picture of divers at the top of a 10 meter board and yes it's crazy high. It was outdoors so a different perspective when you can see buildings behind it for spatial perspective.

Summer Olympics are my absolute favorite!! I could take or leave the winter games, but summer is my jam. Go USA!!! 🇺🇸

Synchro I’m okay with, but certain dives on the 10m platform REALLY stress me out! 😳 That event seems terrifying to me.
Oh totally! I saw a news article today showing a picture of divers at the top of a 10 meter board and yes it's crazy high. It was outdoors so a different perspective when you can see buildings behind it for spatial perspective.
Arrrg just thinking about being up that high makes my stomach turn! 😖

Yes. Platform diving is quite scary. Then again...

I'm looking forward to getting a peak at the course for next week. Those people...they cray cray!

If you get the channel on cable. I believe if you have Peacock, you can watch most of the events. :confused3
NBC usually posts highlights on YouTube as well.
That's the thing I don't HAVE cable or subscribe to Peacock. My only TV is what I can stream for free or ad-supported basic Hulu. Oh well. Guess I won't be watching.

Unfortunately due to athletes who were forced quit I'm not watching
Were you talking about ones who have been impacted by covid?

We've got two from our area although one is out (positive and she was an alternate for gymnastics) the other is in isolation (close contact with the positive). I think coverage for the olympics is probably going to focus on these incidents too :(

Were you talking about ones who have been impacted by covid?

We've got two from our area although one is out (positive and she was an alternate for gymnastics) the other is in isolation (close contact with the positive).

I think she's referring to the Paralympian who is blind/deaf and was not allowed to have he mother accompany her as her support person, so she dropped out. Her mother serves as her guide, personal care/support person.

I think she's referring to the Paralympian who is blind/deaf and was not allowed to have he mother accompany her as her support person, so she dropped out. Her mother serves as her guide, personal care/support person.
Oh dang :( I guess I didn't hear about that

That's the thing I don't HAVE cable or subscribe to Peacock. My only TV is what I can stream for free or ad-supported basic Hulu. Oh well. Guess I won't be watching.

This may be more than you want to do, but you might consider a digital indoor antenna. They are inexpensive and will pick up all the local stations in your area.

I think on Hulu you have to have the Hulu+Live TV plan in order to watch it on there. There are streaming services but you have to have a paid subscription to them as far as I read with exception to Peacock.

The free version (ad-supported) of Peacock won't give you everything but according to an Washington Post article will give you "a daily show in the morning U.S. time, which will include five hours of live coverage, including women’s gymnastics. Later in the day, there will be other shows that include highlights of the day’s biggest events. What you won’t find: live coverage of the Opening Ceremonies or instant, on-demand replays of many events. Peacock’s on-demand coverage of full events will lag by 24 hours or more. (For example, Friday’s Opening Ceremonies will be available to watch on-demand Saturday.)"

So you could do Peacock for free but it'll be a watered down limited way of watching the Olympics but you'd still be able to see some of it (may be more hassle than it's worth but an option to get some content).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter