<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Happy New Year! I am looking for Sanaa's recipe for their beef short ribs. If anyone has it, I would greatly appreciate it! :)

I'm looking for the garden grill dressing recipe!?!?!? I see where it has been asked but one answered.

Beef Short Ribs
Sanna Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients for beef short ribs:
3 to 4 pound of short ribs, cleaned
4 tablespoons olive oil blend, divided
½ cup large diced Spanish onion
½ cup sliced celery stalks
¾ cup red wine
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon sliced ginger
1 each cinnamon stick, broken
½ tablespoon whole cloves
1 tablespoon crushed cardamom
1 tablespoon coriander seed
½ tablespoon cumin seed
1 each bay leaf
¼ crush thyme
¾ cup chicken stock
¾ cup veal demi-glaze
To taste kosher salt
To taste black pepper

Method of preparation for beef short ribs:
1. Season short ribs with salt, pepper and oil.
2. In a large skillet, add olive oil until smoking. Quickly add ribs and sear until all 4 sides are golden brown. Set aside.
3. Add vegetables to skillet and caramelize 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Add herbs and spices and cook an additional 5 minutes.
5. Deglaze pans with wine. Reduce until ¼ of the mixture remains. Remove from heat.
6. Place veggies in a large pan, add the vegetable, spices and wine mixture. Lay ribs on top.
7. Add chicken stock and demi-glaze.
8. Bake at 350° oven until the ribs are done.

Ranch Style Dressing Mix
Garden Grill Restaurant, Epcot©
3 ½ cups

Ingredients for ranch style dressing mix:
2 cups dry minced parsley flakes
1/2 cup dry minced onion
2 tablespoons dry dill weed
1/4 cup onion salt
1/4 cup garlic salt
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup garlic powder

Method of preparation for ranch style dressing mix:
1. Combine all ingredients and store in airtight container. Shelf life is one year.

Ranch Style Dressing
2 cups

Ingredients for ranch style dressing:
1 tablespoon dry mix
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup buttermilk

Method of preparation for ranch style dressing:
1. Combine all ingredients mixing well.

Honey Sherry Vinaigrette
Garden Grill, Epcot®
Makes 2 ½ cups

Ingredients for honey sherry vinaigrette:
¼ cup sherry vinegar
¼ cup honey
1 ½ cup olive oil
To taste kosher salt
To taste fresh ground pepper

Method of preparation for honey sherry vinaigrette:
1. In a blender, add the sherry vinegar and honey. Blend on high.
2. Slowly add the olive oil until it becomes a vinaigrette.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Herb Vinaigrette
Garden Grill Restaurant, Epcot©
Yield 1 quart

Ingredients for herb vinaigrette:
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic
3 cups extra virgin olive oil
1 cup white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper

Method of preparation for herb vinaigrette:
1. Combine all ingredients in 2 quart mixing bowl.
2. Mix together with a wire whip until fully incorporated.
3. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.

Beef Short Ribs
Chefs De France, Epcot

4 lbs Beef Ribs
Marinade & cooking liquid
2 cups cabernet wine
3 sprigs Rosemary
3 sprigs Thyme
1 Whole garlic bulb with head cut off
Pearl onions
Button mushrooms
1 tsp. Black peppercorns
Salt & pepper

Marinate ribs for 12 hours, place marinade & ribs in an oven safe dish, slowly cook for 2 ½ hours at 280˚ - 300˚ until tender.

Pork Sparerib BBQ Rub
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

14 Oz Granulated sugar 1 Tbs Cinnamon
1 Cup Granulated onion 1 ½ Tbs Cayenne Pepper
1 ½ Tbs Celery Salt 1 Tbs Dry Mustard
2 Tbs Granulated Garlic 1 Tbs Ground Ginger
½ Cup Salt 2 Tbs Cumin
2 Cups Paprika 3 Tbs Thyme
1/3 Cup Chili Powder ½ Cup Marjoram Leaves
1/3 Cup Black Pepper

Add all ingredients to mixing bowl and mix well. Rub on ribs.

We smoke our rib racks (after rubbing them down in the rub) at 250° for approximately 3 ½ hours, until the meat has shrunk away from the tip of the bone, and if you pull two bones apart slightly the meat comes away from the bone.

We use oak logs for smoking; however, hickory is also great.

I will work on updating the index as much as I can this morning.. My Dad was admitted to the hospital the first of April and things have finally settled down with him.. thanks for your patience.

Family comes first, we can wait

Thank you for understanding!!
I have spent 3 hours copying and pasting info into a word file..
Now, I need to verify all the "layouts" of the index so i didn't miss anything and make sure things are formatted the same..

My eyes are blurring together so I am going to take a break and try working on this again a little later today...

I'll be glad to get this caught up and will be keeping up with it from here on out!!!

thanks for all your hard work, Nancy.

Hope your Dad gets better really quickly

I updated and had to spread the new index out.. it is set up exactly the same as the old one, I copy and pasted and had to add more postings. When I tried to update the old thread it would cut some of the courses or restraunts off because of the massive amount of recipes...

It's current and updated to the best of my ability.. (16 hours)... so if you notice a problem please send me a PM to let me know and I will correct..

Thank you for the kind wishes for my Dad. He is doing better, actually at another appointment right now, so fingers crossed he will be better for our family vacation the end of June... I'm hoping he will not be so stubborn and seek Dr. advice sooner from now on..

Thank you so much for all your time & effort in updating this - especially at such a stressful time. May your thoughtful deeds be returned to you tenfold!:thanks::grouphug:

I have searched high and low for the recipe for Lingonberry Muffins served at the Akershus Character Breakfast...does anyone have it? Can you tell me how to request it? I thought I saw something about that earlier, but this site is kind of overwhelming, in a good way though. I hope I'm posting this in the right place...

Beef Short Ribs
Chefs De France, Epcot

4 lbs Beef Ribs
Marinade & cooking liquid
2 cups cabernet wine
3 sprigs Rosemary
3 sprigs Thyme
1 Whole garlic bulb with head cut off
Pearl onions
Button mushrooms
1 tsp. Black peppercorns
Salt & pepper

Marinate ribs for 12 hours, place marinade & ribs in an oven safe dish, slowly cook for 2 ½ hours at 280˚ - 300˚ until tender.

This is one of DS's favorite meals in Disney. I made these Sunday and they were delicious!!! :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for posting. The only thing I did different is add a bit of beef broth because it just didn't look like enough liquid to cook in. And I used chippoline onions instead of the pearl. It really came out great!!

Made the Pollo A Las Rajas from San Angel Inn tonight and it was a smashing success. Tasted almost exactly like how I remember it from the trip.

Also submitted recipe requests for the Isla and Tostadas from San Angel, will report back if I have any luck. The waitress said that, for the Isla anyway, they'd give out the recipe, but she forgot to get it before we left.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize the picture would be so big. For those interested to see how it came out, pictures are on my blog.

On Monday, I made the Chicken Jambalaya from Boatwright's and today I made Crab Cakes Yacht Club Galley, (now Captain's Grill) (and some KFC coleslaw to go with it). They were so good...Love this thread!

ok, now you have me craving KFC cold slaw... now to text DD and ask her to stop and grab some on the way home from her errands!!!! :)

I'm going to have an update on a posted recipe. I tried to make it and it came out incorrectly. I contacted Disney to say I suspected an ingredient (baking powder!) was left out because it didn't work out properly... I got a confirmation that the posted recipe was correct, save for an accidentally omitted ingredient. LoL!

I got an email back from Disney regarding two recipes... The barbecue pulled pork sandwich from Kona and the red velvet cheesecake cupcake, both of which were incomplete/missing ingredients.

The red velvet cheesecake cupcake requires 1.5 teaspoons of baking soda otherwise it won't cook properly. I made the recipe as-is and it didn't rise. When I contacted Disney, the chef replied that it needed the baking soda and if the batter still looked too dense to add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar.

The BBQ pulled pork sandwich was missing the "how to" for the pulled pork, which was forwarded from the chef and I added to the recipe on my blog. I made it tonight and it was awesome.

Feel free got snag both recipes to update here. The pulled pork one is up now, the cupcake one will be up Friday.

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone have the recipe for the peach tart served at jiko? I've been craving it ever since I got back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter