The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again! I know most of you prefer to have a vacation within a vacation....and CSR would certainly be the best place to go for that! :yay:

We are fortunate enough to take several trips a year and if we want a quiet week to relax, I will go somewhere like Sanibel Island and get my fill of being quiet and lazy. :)

Please don't think I am putting the CSR down. I just wanted people to know that it is truly a beautiful resort, but nothing like you would expect at WDW. People who need romance in their lives will love this place! :love:

I do think that a resort hotel should be clean! When I go to a resort for a relaxing vacation and pay that amount each night....I expect a clean room. Even after the initial clean...they still did not take care of our room. That is disappointing. I hope we were the exception and not the norm!

Enjoy your upcoming vacations everyone!
:flower3:

We had a room in the Cabanas - 8A. The room was dirty when we arrived. We grabbed a mousekeeper walking by and asked her to take a look at the pillowcases, sheets & comforters - we had been in the room less than 15 minutes. She was appalled at how they looked - tears, stains, etc. She brought new pillowcases and said we would get a VIP cleaning in the morning. Well, my DH called the front desk and asked to speak to a manager. They assured us the room would be cleaned top to bottom that day. So, we left for a day at the parks and upon our return, everything was sparkling and smelled of bleach.

That was the last time it was actually cleaned. They swapped out towels and made the beds....but there were still soap stains in the bathroom and hair left around the sink and floors. It was never vacuumed again, etc. I was sorely disappointed in mousekeeping. We left $5 a day for the first 3 nights and then stopped. I was not going to tip for poor service all week long. We also never received even one towel animal and I didn't see any in the windows like you do at other resorts. :confused3

For our meals....the Pepper Market had really nice food to choose from. The service thing was a bit weird and confusing. They never really explained what to do and if we asked, the wait staff seemed to speak limited english. They were very nice, but did not communicte to the patorns very well. We ate there 3 times during the week - for lunch or a late night dinner. Every time we were there, people around us were confused about how to get their food and how to get refills, etc. Maybe they need to hand out a card when they seat you that explains what you need to do. The host or hostess doesn't do a great job of it and the servers have trouble with the language barrier! Once you figure it out though....you will enjoy the counter service meal. It sure beats hamburgers and hot dogs at the parks! :)

So, we will not stay at CSR again. I did not feel as if I was at Disney b/c is was so incredibly quiet and serene there. If I want to go to a resort and relax on vacation, I would do it somewhere other than WDW! When we go there, I expect to feel as though I am at Disney 24/7! We take 3 or 4 week-long family vacations a year and our WDW ones are fast-paced and fun. Our beach or mountain vacations are for relaxing and just enjoying ourselves.

I wish I had realized before this trip that the CSR seemed so totally distant from WDW. I read a ton of reviews and was pleased with what I read! I guess I should have read between the lines to see that words like beautiful, relaxing, etc. were not words we wanted to describe our family Disney vacation spot.

:love:

WOW... there's no excuse for the dirty room and lack of decent mousekeeping. I'm sorry you experienced that. You should get your room cleaned daily.

As for your description of the Pepper Market - whoa, that really differed from what we experienced. When my friend and I walked up to the host/hostess stand (we went 3 times during our 1 night stay), each time we were asked if we had been there before and the first time the host explained everything. On the next 2 times, we told the host/hostess we had been there previously, and were just seated without the overview talk. Personally, I REALLY liked being seated and given a clean table w/cloth napkin & cutlery without having to walk around looking for a seat. Our servers, hosts/hostesses, cashiers, and those cooking/serving the food were all fluent in English from what I experienced (but I was only there an overnight stay, so I do understand how you could have a totally different experience over a week).

The ticket we were given to have stamped also described what to do (I believe on the back). Then our server came over and asked what we'd like for drinks and then also encouraged us to go to the different food stands and order/get our tickets stamped. I think the stands even had signs that indicated "Order Here" or something like that. After we ordered, our ticket was stamped and we were told to come back in 10 minutes to pick it up. The system worked well for us. After we ate, we took our tickets to the cashier and paid.

Hopefully future CSR guests will check out Buzz's site and his info sheet which has a pic of the ticket that explains the whole Pepper Market process, so they'll know what to expect in advance and avoid confusion.

I personally love the theming of CSR - it has touches of Disney that are just right IMO. The peaceful environment is something I look forward to after being surrounded by tons of people in the parks. The theming at the values just doesn't do it for me. Thankfully there are plenty of different Disney resorts for everyone's tastes.

Again, I'm sorry you didn't get the mousekeeping service you deserved, and I'm glad you had fun at the Dig Site pool and enjoyed some of the food at the restaurants. I wouldn't like the sauces on my food either! :) I hope your next resort stay goes better. I do appreciate your honest review of your trip!

WOW... there's no excuse for the dirty room and lack of decent mousekeeping. I'm sorry you experienced that. You should get your room cleaned daily.

As for your description of the Pepper Market - whoa, that really differed from what we experienced. When my friend and I walked up to the host/hostess stand (we went 3 times during our 1 night stay), each time we were asked if we had been there before and the first time the host explained everything. On the next 2 times, we told the host/hostess we had been there previously, and were just seated without the overview talk. Personally, I REALLY liked being seated and given a clean table w/cloth napkin & cutlery without having to walk around looking for a seat. Our servers, hosts/hostesses, cashiers, and those cooking/serving the food were all fluent in English from what I experienced (but I was only there an overnight stay, so I do understand how you could have a totally different experience over a week).

The ticket we were given to have stamped also described what to do (I believe on the back). Then our server came over and asked what we'd like for drinks and then also encouraged us to go to the different food stands and order/get our tickets stamped. I think the stands even had signs that indicated "Order Here" or something like that. After we ordered, our ticket was stamped and we were told to come back in 10 minutes to pick it up. The system worked well for us. After we ate, we took our tickets to the cashier and paid.
It's all right on the back.. It's not rocket science. I've been to CSR nine trips and eaten at the PM more times than I can count and each every time I've gotten the host/hostess asking me if I've been there before, CM's cleaning and clearing our table and bringing our drinks as well as asking us if we want coffee.

vwpnrc.jpg

We will be on the DDP in November. Can we get desserts at a different station from the entree? We get an entree and dessert with a CS credit, right?

We will be on the DDP in November. Can we get desserts at a different station from the entree? We get an entree and dessert with a CS credit, right?
Yes, CSR has it's own bakery so everything is made right on site. The dessert on DDP are limited to Tier 1 or 2 I believe.

IMG_0872.JPG

MOUSE STEPS PHOTO

It's all right on the back.. It's not rocket science.

Now that was rude. :sad2:

If you have stayed at a lot of resorts like I have, this is just a very unusual way to have a CS meal in a hotel. For 10%....we didn't get much of anything. I don't mind paying extra for service, but if you don't get service....what is the sense?! No one refilled our drinks or checked on us the 3 times we were there. We were led to a table that had our silverware on it. (yes, that is much nicer than trying to locate a table in a busy restaurant...but 3/4 of the restaurant was empty each time we were there) They took our drink order and then we never saw them again. My DH and I took turns getting up to get refills from the fountains. We had to go place our own food orders, wait on the food and take it back to our table. Someone apparently cleans up the tables after you leave - which is nice.

Not everyone reads detailed Dis board reports - nor do they even know they exist.

Not one time did a host ask us to turn the card over and read the back. We were busy trying to figure out everything for us and the 2 kids....who the heck has time to play around with a ticket? I am not in a habit of looking at the backs of cards.

I am not stupid, but I obviously did need a little more direction. We eventually figured it out. I am sure there are plenty of other visitors who do not read English well enough to understand the back of the card - in the event that they take the time to turn it over and read it anyway! I can see elderly people getting confused about what to do as well.

Please don't insult yourself by making rude comments to people. Just understand that this is an unusual CS experience and having a host explain it before walking away would be much easier on the diners. Not everyone can spend hours reading through this website!

I'm sorry to hear about your mousekeeping experience, but it's not the norm for CSR or I don't beleive for any Disney Resort. For some reason it does seem to happen on occasion at different Disney Resorts. Maybe it's an occasional mousekeeper at different resorts not cleaning as well as they should. Although we did'nt receive any towel animals we did see some in the windows of other rooms, but we rarely received them in the values either and we do tip daily. I think this may also have to do with your mousekeeper. We have had great trips in the past to the value resorts, but since my boys are teens now they preferred CSR, more to do more food choices and more children their age. So I believe it depends on what you are looking for in a vacation and that's why I do so much research on the Disboards to make the best choices for us. Linda :)

It's all right on the back.. It's not rocket science.

Now that was rude. :sad2:

If you have stayed at a lot of resorts like I have, this is just a very unusual way to have a CS meal in a hotel. For 10%....we didn't get much of anything. I don't mind paying extra for service, but if you don't get service....what is the sense?! No one refilled our drinks or checked on us the 3 times we were there. We were led to a table that had our silverware on it. (yes, that is much nicer than trying to locate a table in a busy restaurant...but 3/4 of the restaurant was empty each time we were there) They took our drink order and then we never saw them again. My DH and I took turns getting up to get refills from the fountains. We had to go place our own food orders, wait on the food and take it back to our table. Someone apparently cleans up the tables after you leave - which is nice.

Not everyone reads detailed Dis board reports - nor do they even know they exist.

Not one time did a host ask us to turn the card over and read the back. We were busy trying to figure out everything for us and the 2 kids....who the heck has time to play around with a ticket? I am not in a habit of looking at the backs of cards.

I am not stupid, but I obviously did need a little more direction. We eventually figured it out. I am sure there are plenty of other visitors who do not read English well enough to understand the back of the card - in the event that they take the time to turn it over and read it anyway! I can see elderly people getting confused about what to do as well.

Please don't insult yourself by making rude comments to people. Just understand that this is an unusual CS experience and having a host explain it before walking away would be much easier on the diners. Not everyone can spend hours reading through this website!

I believe Buzz knows it's an unusual CS experience and he's dedicated a lot of time and effort in helping people who are researching their resort options. The information is there if you take the time to look for it.

I have to say - I didn't take his comment as rude, and he replied to my post.

IMO if someone hands me a ticket/card when I enter an establishment and I'm the least bit unsure in how to proceed, I look at the ticket/card, front and back. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the card in different languages. As I previously said in my post, our host verbally explained the food stands, ticket & payment process. Our servers at each meal checked on us and offered refills, extra napkins ketchup or even some A1 sauce.

Buzz has put countless hours into his unofficial website and this thread. There are not that many websites about Disney resorts with such a wealth of info.

At some point in your DISboards reading, you found this thread and decided to post your review here. I'm not sure if you checked out the thread prior to your trip, but had you read the very first post (by Buzz) you would have seen his signature offering the links to the information. Yes, not everyone has time to read through everything, but many do and I certainly appreciate the effort Buzz had made in putting so much stuff in one place.

Hi everyone!

I am going on my first trip to CS in December and I can't wait! A friend of ours is a CM and has gotten us the room for 8 nights for the same price as the Pop would be for the same amount of time! I really wanted to go to the Pop for the kids as I thought they would love it, but he said "have the room for you, the parks are for the kids" And I totally agree. Althought the parks are for us too:) It will still be nice to get away from the park theme for the few hours we will spend there and I am so happy to hear that it is quiet. Buzz's site is awesome and this place looks so gorgeous and I can't wait to try the Pepper Market. The kids will love the pool as long at it is warm enough for it, although I am hoping for cooler weather this go round.

I do have a question though... Why do you feel it necessary to tip housekeeping every night? Anytime I have ever been to a hotel, we left a tip only on the last night you are there. I can't afford to tip every night,and honestly, usually put the "do not disturb" sign on the door so they won't come in. I'm not too trusting of anyone and I don't like the fact that someone is in my room possibly going through my things, ya know?

Anyway, thanks to you all for all the great info and tips. I am so glad I found this place!

You don't always have the same housekeeper every day so I like to make sure who ever cleaned the room that day gets the tip. I put $5 in an envelope marked mousekeeping for each day. There was a day when housekeeping came and we were in the room so we just took clean towels from her, and I did'nt tip for that day and she seemed quite happy to have one less room to clean. If you put singles aside a little at a time it makes it easier than taking it out of your money while on vacation. I also save up my quarters and put them in the mini M&M tubes and bring them to do the laundry and the tolls from the airport. Just a couple a things I do ahead of time to make things a little easier. And if the pool is'nt warm enough for swimming, the hot tub would probably be nice! Linda :)

Flamingomo, to answer your tipping question, both ways are considered appropriate if you choose to tip your housekeeping staff. Some folks do tip daily probably as an insentive perhaps to keep good service going. Others leave a tip intermittantly during their stay and others as you do, choose leave a tip in the end. I think tipping is personal and subjective, and you need to do what you feel is correct.

WDWBETSY- well said!

We will be at CSR next week for our first time and have really enjoyed Buzz's site and appreciate all the hard work he puts into helping us plan our resort stays.

I believe Buzz knows it's an unusual CS experience and he's dedicated a lot of time and effort in helping people who are researching their resort options. The information is there if you take the time to look for it.

I have to say - I didn't take his comment as rude, and he replied to my post.

IMO if someone hands me a ticket/card when I enter an establishment and I'm the least bit unsure in how to proceed, I look at the ticket/card, front and back. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the card in different languages. As I previously said in my post, our host verbally explained the food stands, ticket & payment process. Our servers at each meal checked on us and offered refills, extra napkins ketchup or even some A1 sauce.

Buzz has put countless hours into his unofficial website and this thread. There are not that many websites about Disney resorts with such a wealth of info.

At some point in your DISboards reading, you found this thread and decided to post your review here. I'm not sure if you checked out the thread prior to your trip, but had you read the very first post (by Buzz) you would have seen his signature offering the links to the information. Yes, not everyone has time to read through everything, but many do and I certainly appreciate the effort Buzz had made in putting so much stuff in one place.
Yeah, what she said! :surfweb: They always explained the procedure or asked if we been there before.

Ok, I'm pretty sure it's been answered (but I don't want to read the whole thread).....but did I make a good choice in booking Maya Grill for dinner?

I asked for reviews on the resturants thread, and they were all pretty wishy-washy, not so good.

Thanks

Im sure its been said somewhere in 135 pgs but I was thinking of changing our POP reservation for Christmast to CSR. How busy is CSR for Christmas? Would we be better off at POP or should we try CSR. Are there fridges in the rooms also?

Ok, I'm pretty sure it's been answered (but I don't want to read the whole thread).....but did I make a good choice in booking Maya Grill for dinner?

I asked for reviews on the resturants thread, and they were all pretty wishy-washy, not so good.

Thanks

food is always subjective

We really liked our dinner at the Maya grill and I believe it to be underrated. Service was good - the filet mignon was excellant. I come from an area where good steaks are plentiful, and the filet was very very good. I dont think you made a mistake.

food is always subjective

We really liked our dinner at the Maya grill and I believe it to be underrated. Service was good - the filet mignon was excellant. I come from an area where good steaks are plentiful, and the filet was very very good. I dont think you made a mistake.

Good to hear, we are booked there for DH's birthday dinner.

I asked for reviews on the restaurants thread, and they were all pretty wishy-washy, not so good.

Thanks
I've read mixed reviews too. Usually the food is great but the service is slow is the main complaint. I've only eaten there once and it was fine.

Im sure its been said somewhere in 135 pgs but I was thinking of changing our POP reservation for Christmast to CSR. How busy is CSR for Christmas? Would we be better off at POP or should we try CSR. Are there fridges in the rooms also?
CSR does have a fridge in the room. CSR is also a convention resort which helps with keeping the buses and pools less crowded but I think being that it is x-mas, it will be busy regardless of where you stay.

We ate at Maya Grill once, and look forward to returning. The food was delicous, and the service was fine. We arrived at opening (about 5 pm) and it was not busy. Our family loves the Pepper Market, and the Maya Grill. That is one of the reasons we're hoping to return to CSR next year!

We ate at Maya Grill once, and look forward to returning. The food was delicous, and the service was fine. We arrived at opening (about 5 pm) and it was not busy. Our family loves the Pepper Market, and the Maya Grill. That is one of the reasons we're hoping to return to CSR next year!

Ok, that makes me feel better. Our ADR is for 5pm as well, as I am going to MVMCP that night. I figured, well at least, I"m hoping to be done by 6 in order to get to the park for 7. Hopefully if we are there early, then it won't be as crowded as it possibly could be later on!

Buzz....about how far from CSR is MK? (Thanks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter