The Official DIS Oscars LIVE Watch Party Thread!!! TONITE!

Jimmy Kimmel is doing his monologue tonight about the Oscars last night. He said, "The woman wearing the big white outfit is, songwriter, Tems, who wrote the song, Lift Me Up for Wakanda. And "Lift me up," is exactly what the people sitting behind her were saying." :lmao:

I agree that's bad, but at least whoever sat behind her didn't have their entire view blocked out.

Unlike the poor souls who sat behind that woman with the giant white cowl that must have completely blocked the stage view of at least five or six people behind her. I thought for sure she'd take it down for the show, but nope. I hope the people behind her chewed her out. Imagine being excited to go to the Oscars, spending a lot of time getting ready, only to sit down and find out you can't see a dang thing except the white cowl in front of you.
That was my first thought when I saw the woman in the white outfit too. I thought how self absorbed do you have to be to not even consider the people behind you. There were some very distasteful entitled people there that night and the behavior was unflattering from one actress in particular.

That was my first thought when I saw the woman in the white outfit too. I thought how self absorbed do you have to be to not even consider the people behind you. There were some very distasteful entitled people there that night and the behavior was unflattering from one actress in particular.
According to media reports, she doesn't regret the dress choice! I'd like to have seen her directly explain how it was OK to put the person behind her in that position.

It's all very well to make generalized statements about confidence and taking up space, but I think it would be something else actually to admit 'it was OK to block another person's view completely. ...Because, essentially, that's what she seems to be saying. After all, that's what she did.

Doesn't the person behind her deserve equal space and equal access to the show? Doesn't their confidence matter, too? Isn't that Equality?

I had read the stories about the big white collar but didn’t look until now. Holy crap! Who does that? And who is she so I can associate that story with the right person goin forward.

I had read the stories about the big white collar but didn’t look until now. Holy crap! Who does that? And who is she so I can associate that story with the right person goin forward.
I'm not sure of her name, but she was there as something to do with Rihanna's song from Black Panther.

She is songwriter, Tems, who wrote the song Lift Me Up for Wakanda Forever. A joke Jimmy Kimmel said was, "Lift me up," is exactly what the people sitting behind her were saying." :lmao:

BTW, some people are up in arms about the fact that the donkey at the Oscars was a FRAUD. That it wasn't the same donkey as in the movie The Banshees of Inisherin which was filmed in Ireland. >:( Jimmy Kimmel said, of course it's not the same donkey. :rolleyes: They didn't want to put the real donkey through flying there and back on planes just for a joke.

Some people are such idiots. :sad2:

BTW, some people are up in arms about the fact that the donkey at the Oscars was a FRAUD. That it wasn't the same donkey as in the movie The Banshees of Inisherin which was filmed in Ireland. >:( Jimmy Kimmel said, of course it's not the same donkey. :rolleyes: They didn't want to put the real donkey through flying there and back on planes just for a joke.

Some people are such idiots. :sad2:
LOL, that is stupid. I could tell it wasn't the same donkey, I had just watched the movie. Who cares? It was adorable and Farrells reaction to the donkey was priceless.
Are they mad the real cocaine bear didn't present with Elizabeth Banks?

LOL, that is stupid. I could tell it wasn't the same donkey, I had just watched the movie. Who cares? It was adorable and Farrells reaction to the donkey was priceless.
Are they mad the real cocaine bear didn't present with Elizabeth Banks?
He was getting an early start at the after parties.

She is songwriter, Tems, who wrote the song Lift Me Up for Wakanda Forever. A joke Jimmy Kimmel said was, "Lift me up," is exactly what the people sitting behind her were saying." :lmao:
Oh yes, thanks. I had Tam in my mind, but knew it wasn't quite right. ETA: I thought Rihanna wrote the song... Maybe, it was a joint effort.

Oh yes, thanks. I had Tam in my mind, but knew it wasn't quite right. ETA: I thought Rihanna wrote the song... Maybe, it was a joint effort.

Turns out the song was a 4 person collaboration. :oops:

And interestingly, all the songs nominated were collaborations except for 13 time nominee and finally one of this year's, Lifetime achievement winners, Diane Warren.

BEST ORIGINAL SONG nominees:
Ryan Coogler, Ludwig Göransson, Rihanna & Tems, “Lift Me Up,” Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Lady Gaga & BloodPop, “Hold My Hand,” Top Gun: Maverick
M.M. Keeravaani & Chandrabose, “Naatu Naatu,” RRR
Diane Warren, “Applause,” Tell It Like a Woman
Ryan Lott, David Byrne & Mitski, “This Is a Life,” Everything Everywhere All at Once

Turns out the song was a 4 person collaboration. :oops:

And interestingly, all the songs nominated were collaborations except for 13 time nominee and finally one of this year's, Lifetime achievement winners, Diane Warren.

BEST ORIGINAL SONG nominees:
Ryan Coogler, Ludwig Göransson, Rihanna & Tems, “Lift Me Up,” Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Lady Gaga & BloodPop, “Hold My Hand,” Top Gun: Maverick
M.M. Keeravaani & Chandrabose, “Naatu Naatu,” RRR
Diane Warren, “Applause,” Tell It Like a Woman
Ryan Lott, David Byrne & Mitski, “This Is a Life,” Everything Everywhere All at Once
Most songs are a joint effort. Often it's written by one person but tweaked by at least one other. Everybody receives credit...finally.

According to media reports, she doesn't regret the dress choice! I'd like to have seen her directly explain how it was OK to put the person behind her in that position.

It's all very well to make generalized statements about confidence and taking up space, but I think it would be something else actually to admit 'it was OK to block another person's view completely. ...Because, essentially, that's what she seems to be saying. After all, that's what she did.

Doesn't the person behind her deserve equal space and equal access to the show? Doesn't their confidence matter, too? Isn't that Equality?
She is the definition of narcissist.

Who were you rooting for?

I think we all needed a nice, uneventful night, except for all the crying we did.
For supporting Actress I was actually rooting for Stephanie Hsu of EEAAO. Again I thought Jamie Lee was great, but Stephanie was just incredible and a breath of fresh air. I loved Angela’s performance as well.

I agree it was nice to have a fun evening, even with all the happy tears lol.

Went to see Everything Everywhere All At Once today.

I haven't seen any of the other movies nominated, but I can fully understand the acting awards for Michelle Yeoh and Ke Huy Quan. But I have my doubts about Jamie Lee Curtis. I love her work and she did a great job with her part, but was this role worthy of an Oscar... I'm not sure. I think Stephanie Hsu did a more memorable job.

But then again, Jamie Lee will have less opportunities to win Oscars, as she is getting older and good roles for older women are scarce (although hope this movie will change this). And she definitely is an Oscar worthy actress. Stephanie will probably win one somewhere in the future.

The movie itself was not really my thing. I wasn't bored, I was intrigued and confused at the same time 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter