The Remy Thread-Chefs de France (schedule in 1st post)

Another website is reporting that Remy's stay at Chefs has been extended indefinitely.

Another website is reporting that Remy's stay at Chefs has been extended indefinitely.

I read that on Allearsnet.com too....I think we will have to go see him next year when we go back....no place in our itinerary to make an ADR for our upcoming trip :goodvibes

Are there specific "show times" or better times to make your reservation? My DD loves Remy (and rats in general, we have 2 as pets)! Also, does anyone know if they will do a vegetarian kids meal? We've never eaten there with her because of the lack of veggie options for her. I think she would be perfectly happy with the kids noodles without the chicken if that's do-able.

I was lucky enough to see Remy in June and I hope he is there this weekend when we go for dinner...DH would love to see him!

We were at Chefs de France this past Saturday for a 12:30 ADR. Much to my surprise, Remy was brought around. I was not expecting him, as I'd read he didn't appear on the weekends. He was brought around twice in the hour we were there. My 22 year old son was delighted, even though he hadn't seen the movie. It was very cleverly done, and he was just adorable!

Dinner was delicious, also- our first time there.

thank you so much for your replies! We went to many different character dinner/bfasts last year and seeing Remy was our favorite experience. I have been hoping he might somehow stick around for longer, and from what you are saying, hopefully indefinite means at least another six months (I'll cross my fingers). CDF was a great restaurant anyway with really delicious food, but Remy just makes the whole experience unforgettable :)

I thought I read in the 2010 Unofficial Guide that he was going to other parks next year? Maybe I am wrong...

That's what the story was, that he was supposed to go to Tokyo. That appears to have changed.

We loved him in May. If we'd known he was still going to be there, we might have tried to book it again for our upcoming trip this month.

I hope they'll give us some idea about how long he'll be there, and if he's a permanent addition. Now that ADRs are going to back to 180 days, it would be nice to know if we can count on him. (Getting back to Chefs de France would honestly be more of a priority if we knew we'd see him.)

I thought I read in the 2010 Unofficial Guide that he was going to other parks next year? Maybe I am wrong...

I read the same thing...that he was going far far away from the U.S. Maybe he was so well liked that they're letting him stay longer?

We loved him in May. If we'd known he was still going to be there, we might have tried to book it again for our upcoming trip this month.

I hope they'll give us some idea about how long he'll be there, and if he's a permanent addition. Now that ADRs are going to back to 180 days, it would be nice to know if we can count on him. (Getting back to Chefs de France would honestly be more of a priority if we knew we'd see him.)

Chefs will be a must do if Remy is still there. If y'all get any news on an exact date of when he's staying til, I will eagerly be anticipating my next meal there :yay: guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Had a 5:30 adr for Chefs this evening (Saturday) and Remy was there---alive & well visiting tables. Got some great pics and asked the waitress how long he was staying and she seemed surprised about me asking. She made it seem that there are no plans for him leaving anytime soon & how the soup has gotten SO much better since he's been around!!:goodvibes

Had a 5:30 adr for Chefs this evening (Saturday) and Remy was there---alive & well visiting tables. Got some great pics and asked the waitress how long he was staying and she seemed surprised about me asking. She made it seem that there are no plans for him leaving anytime soon & how the soup has gotten SO much better since he's been around!!:goodvibes

More good news! :worship: Isn't he the cutest thing? And I really enjoyed his handler as well!

AW SHUCKS! Just lined up my ADRs for a last minute 7 for 4-induced trip and I didn't book Chefs because I thought Remy was gone! Looks like I have some re-arranging to do. :-)

Are there specific "show times" or better times to make your reservation? My DD loves Remy (and rats in general, we have 2 as pets)! Also, does anyone know if they will do a vegetarian kids meal? We've never eaten there with her because of the lack of veggie options for her. I think she would be perfectly happy with the kids noodles without the chicken if that's do-able.

We found Chef's de France to be quite accomodating when we were there in August. I'm sure they could accomodate a child's veggie plate. Perhaps you could get the noodles with a vegetable instead of the chicken. :confused3 DS and I both did some substituting on our dishes. The food was delicous, including the rolls.

I hope your dd gets to see Remy, he was soooo cute and his handler was really funny. He kept telling Remy that we were all there to see him (the handler) and not Remy!! And he kept congratulating us on getting to meet him (the handler).

So, has anyone made a reservation at a table service place JUST to have dessert? My family wants to see Remy if he is still at Chefs when we go, but the menu doesn't appeal to any of us (my kids are picky picky eaters) but the desserts do. Can you book a reservation and when we get there just order dessert and drinks?

I have done it. This past March was my 40th Bday and I wanted the Grapefruit cake at Brown Derby. Now I made my ressie early afternoon as to not take up to much time. But if you are paying, why not?
There was no issue with it, we were treated fantastic by the waiter, even though it wasn't a full meal. Even if it would've been a bad experience, who cares, I was eating my cake I wanted.
I say go for it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter