The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what I am looking for in a resort. I don't want Disney 24/7. I want to feel like I'm on a tropical vacation. It's a vacation within a vacation.

Hi
This is exactly why we're staying at CSR in Dec. for my DH's 58th birthday. I've been to Pop 5 times, and it's fun for my 4 1/2 year old DGD, but I really need a tropical vacation. Can't wait!!!
Joan

I'm sure this has been asked already, but do the rooms coome standard with a fridge? I only ask because when my reservation was being done by our friend who is a castmember, he said there was nowhere to add the fridge, but just put it on the special request line. Sorry if this ahs been asked to death...still new around here:):wave2:
Thanks!

I'm sure this has been asked already, but do the rooms coome standard with a fridge? I only ask because when my reservation was being done by our friend who is a castmember, he said there was nowhere to add the fridge, but just put it on the special request line. Sorry if this ahs been asked to death...still new around here:):wave2:
Thanks!

It absolutely does!! We just got back and there is a fridge, it is inclosed in a cabinet. It worked Great!
PammyPoppins

I'm sure I've seen this posted somewhere else on this thread, but does CSR have the motion sensor a/c which shuts off in the night and whilst you're not in the room? If so how do you override it?

I have one worry about staying at CSR, and it the size of the resort and was wondering if they were pretty accomidating about room request. My husband has bad knees and I was going to request a room close to the El Centro and the bus stop.We are trying not to rent or bring along our scooter this year since it such a hassel , last time we left the rented scooter in the room and rented from the parks a couple of days and it was so much easier but we stayed at POFQ and were right next to the building and bus stop so there was no problem. If anyone has ay other ideas or suggestions please let me know. Oh yes and the request I was going to make was the building closest to El Centro and the ground floor.
Thanks

I would absolutely keep calling about a room request before you go. We requested a room in a section of the resort and they supposively put it on our record on the computer, well we didn't get to stay in that section, and what was in more frustrating is that I requested to NOT stay in the ranchos and that is where we were placed.... and what's worse is that it was in 7A which is like one of (if not) the farthest away from El Centro... :( So much for having injuries.. :headache:

I would absolutely keep calling about a room request before you go. We requested a room in a section of the resort and they supposedly put it on our record on the computer, well we didn't get to stay in that section, and what was in more frustrating is that I requested to NOT stay in the ranchos and that is where we were placed.... and what's worse is that it was in 7A which is like one of (if not) the farthest away from El Centro... :( So much for having injuries.. :headache:
Sorry you didn't get what you requested but requests are just that, requests. Nothing is guaranteed at any resort. Continued calling won't help you get a room request either. All you can do is request what you want when you call in your reservation but nothing is ever guaranteed. Then I follow the guidelines at http://allearsnet.com/acc/cro1.htm.

I'm sure I've seen this posted somewhere else on this thread, but does CSR have the motion sensor a/c which shuts off in the night and whilst you're not in the room? If so how do you override it?
On the thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly, you will see the letters "bp" where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. The maintenance man said that you might have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to sensor mode after 24 hours. We found that it stayed on bypass for a couple of days at a time. It was great to come back to a cold room or not wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat again. The CM that did this for us said it was not a problem doing this as they do it for people all the time.

We are coming to WDW for the first time Nov 7...we are a male 53 and female 51 and we have saved for 8 years for this trip...Disney has been a DREAM for me all my life...but...life got in the way...also son 24 and Girlfriend will be coming with us...maybe...just maybe we will be lucky enough to get a dream come true from Disney...to wax poetetically if I may...I used to watch "Wonderful World Of Disney" every Sunday as a child and young adult with dreams of going there some day...we are staying at CSR
All I can say is we have a count down going and CANNOT wait until Nov 7, 2007 at 5:30 am when we leave for WDW!!!!!:
Have a great trip!!

Hi! New to this thread and CSR. I am trying to put together a quick trip for DH and I for MNSSHP and HHN. I would like to stay at CSR since we can't stay there with the kids (without a suite) since we are a family of 5! We would be arriving on 11/1 and leaving on 11/3, so it is a quick trip! We have to get back for our DS' football playoffs!

I have no idea what room requests to make and what is the difference between ranchos and ????--whatever the other area is that I can't think of right now!!

We will be renting a car, so I would like to be kind of a close to wherever we park, but also close to the pool and the snack bar. Not sure if that is even possible!!! LOL

Any advice for us? Hopefully I can pull off this surprise for DH!

On the thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly, you will see the letters "bp" where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. The maintenance man said that you might have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to sensor mode after 24 hours. We found that it stayed on bypass for a couple of days at a time. It was great to come back to a cold room or not wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat again. The CM that did this for us said it was not a problem doing this as they do it for people all the time.

Thanks :thumbsup2 It shouldn't be too hot in Dec, but we don't want the room to be stuffy.

Hi! New to this thread and CSR. I am trying to put together a quick trip for DH and I for MNSSHP and HHN. I would like to stay at CSR since we can't stay there with the kids (without a suite) since we are a family of 5! We would be arriving on 11/1 and leaving on 11/3, so it is a quick trip! We have to get back for our DS' football playoffs!

I have no idea what room requests to make and what is the difference between ranchos and ????--whatever the other area is that I can't think of right now!!

We will be renting a car, so I would like to be kind of a close to wherever we park, but also close to the pool and the snack bar. Not sure if that is even possible!!! LOL

Any advice for us? Hopefully I can pull off this surprise for DH!
There is three areas at CSR. Cabanas, casitas and ranchos. I like the cabana section the best but it depends on what you are looking for and want to be close to. Cabanas seem to be the best for location. The casitas seem to be the best for having the best courtyards, fountains and beauty and the ranchos for being quiet and the most removed from everything.

I just got back from a week long stay at the Coronado Springs Resort and it was fantastic!!!!
We had booked the night prior to our arrival so we could have our room ready when we arrived at 9 am (plus it gave us extra meal credits for the ddp so we could do 2 signature dinners).
I had requested 8A in the Cabanas but when I got there my request had not been honored. All I did is make a little boo-boo face and they started trying to accomodate us! (I hadn't even realized I made the face!) Since we really wanted to check into our room immediately - I didn't care where they put us. After the CM and his Manager looked at a computer - speaking softly - they told us they would upgrade us to a waterview in the Casitas and we could have access to the room now! YEAH!!!
Okay so we were in Casitas 4 room 4226. 2nd floor overlooking the quiet pool which is also right at the fitness center and the salon. We were a short walk to the main pool to our left and a short-ish walk to El Centro to our right. We had a very short walk to Bus stop #2 (which is a great bus stop because it is 'usually' the first stop).
Everybody was very friendly!
They have carts that take you around the hotel if you want. Great idea! We got on it once just because my son wanted to try it out! My only complaint about that is they seem to be speed demons! You and your family are walking quietly and W H O O S H - these carts went zipping by you. We were always shouting "kids, get out of the way"
Every morning I would take my mugs and head to La Tienda to pick up coffee, milk and fruit (plus I brought cereal from home).
We ate at the Pepper Market twice (one breakfast and one lunch) - not confusing at all and good food (we liked the lunch better).
We did not make it to the Maya Grill because we had already booked all of our dinner reservations at the parks! (All great except CRT for dinner - yuk)

All in all we had a great time!
I would be happy to answer any questions!!

I would like a king bed room for Dh and I kind of close to the main pool and El Centro --- where do I request to stay?

I just got back from a week long stay at the Coronado Springs Resort and it was fantastic!!!!
We had booked the night prior to our arrival so we could have our room ready when we arrived at 9 am (plus it gave us extra meal credits for the ddp so we could do 2 signature dinners).
I had requested 8A in the Cabanas but when I got there my request had not been honored. All I did is make a little boo-boo face and they started trying to accomodate us! (I hadn't even realized I made the face!) Since we really wanted to check into our room immediately - I didn't care where they put us. After the CM and his Manager looked at a computer - speaking softly - they told us they would upgrade us to a waterview in the Casitas and we could have access to the room now! YEAH!!!
Okay so we were in Casitas 4 room 4226. 2nd floor overlooking the quiet pool which is also right at the fitness center and the salon. We were a short walk to the main pool to our left and a short-ish walk to El Centro to our right. We had a very short walk to Bus stop #2 (which is a great bus stop because it is 'usually' the first stop).
Everybody was very friendly!
They have carts that take you around the hotel if you want. Great idea! We got on it once just because my son wanted to try it out! My only complaint about that is they seem to be speed demons! You and your family are walking quietly and W H O O S H - these cartrs went zipping by you. We were always shouting "kids, get out of the way"
Every morning I would take my mugs and head to La Tienda to pick up coffee, milk and fruit (plus I brought cereal from home).
We ate at the Pepper Market twice (one breakfast and one lunch) - not confusing at all and good food (we liked the lunch better).
We did not make it to the Maya Grill because we had already booked all of our dinner reservations at the parks! (All great except CRT for dinner - yuk)

All in all we had a great time!
I would be happy to answer any questions!!
Welcome back, thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter