The Rose Gold Rat Pack Reunites! A July 2018 PTR (Updated 06/27)

We are officially at less than a month to go!

The last thing I need to do is buy Universal tickets! I'm going to do that probably the end of this week.

I honestly thought I would not be able to pay for the two rooms this time around. I was super panicked - something happened with one of the final transfers to my account from the others and I was suddenly at a negative balance for a little bit. I managed to pay off one room and then had to transfer money from a different bank account to make everything work, and I feel like it was super down to the wire, but I did it! I succeeded! It is done! I honestly felt like I needed a mic drop once I managed to finish!

I should have set one of 3 magic bands at my house today - the ones for our Little Mermaid room. The ones for Kristen's room should be at my house tomorrow, and then the ones for my Lion King room haven't shipped yet. I'm hoping those come to me by the end of the week so I can mail everything to Jenny ASAP.

It's the last day of school!!!!!!

That means we're two weeks out!

I'm so excited!!!!

I have basically everything ready, I just need to move it from my house to my parents' house - that's where my suitcase is, so it makes the most sense to pack there. I have a couple last minute things that should show up soon, but for the most part everything should be here and ready to be packed!!!

I'm so ready to just be in Disney. I haven't been on a longer Disney trip in at least a year, and I'm so excited to share my Disney love with my friends. So, one of my "resolutions" (I don't really make hard and fast resolutions, but this is the closest to one) is to try and get more comfortable doing things I'm not comfortable with, so i'm going to try some vlogging while I'm thee just because I'm not comfortable with attention or giving myself attention.

We have 10 days to go!!!

I may or may not have started packing yesterday.

Oops?

I mean, mostly it was just t-shirts and then sorting through things. I'd put all but one of the shirts I'm wearing for Disney through the wash and I know I won't wear them again until I go so I figured better safe to just put them into the packing cube for safe keeping so nothing happens to them. I also needed to sort through things.

For one, I had gotten a fairly decent sized Amazon haul:

42331529074_325f1f50a0_b.jpg

I mean, it doesn't look huge, but it was fairly large for me. That's a new hand grip for my camera that I may not use on the trip but I figured it was safer to have than not, Sun Bum after sun lotion because I looked in all the stores around here that I knew sold it and they did not have any in stock, an extra Canon battery for my camera, headbands for myself, Kristen, Liz, and Sadie for our day in Universal, and the little macaron-looking things are for pills. They're a little too small for tums but they should be perfect for a day's supply of Advil so I don't have to carry around the bottle that takes up some precious room in my bag.

I didn't take a picture of it but I also got a pretty decent haul at Primark on Monday. Kristen, Liz, and I decided we should head there (it's about an hour from us so we had to plan it) to buy any last minute things we may need. I got a flat travel makeup bag, a bigger bag that's probably for makeup that is great for toiletries, a brush, hair ties, a bag to hold my electronics in, and other little things I knew I'd need like extra socks, etc.

On Monday I also spent the morning breaking all this up:

41239860470_1a7b000ecb_b.jpg

Yup. 10 magic bands for 7 people. Insert eye roll emoji here.

It wasn't that difficult, it was just arduous. I broke them all down and attached them all together (aka, all of mine are looped together to easily grab, all of Kristen's are looped together, etc.). Monday afternoon I sent Jen and Jenny's in the mail, along with two shirts that I had for them so they could wash them/pack them/whatever and so that'd they be able to get on to the Magical Express. That package should get to Jenny's today. I also gave Liz's her and Kyle's magic bands so they would have them packed. Kristen's and Sadie's are staying at mine since we're all leaving together.

Of course, on Tuesday, after I got everything in the mail, I got this monster:

41239864230_94d2929bb2_b.jpg

That? That is what 60 disposable ponchos look like. It had to weigh somewhere between 3 and 5 lbs. I separated the bag into 7 piles of 8 so that we'd all have 1 for each day and then an extra just to be on the safe side. They are currently laying on every surface in my room. Kyle and Liz are helping me move a piece of furniture tonight so I'll probably force them to take theirs with them when they go.

Speaking of Kyle and Liz....Kyle decided that he wanted to do a breakfast buffet. Which is fine, but he decided this on Sunday. So we kind of spent the entire time we were out shopping on Monday trying to figure out how we could feasibly fit a group of 7 into a character breakfast less than 2 weeks out.

Long story short, we didn't.

Jen said she was fine skipping it as she doesn't love breakfast food anyway, but even looking at a group of 5 we couldn't get one. I managed to at least get one for the two of them, so they can go. The rest of us are going to go to Epcot instead.

I've also decided I'm going to vlog on this trip. I just want to take videos to remember the vacation by, along with photos, so I figure why not? I'll still be doing a TR, they'll just be kind of supplemental.

WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!!

Bags are packed, Kristen and Sadie are on my couch watching Harry Potter and eating watermelon with me, and I just have to do one or two quick errands tomorrow before we go to the airport! I'm so excited!!! This time tomorrow we'll be heading to the Magical Express after touching down in Orlando!

Liz and Kyle are already down there. I'm super excited to go play in the parks for a week!

I'll try to start my Trip Report once I get back, because I leave for the Dominican about a week later and I want to at least have my pictures mostly edited by then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter