The pit is dispair

Oh my...I feel so bad for you!!!

Just reading this post is getting me anxious again. Last August 25, I woke up to the sound of a waterfall...the waterfall was water pouring into the finished basement (from the main level) of our brand new home! The supply line under the sink in our laundry room popped out during the night. Both our main level and our basement were destroyed and we had to live in the upper level bedrooms with no kitchen or laundry facitlities for 2 months! Even when insurance covers a water issue, they are extremely unfair in what they will cover...like a hotel!

I still worry about mold...it took Service Masters 2 wks. to gut and dry out the house, but the sheet rock in the basement wasn't replaced. The ceiling was replaced, but not the walls. We were assured that we wouldn't have to worry about mold because it was thoroughly dried out, but I'm still nervous. Mold issues are overwhelming!!! So sorry you have to go through this!

Service Masters is who came to inspect our house.
I think they were a bit disappointed in that DH had already gutted most of the basement before they got there. :lmao:

I've got one stack of drywall cut & slammed with fist broken down. That was actually kinda fun. But don't tell DH. Just finished dinner with Little Bit and now I'll go break up some more. Hopefully it is small enough. They are all 2x2 or smaller, I guess.

to bad we could not all jump on a bus or a plane and come and help you AWM. between all of us we could have it bagged up in no time!!:hug: is it hot out there today? you must be so in need of your vacation.

2x2 should be fine. You might also want to be sure to get those nice, strong Hefty (or is it Glad) Force-flex bags. They held full size pizza boxes without tearing.

He came home with contractor bags. They look like body bags. :scared:

The air scrubber is being rented for the week. DH said was $40 a day, but that the man gave it to us for 7 days for $120. The filters are $19 a piece and we have two extra. Hopefully that will be enough. The machine has a light that tells you when to change them.

I did a pile and part of another one with the busting them up. Fifty pounds weighs a lot when it isn't in the shape of a little boy. DH is busting up the rest and I will bag those up tomorrow. It'll take a few weeks of putting them out to get rid of them all, but at least we can store them in barn out of the house and it won't cost $600. :thumbsup2

Off to finish catching up and then I'm going to box up the rest of the sports swap.

My sympathies.

As a non-home owner I can't commiserate. But every time I whine about not having a house yet, my friend gives me a laundry list of things she has had to do to hers this year.

That is what the air scrubber is for, hopefully.

I couldn't find the white paint ones and I just about suffocated myself trying to figure out the respirator. And it was just too stinking hot using a scarf. But I was the fashion statement. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter