~The Man Report 2006~~~~~End & Summary~~~~~Lots of Pictures

Buzz and Linnie,

What a great report! I have really enjoyed it. Thanks for taking us along for the ride! Take care over the next year!

yellowtink said:
It can't be the end. :sad: It just can't I think I am going to faint. :faint:I am happy you had a good time. :) I wish it was me.Get a better DVD player thing. :happytv:

We did! :cool1: We took ours back to Costco a few days ago. We bought it there around Christmas time last year. They took it back, no questions asked. We had the receipt (Buzz being the OCD guy he is), but we didn't have the box. That was ok-they let us return it anyway and we now have a brand new one that I am eager to try out!!

Thanks for allowing us all to join in on your vacation! It was a wonderful adventure!

Maybe next Oct we can meet at Capt Jacks for a MARGARITA!

DTDCapnJacks8-20-04.jpg

ZZUB said:
I don't want to be anywhere near my computer on vacation. But then it it takes me a year to finish writing about the last trip so maybe you're on to something.
I don't really either but I think it's the only way for us to remember everything that happens. The most important thing is it makes for a good journal to refer back to in later years with the scrap book the wife makes. It's also fun to read all the humorous comments like...

ZZUB said:
Last edited by ZZUB : Yesterday at 02:49 PM. Reason: With the demise of Alabama football, this has been a pleasant diversion for my rage.

That's a hoot! I remember last year at O'hanas I watched Notre Dame lose to USC at home when they should have won. It only took me 25 trips to the bathroom to watch the game :sunny: USC of course went on to play in the Nat Championship. I will never forget that dinner!!

Makinorlando, I love seeing that picture. We spent a few hours there this year bu never got a picture of it. Here's a good shot of the end product though: :thumbsup2
WDW200634.JPG

:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

sherreis said:
I've only been on DisBoards since this summer and have to say that you're TR is definitely one of the best I've read and is one of the reasons that makes DisBoards such a nice place to be addicted to. Looking forward to reading the Man report next October. Then, it will make even more sense to me cause I have no idea where anything is - we haven't been to DW in 17 yrs and it was only MK/Epcot then.
Do your own trip report after you return and send either Lin or I a PM so we know. I love reading about peoples first time.

yellowtink said:
Get a better DVD player thing
We already did! I found my Costco receipt from last January when I purchased it and took it back. They didn't even care that I didn't have the box. Got us a new one for the exact same amount only a different brand. I hope this on works better next year. We'll have to test it out first to make sure. LIve and Learn.

Thanks so much for your TR! :thumbsup2

What a wonderful family you are, and your posting style was so much fun. Looking forward to next year's report! :)

Montana Disney Fan said:
I don't really either but I think it's the only way for us to remember everything that happens. The most important thing is it makes for a good journal to refer back to in later years with the scrap book the wife makes.

So very true! I took a few notes each morning but you still forget so much.

Besides, having a LIVE account for the rest of us back home was great. There aren't many that do that, if any?

blue_river said:
Besides, having a LIVE account for the rest of us back home was great. There aren't many that do that, if any?

Yes, people seem to really enjoy what's going on at Disney right NOW. The "Live" report is harder than heck to do, but the only way to go for our family. One thing you don't have to worry about is material that's for sure!

SIDE NOTE TO EVERYONE

**Not ONE single person took us up on our offer to send post cards to their children. My wife brought down a TON of stamps and we only used one sheet for our own post cards I printed with the photo printer we brought with us. I guess people are just being extra safe now days but heck, we let everyone know our names and where we lived during this report. :confused3 We will offer the "Pay it Forward" deal again next year and see if anyone takes advantage of it".

Montana Disney Fan said:
Yes, people seem to really enjoy what's going on at Disney right NOW. The "Live" report is harder than heck to do, but the only way to go for our family. One thing you don't have to worry about is material that's for sure!

SIDE NOTE TO EVERYONE

**Not ONE single person took us up on our offer to send post cards to their children. My wife brought down a TON of stamps and we only used one sheet for our own post cards I printed with the photo printer we brought with us. I guess people are just being extra safe now days but heck, we let everyone know our names and where we lived during this report. :confused3 We will offer the "Pay it Forward" deal again next year and see if anyone takes advantage of it".

I read your whole report- after you where home. I would have loved to have post cards for the kids except our whole trip is a surprise--- Thank you for your wonderful offer- It's too bad someone did not take you up on your kind offer....
S :)

Thanks for the great TR! I'm so sorry to see it end. :( Cool about getting a new DVD player. Bummer about the postcards. I would've sent you a pm about it, but I figured it would be too late by the time I asked. :( Can't wait til next year. Take care!

I think it's great that you offered the postcards and I'm really surprised to hear that noone took you up on the offer. I would have but I have an aunt who lives in Orlando who has been sending postcards and Mickey stickers every once in awhile. DS gets so excited when they get something in the mail. I have one of those enchanted calls scheduled for the morning we leave so DS6 will get a call from Tigger saying he heard he was going on a trip.
How's life been now that you're back in Montana and settling down. I don't want to think about how hard it is to leave DW to go back to real life.

Montana Disney Fan said:

Hey Buzz, I'm just curious...did you post this in the Fairygodmailer board before you left?

That's what I used and received 4 requests to send out post cards.

I really enjoyed your Trip Report and pictures!! Now I'm DYING for a Margarita from DTD!! They are my favorite!!!

Oh..I love this guy too... :banana: He always makes me smile!!

I just found your report yesterday and read the whole thing beginning to end. Thank you Thank Thank you! This was the best report I've read. Great Job!!!! I hope and pray you do another trip report next year.

Also tell Linnie the Pooh I had to clean my closet today after seeing the photo's of her's. I still need to but all my colors in a rainbow, maybe later.

Take care and Thanks Again - What a ride :cool1:

Montana Disney Fan said:
SIDE NOTE TO EVERYONE

It's ok that I took down a lot of stamps. We sent out TONS of postcards to our families. My nephews enjoyed them-esp. the Star Wars ones. I'm trying to entice my mom to do a family trip like Buzz's dad did a few years ago. This helped sweeten the pot. I brought the rest of the stamps home-it's not like we won't use them Buzz!! :rolleyes:

The clothes in rainbow order is pretty over the top, isn't it. I'm so bizarre at times.... :rolleyes1

We're from Casper, and I hear you on the Denver airport. How can you build something like that and not include a children's area. We found the little rubberized things shaped like balls near the food court, but even my 4 year old was bored after about 5 minutes when we were there last week. But I did notice in your picture that at Billings at least you get to fly on the regional jet, we have to fly on a prop plane!!!
I have one questions though, how did your kids do with the time change? Did you keep them on their regular schedule or do you "switch" them to Eastern time?
I really enjoyed your report. I applaud people who adjust to their children's temperments instead of ignoring them. :)
Looking forward to next year's trip report!!

Kari

jeeperwy said:
I have one questions though, how did your kids do with the time change? Did you keep them on their regular schedule or do you "switch" them to Eastern time?

Good question. We slowly moved from our time zone to Eastern. Since we woke up so early to start our trip down, we had accomplished the task of making the kids very tired. We put them to bed about their normal time the first time which was 8pm MST but 10pm EST.

Our dinners were all set up this way also. Our first dinner was set for 7:40 and slowly moved back each day until we were eating dinner at 6 PM on our last night.

blue_river said:
did you post this in the Fairygodmailer board before you left?

Nope, but I will next year. Thanks Blue. :thumbsup2

I loved your trip report. You had me hooked from beginnning to end. You are very funny! Loved the 'I am Man' installment when you described how you were weaving through Epcot. Our last trip was Aug/Sep 05 and our whole family can't wait to get back to the world (hopefully in '07). I also learned a few tips on trip planning. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter