The Murphy's are LIVE from WDW and Kidani! March 21-28 and April 2-5

F8D42F36-0E22-4BF3-98D7-7D302D78E3B4_zpspbrshwni.jpg

I refuse to leave!!!!!! :sad1:

I have to say the expected Easter holiday crowds aren't here this weekend. I wouldn't say it's busy at all actually. Christmas and New Years were much more packed.

I'm at the airport. What a great two weeks that was!!!! :love: I'm still in shock about the lack of crowds this weekend. Even leaving MK last night I strolled right onto the bus back to ASMu. Where is everyone??? Maybe so many people have been scared off by holiday crowds now it's having the reverse affect? I'd like to know the actual park attendance reports, just to see if there's been a decrease.

Final thoughts on All Star Music: it served it's purpose for a very last minute stay but I won't be back. The bus service was excellent and the food court was fine. But our room was nasty. 10 minutes walking around the room in white socks and they were black on the bottom. Bathroom floor tiles disgusting, I spread towels all over the floor like runners just so I could walk around without shoes on. the smoking in the hallways was a huge issue on every floor. Gross. This is just not the place for me. It was still better than being off property since we had the excellent bus service to the parks. But that's the only perk. This hotel needs a good scrubbing. Clean the carpets, scrub the tile, elbow grease!!!!

June at the GF cant come soon enough as far as I'm concerned!!!! :cloud9:

Great TR!! Really enjoyed following along and hearing about all the different things you did. Sorry the resort was grubby...it is hard when you are used to better standards to go "back"...sigh...too bad the prices are still high!!

I agree, but we paid over a thousand bucks for 3 nights at ASMu so I guess I just wish it would have been cleaner. Anything else I could handle.

I'm home!!!!!!! And I miss WDW already. :sad:

Thanks for sharing your trip, it was so much fun to follow along! Your ASM review was good to hear--sometimes I feel guilty that we don't even consider value resorts, but we just don't get to Disney often enough to take the chance we'll be disappointed by an unclean resort or room or by smokers in the hallways!

I would never stay here with my kids. They would literally throw a fit. I have created horribly spoiled club level snobs in the two of them. :lmao:

Ugh - boo to this awful All Star Music stay! We enjoyed our stay there last August, but my oldest still says it's because it was $67/night and we booked it literally 20 days in advance. Last minute budget stay with the APs. He thinks that's the reason we liked it so much, but it was also because we had zero interaction with CMs and everything was in good condition. The mess you experienced along with the response - yuck. Glad you have GF coming up!

CMs at Pop were really friendly. I was a huge fan of the straight-to-room text, especially at 1:30am. Our youngest loved Pop - the walk along the lake in the early morning, the signs with facts, the walkman that he initially thought was a camera, the scavenger hunt. Our oldest did not. Right now, he's saying no more value.

Ugh - boo to this awful All Star Music stay! We enjoyed our stay there last August, but my oldest still says it's because it was $67/night and we booked it literally 20 days in advance. Last minute budget stay with the APs. He thinks that's the reason we liked it so much, but it was also because we had zero interaction with CMs and everything was in good condition. The mess you experienced along with the response - yuck. Glad you have GF coming up!

CMs at Pop were really friendly. I was a huge fan of the straight-to-room text, especially at 1:30am. Our youngest loved Pop - the walk along the lake in the early morning, the signs with facts, the walkman that he initially thought was a camera, the scavenger hunt. Our oldest did not. Right now, he's saying no more value.

On the straight to the room text, do we still need to stop by front desk to activate magic bands to room?

If we were paying $67 I wouldn't complain, but our suite even with my AP rate was $317 a night plus tax. I expect more for that price.
We had to stop at the desk first because my Mom didn't have a Magic Band yet. But then they didn't even work anyway. LOL!!!!

On the straight to the room text, do we still need to stop by front desk to activate magic bands to room?

We didn't need to stop at the front desk or do anything at all. We literally stepped off the magical express, walked directly to our room and entered using the magic bands. I received the "room ready" text so early in the day that I looked up our room location on an online Pop map and knew exactly where to go. It was wonderful.

If we were paying $67 I wouldn't complain, but our suite even with my AP rate was $317 a night plus tax. I expect more for that price.
We had to stop at the desk first because my Mom didn't have a Magic Band yet. But then they didn't even work anyway. LOL!!!!

Oh, that's not right. It does need a scrubbing. And smokers? Gross indeed.

But! Thank you for taking the time to upload so many pictures and share your journey! I need to go to Disney! Lucky for me were booked for June too! First time CL. WL! I'm really looking forward to it.

That's the thing with Disney - with the amount you pay, you kind of have high expectations and you can't help but be dissapointed when things aren't great. If it was cheap, you wouldn't really care because you would at least be getting a deal.

Too bad about ASMu!
Sounds like you should chat with guest communications about this. I think the suites were first created around 2008? Maybe not renovated since then? That's expensive for a dirty room. I agree about the bus service. Best I've ever had. All three All Stars.

Loved your trip report!

Bummer about Music, that used to be our go to value but we stick with Pop now. We had two rooms facing the lake in the 50's last October and I will never stay at another value again!

For us its often been value or no trip. Your boys are very lucky!

Too bad about ASMu!
Sounds like you should chat with guest communications about this. I think the suites were first created around 2008? Maybe not renovated since then? That's expensive for a dirty room. I agree about the bus service. Best I've ever had. All three All Stars.

I was expecting something fresher that's for sure. It doesn't seem like it's been that long since they created the suites. They will surely be up for refurb soon, or at least a good scrub down of the carpets!

Almost time for FP+! Your arrival date is 10 days ahead of mine this time. And we switched to BWI for our conference/girls' weekend! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter