The Orlando Halloween Spooktacular - Day 02: Universal Studios & HHN (Night 1)

soarinfanuk

Earning My Ears
Mike & Lauren's Orlando Halloween Spooktacular!
Day 02 - Universal Studios & HHN (Night 1)

CLICK ABOVE TO WATCH EPISODE 02 & 03, OR CLICK HERE FOR EP 02 and HERE FOR EP 03

Our first full day of the holiday! As I said in Day 01 - due to the way the days fell, it was more sensible for us to get Universal completely out of the way at the beginning of our trip. We had purchases a multi night pass for Halloween Horror Nights (herein named HHN for ease!) that also came with an Express Pass.

I had purchased an Annual Pass for Universal Orlando online as I was aiming to come back for another trip in May but with Sam, so again more sensible to buy an AP! It also comes with free parking after your first visit - but as I had it delivered to me before I came out to Orlando, the guy just waved me in to the parking structure so I managed to get another free day out of it! :)

As soon as we were through the turnstiles, I had to get a dose of adrenaline, so it was a quick spin on Rip Ride Rock-it - listening to "I Will Survive" of course! We also decided to have breakfast at Starbucks, where I forgot which country I was in when ordering a large Vanilla Bean - it turned out to be larger than my head!

This was my first time visiting since the opening of Diagon Alley in Universal Studios so it was amazing to see for the first time - Sam is still closing her eyes watching these vlogs so that the surprise isn't ruined for her in May! Gringots was absolutely amazing - not as high speed and "Mummy-like" that i thought it would be (kept saying through the ride "come on wheres the drop!?!" but from looking back at it I realise what an amazing ride it actually is!

Lunch today was over at the new Springfield (again - another area which has fully opened since my last visit in 2013) - it was great to try a Flaming Moe (which is interesting - and a little sickly!). For lunch I opted for the buffalo wings - wow my mouth was on fire! Might stick to Krusty Burgers in the future!

It was soon time for the lock down of Universal for the team members to set up HHN, so we stuck around in Springfield and grabbed some drinks for an hour whilst the event was set up. HHN was simply amazing - so much better than I could have imagined. We visited The Walking Dead, followed by The Purge, and then straight into Insidious. All 3 houses were as good as headliners - and they were so good. Even if you aren't scared by them - its amazing to see the detail which they go into. Lauren on the other hand was absolutely petrified, and spent the majority of the evening with her eyes closed!

Thanks for reading and watching the vlogs. Likes, Subscribes, Comments & Questions appreciated as always :)

ENJOY THE VLOGS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter