The Skyliner has major bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but loading EVC's shouldn't cause a hold up as they are separate cars that are loaded off the main track. That's what I thought.. I also "heard" that the delays were the CM's with their learning curve of how to load and unload. Not a disability or ECV discussion at all.

Except at Riviera, where there is no pull-off which shouldn't matter because nobody is getting on or off there, yet.

Except at Riviera, where there is no pull-off which shouldn't matter because nobody is getting on or off there, yet.
The walkway from CBR is open. Some villages at CBR are closer to the Riviera station then the CBR station.

I know some people need EVCs, but I think a good portion at Disney are folks who wouldn’t use one anywhere else as a way to stay fresh and get benefits. I know not all disabilities are visible but I’m confident some of the people I’ve seen on them could walk easily on their own. I think it should require doctor approval. It also seems those riding them believe they have priorities over pedestrians.

There are no benefits to using an ecv at Disney. No such thing as they get to the front of the lines. Not sure what other benefits there could be, unless you view looking at butts all day a benefit????

Maybe Disney should have designed Gondolas and stations so scooters would go in and out forwards. Doors on both sides.
Disney didn't design the cabins. They're a customized stock product. I don't think cabins with doors on both sides exist. If they're possible, it would involve major mechanical engineering changes. The hanger, which is where all the mechanical action takes place, would probably have to be re-engineered from scratch.

If doors opened on both sides in the stations, stations would have to be much wider and longer, and probably have to be elevated and accessed by stairs or long ramps.

The line moves either clockwise or counterclockwise. You can't have cabins move in one direction at one terminal, and in the opposite direction at the other terminal.

But it doesn’t.

Yeah, it did. When you make comments about being able to tell that some people really don't need them, or how they should require a doctor's note. It is obvious you have no idea what it is like to have to use an ECV or wheelchair at Disney World.

And anyone who says they use them to save having tired feet are trading fresh feet for other frustrations.

Yeah, it did. When you make comments about being able to tell that some people really don't need them, or how they should require a doctor's note. It is obvious you have no idea what it is like to have to use an ECV or wheelchair at Disney World.

And anyone who says they use them to save having tired feet are trading fresh feet for other frustrations.
Yep as a disabled adult i can say no matter where I am I much rather walk then be in a wheelchair

I hope they get the line fixed so it works as intended and the hold ups are fixed.

i just got back from BWI and noticed several times during the week the skyliner was stopped (didn't actually ride it but saw it a lot).

I know some people need EVCs, but I think a good portion at Disney are folks who wouldn’t use one anywhere else as a way to stay fresh and get benefits. I know not all disabilities are visible but I’m confident some of the people I’ve seen on them could walk easily on their own. I think it should require doctor approval. It also seems those riding them believe they have priorities over pedestrians.

Please. No. There are no advantages. If you know “folks” who say they are using them to save their feet, then you know people who aren’t really thinking. Don’t make things harder on disabled people, and stop judging people on whether or not they can walk on their own. It’s not your business.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but loading EVC's shouldn't cause a hold up as they are separate cars that are loaded off the main track. That's what I thought.. I also "heard" that the delays were the CM's with their learning curve of how to load and unload. Not a disability or ECV discussion at all.

The loading mechanism has been down a lot per week.

If they're possible, it would involve major mechanical engineering changes. The hanger, which is where all the mechanical action takes place, would probably have to be re-engineered from scratch.

Thankfully Disney employs a whole department of imaginative amazing people who have created things like Soarin’. Too bad they didn’t use them for this!

Not being a user of an ecv in your regular life doesn't mean you don't have a disability. I'm not sure why anyone would make that inference. I have a friend with MS. She doesn't use a scooter in her every day life. She limits her time out and about and does things on her good days. She would need a scooter at Disney.

What about my friend with cancer who is weak from treatment? She doesn't use a scooter. I will encourage her to do so at the parks.

Last edited:
There are lots of people using ECV’s at WDW who have obviously never used them before so don’t appear to be disabled. If they knew how to maneuver them they could load into and out of transportation systems much more quickly than they do.
Not true my dh does not usr one day to day but due to his physical disability he cant do a park without a ecv when we travel he uses a wheelchair

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter