The Official Who's Going in October of 2007 List!

Well we are a little over half way through the month and the updates are certianly fewer and farther between. I will be making another updated later today.

I have the day off since I was only able to be at work today for about an hour and then the paint fumes in our office just got to be too much for me and I went into full blown lock down asthma attack. I went to my doctor's office that is just around the corner from the doctor's office that I work at and they had to give me epi, a shot of steriods and a nebulizer treatment. I have a steriod dose pack and an antihistamine script that is being filled at Walgreens. It's a heck of a way to get a day off before vacation and to get out of working tomorrow. I was supposed to work tomorrow. I really didn't want to do it, but I knew that there was no getting out of it because everyone has plans. I told my doctor that I had to work tomorrow and he said, "I don't think so!" So, I have a work excuse through Monday. I could really use the money, but breathing is a highly underrated bodily function. lol

So, I guess that I will put the time to good use. I need an oil change and a car wash, so once I get a little less shaky from the epi, I will see about doing the pre-wash car clean out. I hope everyone else that is still pre-trip has a great weekend of planning and preparing. :grouphug: Maggie

Can you hear it? :rockband:

It's the single digit dance! party:

:dogdance: :jumping1: :dancer: :cheer2: :dance3: :yay: :banana: :cool1:

Only 9 days to Disney World! :woohoo: Maggie

HIT MY MUSIC
TURN ON THE SPOTLIGHTS
THE FAT LADY IS ON THE LAST THREE BARS!

7 DAYS AND COUNTING

...AND SOMEBODY...

CUE THOSE BANANAS!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Anyone else get close to their vacation and start panicking? I have seven days left, five of them work days, and family staying with us this weekend. Oh, and DH and I both work the Friday night before we leave, with a early morning flight. Can you say WDW on three hours of sleep? :scared1:

We are in the same boat, CurlyJo224! Luckily, I am a SAHM, but my DH will be out of town for work all next week, so it is up to me to remember everything we need, pack the suitcases, pack the car, clean the house, etc, etc. AND, my ILs are going to stay overnight at our house on their way to Hilton Head from Ohio- while we are gone in FL. My MIL is a super neat freak, so I need to make sure the house is spotless and all the guest room stuff is set up before we leave.

I'm sooo ready for the 27th to get here!!

Anyone else get close to their vacation and start panicking? I have seven days left, five of them work days, and family staying with us this weekend. Oh, and DH and I both work the Friday night before we leave, with a early morning flight. Can you say WDW on three hours of sleep? :scared1:

Our trip takes us to Savannah, Cocoa Beach, Orlando, and finally WDW. Yes, I have started to panic. I finally got all the maps and directions printed off for the destinations, restaurants, coffee houses, surf school, DC, SW, and the Poly. That took 3 hours to compile and complete.

I got the F&W booth cards printed and laminated. I got the big and small versions of our itinerary completed and laminated. The big version got spiral bound. I printed out CM appreciation cards on card stock and cut all of those down so that we could hand them out as earned as the extra doses of pixie dust are received along the way. The MouseKeeper envelopes are done and stuffed with $2 bills.

I still only have the major outer attire back for WDW packed. Everything else is either in a laundry basket, washer, or dryer. Some things, you just have to do more or less at the last minute when you take long trips. We have purchased all the pet food, new litter boxes and litter for the cats, flea and heart guard meds for the dogs, and lots of new clothes.

I have to go through all of the trading pins to see what goes with us this time. I have to find our lanyards too, I have no idea where they are. I need to pack our Disney Park bags, which are pirate messenger bags that I got for a steal of a deal at Walmart on clearance. I have got to get the stuff ready for Gabby's surf day, our Discovery Cove day, and I have 3 shirts that need iron on's applied, but I need for Gabby to be home before I do two of them, so that's gotta wait for tomorrow.

Yes, Gabby is in NC today trying to breath life into her Dad's PC, which seems to not want to work at all today. I spent almost 2 hours at Kinkos laminating and cutting stuff up. Oh, and did I mention that the dogs have to be dropped off at the Vet on Tuesday at 7 am and I have to be at work by 8:30am? This would not be so bad, except that it takes me an hour to get to work in the mornings and that drive from the Vet's office is about 30 minutes more on top of that AND Gabby was going to be here to go with me, but now she has to be in Carrolton, GA for her job by 8 am herself, so I am left to take the babies all by myself, which is not going to be easy at all.....not me mention that after I drop them off, I am going to reek of dog smell and need to come home to shower, so why bother putting on my scrubs to go into the office all doggy?!?! OMG, I am so ready for vacation to get here, but I am still extremely unprepared. Panic.....no not me. :eek: Maggie

Oh Yes Single digits for us as well:cool1:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

9 days left I've been doing some last minute shopping for the basics.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

We're off in 2 more days!! WOO HOO Our plane SHOULD be taking off in about 48 hours (but who's counting?). We'll be at AKL from Tues until Sun and then the 4 night cruise. I don't know who's more excited, us or the kids! You know that Disney commercial where that adorable little boy says hes too excited to sleep and then the dad say sit after? That's us!

Sooo excited. Off to the POP in 15 hours, the time here is almost 1pm. It's really here, all the planning, etc. Packing too much, checking the weather every 15 mins.
Thank you all on these boards for information about everything that we needed to know and then some.

we are leaving soon too! im here at work trying to get all last minute info planned..... :scared: so much to do.......

Well, the Disney clothing bags are packed. The bag for our days in Orlando prior to WDW is packed too. Now, if only I could get Gabby's act together so that we could finalize the clothing bags for Cocoa Beach and Savannah, I might could settle into some dream time. Right now, she is going after our dinner. Yes, it's 10:30pm and she is going to pick up dinner. I brought home a late lunch around 3:30pm because breakfast wasn't until about 11am since someone just could not be rousted out of bed this morning. Nevermind the fact that I couldn't sleep until about 3am and that I was awakened by the Chihuahuas at 8:30am because then needed a walk. Gabby went to bed around midnight. She woke up today with a headache, so after breakfast, I just dropped her off back at the house, she took some Motrin and her other meds and was back to sleep in no time. I went and bought a pair of swim trunks, a pair of pants, and some tunes for the roadtrip.

Since Gabby felt better after her additional sleep, I finally got her to start thinking about packing at 6:00pm and she just took a break. I have made three iron on shirts, two iron on beach bags, ironed on a patch to my park messenger bag, and placed the iron ons onto our linen napkins that we are taking to the F&W Fest along with some specially purchased silverware, and sea salt & black pepper grinders that are housed in a mini-lunch box that is decorated with a Cars theme. It should be the perfect way to make the F&W Fest a bit greener without going through all of those forks and napkins. Hey, ya' gotta give back where you can....ya' know?!??!

Anyway, I need to go walk the dogs and put them to bed. I should be heading to bed myself soon. OMG, can it be Wednesday already!??!! Maggie

pray this changes YUCK! :sad2:

Wed
Oct 24 Isolated T-Storms
86°/64° 30%
7 Good

Thu
Oct 25 Scattered T-Storms
76°/61° 40%
6 Good

Watch for Lightning

Fri
Oct 26 Isolated T-Storms
79°/66° 30%
8 Very Good

Sat
Oct 27 Sunny
81°/66° 10%
9 Very Good

Sun
Oct 28 Mostly Sunny
82°/68° 10%
9 Very Good

Mon
Oct 29 Scattered T-Storms
81°/69° 60%
5 Fair

Tue
Oct 30 Scattered T-Storms
82°/69° 60%
5 Fair

Wed
Oct 31 Scattered Showers
82°/69° 30%
7 Good

Watch

could mean lighter crowds at the parks?? And hopefully some swimming when the sun peaks out.....

I'm ever the optimist....

I'd rather be wet in the happiest place on earth then dry in reality!:wizard:

Trish

Is it too late to be added to the October list?????

:tink: Here's some pixie dust for those who haven't had their trip yet. (Us included).

We will be going to Pop Century Oct. 27- Nov. 3. We will be adding a few extra ppl to the crowd as there are 10 of us going together. (Plus and extra 4 that is also going but not staying with us, so technically 14 ppl at Pop for the week).

MNSSHP Oct. 31

DH, Me, DD8, DD4
Friend DH, DW, DS4
Friend DH, DW, DD 5
Friend DH, DW, DD9, DS7

Wed
Oct 24 Isolated T-Storms
86°/64° 30%
7 Good

Thu
76°/61° 40%
6 Good

Watch for Lightning

Fri
Oct 26 Isolated T-Storms
79°/66° 30%
8 Very Good

Sat
Oct 27 Sunny
81°/66° 10%
9 Very Good

Sun
Oct 28 Mostly Sunny
82°/68° 10%
9 Very Good

Mon
81°/69° 60%
5 Fair

Tue
82°/69° 60%
5 Fair

Wed
Oct 31 Scattered Showers
82°/69° 30%
7 Good

Watch

We had a forecast something like that for about half of our trip last week, and it only rained three times. Twice it was for only for about an hour. So, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Wed
Oct 24 Isolated T-Storms
86°/64° 30%
7 Good

Thu
76°/61° 40%
6 Good

Watch for Lightning

Fri
Oct 26 Isolated T-Storms
79°/66° 30%
8 Very Good

Sat
Oct 27 Sunny
81°/66° 10%
9 Very Good

Sun
Oct 28 Mostly Sunny
82°/68° 10%
9 Very Good

Mon
81°/69° 60%
5 Fair

Tue
82°/69° 60%
5 Fair

Wed
Oct 31 Scattered Showers
82°/69° 30%
7 Good

Watch

I am glued to www.accuweather.com for updates.....praying for less rain seems so wrong because of the drought that we are in up here in Atlanta. I bought more rain ponchos yesterday. I either wasted the money, or else I became more prepared. I am hoping that I just wasted money. :headache:

We finally got the clothing packed. We are currently taking a break. We are back to packing in a few. There is so much stuff to pack when you are staying in 4 hotels and are in a small car! We have two big suitcases for WDW. We have a clothing packed for Orlando, Cocoa Beach, and Savannah. We still have lots of stuff to get packed.

Break's over! Gotta go! OMG, 48 hours from now, I am going to be so freakin' :hyper: Maggie

Is it too late to be added to the October list?????

Oh not to worry, it's never too late! You have been added. I am taking my laptop with me on our little journey. We have a wireless Verzion modem card thingy, so that I will have my fix along the way. lol Maggie

Wed
Oct 24 Isolated T-Storms
86°/64° 30%
7 Good

Thu
76°/61° 40%
6 Good

Watch for Lightning

Fri
Oct 26 Isolated T-Storms
79°/66° 30%
8 Very Good

Sat
Oct 27 Sunny
81°/66° 10%
9 Very Good

Sun
Oct 28 Mostly Sunny
82°/68° 10%
9 Very Good

Mon
81°/69° 60%
5 Fair

Tue
82°/69° 60%
5 Fair

Wed
Oct 31 Scattered Showers
82°/69° 30%
7 Good

Watch

It's Florida. Pack a poncho, have a plan for ducking inside if it's really bad, and enjoy your trip. At least it's usually just a short rain in Florida.

Think positive!

We went to HersheyPark in August. Middle of a drought, and our three day trip away (planned for months) just happened to be when Tropical Storm Erin was passing through that area. At least Hershey has cheaper half day tickets so we didn't lose too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter