The Magic, the Memories and the Food! February11 Update July 23 WPuck's Express

Have always wanted to try cinnabon and that looks delish (apart from the cream cheese part).

EoS yummy looking as always and those eggs benedict look gooooood :teeth:

Great updates Karin - the Earl's Club is my favourite sandwich from EOS. That pulled pork sandwich looked good too - not too wet as I am not a massive fan of too much sauce. Shame we are not going to make it to AK this trip so I won't get the chance to try one.

athe Pulled pork sandwich looks good !!I am on the fence about FTB in August as it may be TOO hot to eat outside:confused3I never had the Keylime pie there but I likes the new key lime dessert !!The ribs I had were very dry , so would try either the chicken or a sandwich , if we go !!

I too had heard BAD reviews of Mara, but I think they were for supper , cuz thta eggs benedict looks yummy!!!

Yes - I need to make sure that we make time to go over there more than once as we have a Yak and Yeti lunch reservation one day. We'll have to get over there another day as well!

I thought of you today! I took my girls to see Harry Potter and we were ordering our popcorn - and they sell Cinnabon pretzels at the concession stand!

And -- I don't know how you remember that - but yes, we'll be checking out on the 4th. We don't have anything in stone for our days the first through the third - except our dinner plans. What about ya'll??

If you can fit it in, FTB really is worth it! :thumbsup2
Cinnabon pretzels? Oh my something else I need to look out for! :goodvibes

How I remember? I cheat - I went and looked it up in your pre trip report! :rotfl2: I am sure we can arrange something - I need to dig up my planning sheets and I'll let you know. :thumbsup2

Have heard nothing but great things about Flame Tree and it sure looks good! :cool1:

It is a great CS spot! It took us a long time to try it, as it only offers outdoor seating, but there are some covered spots and it is actually very nice to sit there and enjoy some food with a view of Everest!

Have always wanted to try cinnabon and that looks delish (apart from the cream cheese part).

EoS yummy looking as always and those eggs benedict look gooooood :teeth:

Definitely try Cinnabon - you can check their menu online! :goodvibes That was a truely wonderful breakfast, we both enjoyed it a lot! :thumbsup2

a little late, but joining in :wave:

You are never too late! Welcome!! :goodvibes

Great updates Karin - the Earl's Club is my favourite sandwich from EOS. That pulled pork sandwich looked good too - not too wet as I am not a massive fan of too much sauce. Shame we are not going to make it to AK this trip so I won't get the chance to try one.

I always have a hard time choosing at EoS, and then tend to order the Earl's Club as it is so good. ;) :thumbsup2
It is up to you how much bbq sauce you put on your sandwich. We just spooned a little onto every bite! Yum!

athe Pulled pork sandwich looks good !!I am on the fence about FTB in August as it may be TOO hot to eat outside:confused3I never had the Keylime pie there but I likes the new key lime dessert !!The ribs I had were very dry , so would try either the chicken or a sandwich , if we go !!

I too had heard BAD reviews of Mara, but I think they were for supper , cuz thta eggs benedict looks yummy!!!

It's a shame FTB only has outdoor seating but there is a nice shady area down by the water, with a lovely view of Everest and it is quite nice down there.
Oh, you missed something - I loved the Key Lime Pie they had! Crisp crust and a lovely tart filling, topped with sweet meringue. :cloud9:

Those Eggs Benedict definitely were something special and Tom's burger was mighty tasty too! So Maya Grill is back on the map! :thumbsup2

Day 7, February 25

Wishes Dessert Party

In the evening we drove over to the Magic Kingdom to enjoy the Wishes Dessert Party.

IMG_0028.jpg

About half an hour before they opened we got in line. We were about halfway up to the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant and a CM ticked off names while another one handed out wristbands.

IMG_0027.jpg

We watched the CMs putting up the desserts and right on time we were allowed in. CMs took the parties to the tables and we got a front row table again. Once we had found our seats, we walked up to the dessert to take photos

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

and finally filled our plates

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

The strawberries were ripe and HUGE and juice, and tasted wonderful covered in chocolate, all the little desserts and cups we had were cool and sweet and good, but there was one HUGE letdown. I guess you all know how much I LOVE Creme Brulee, so I dug my spoon in there, took a spoonful and ................. something was wrong - I looked into the cup and the Creme Brulee was curdled. :scared: Yuck!
But I can assure you the rest of the desserts got eaten and we even went back for seconds!

IMG_0046.jpg

They had a technical problem with the "The Magic, the Memories and You" castle show, but we were right underneath Tinkerbell's flying path for the fireworks, which were really nice.

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

Lateron they had an announcement that the castle show would start a little after the fireworks and we were able to catch them then!

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

Next up: Grand Floridian Cafe

Karin, I thought of going to the Dessert Party, but Mark and I have been dieting and just thought it was too much temptation. But after seeing your pictures, I'm really regretting NOt booking it. :lmao::lmao:

Karin, I thought of going to the Dessert Party, but Mark and I have been dieting and just thought it was too much temptation. But after seeing your pictures, I'm really regretting NOt booking it. :lmao::lmao:

It's worth trying it at least once - we have been 5 times so far! :rotfl2: It worked out well for us since we only shared the pulled pork sandwich and we had some fruit in the afternoon - so we were keen on trying some sweets by the time we got there! ;) :laughing:

I am actually a bit sad after looking at your photos of the Wishes Dessert Party as I tried to get a table for September but it was all booked up by the time I found out it was available :sad2:

It looks soo good that I am hoping I will get a cancellation. Ugh at the Creme Brulee being curdled - am glad the rest of the desserts were fine.

Hi Karin :goodvibes

Great updates as always :thumbsup2

Argh, shame about your creme brulee ............. now if anyone knows what a creme brulee should taste like it's you :laughing:

Karin, great pictures of Wishes Dessert Party. Although I wouldn't book it everytime I went, my niece and nephews thought they had died and gone to heaven. Nothing like teenagers, they ate for the entire time and couldn't get enough. I liked the fact that tinkerbell flew right over us, but there are better places to watch Wishes from. I'm glad I did it once, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to do it again.

Shame about the Creme Brulee. Great update though and another one here who is sorely tempted by the Dessert Party - maybe on our next adults only trip.

Loving the Dessert Party update, those chocolate covered strawberries looked delicious :)

I had not heard of the Wishes Dessert Party. How do you get tickets? It looks wonderful and I saw some chocolat desserts! :)

I really want to go to a Wishes Dessert Party one day! It looks good. Sorry about the Creme Brulee, that's icky!

I am actually a bit sad after looking at your photos of the Wishes Dessert Party as I tried to get a table for September but it was all booked up by the time I found out it was available :sad2:

It looks soo good that I am hoping I will get a cancellation. Ugh at the Creme Brulee being curdled - am glad the rest of the desserts were fine.

If you really wanna try the party, keep calling them or try online. I guess around two days before would be your best bet, as this is a prepaid event and that IS the cancellation date.

Keep trying, it's worth it! :thumbsup2

Hi Karin :goodvibes

Great updates as always :thumbsup2

Argh, shame about your creme brulee ............. now if anyone knows what a creme brulee should taste like it's you :laughing:

Thank you, Linda!
They usually have quite nice Creme Brulee, but this one was horrible! :sick:

Karin, great pictures of Wishes Dessert Party. Although I wouldn't book it everytime I went, my niece and nephews thought they had died and gone to heaven. Nothing like teenagers, they ate for the entire time and couldn't get enough. I liked the fact that tinkerbell flew right over us, but there are better places to watch Wishes from. I'm glad I did it once, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to do it again.

We did it three times when it first started, but then we went with friends twice and one time on your own. Then one time last year, during our summer vacation, but we are skipping it this summer!
You are right, there are FAR better places to watch Wishes, but we like the "different" perspective the spot gives you and it's fun to see Tink flying overhead.
Plus the party of two has always scored us a table right up front! :thumbsup2

still tempted by the dessert party - might have made a decision by the time adrs comeout for October :goodvibes:

I think you can already make those ADRs! Have you tried calling? It's a fun event, worth trying! :goodvibes

Shame about the Creme Brulee. Great update though and another one here who is sorely tempted by the Dessert Party - maybe on our next adults only trip.

You should at least try it once. ;) The desserts are pretty good, and if the Creme Brulee is not curdled, it's pretty nice!

Loving the Dessert Party update, those chocolate covered strawberries looked delicious :)

There are lots of other yummy desserts apart from the chocolate covered strawberries. Go there hungry to have room to try most of them! :lmao:

I had not heard of the Wishes Dessert Party. How do you get tickets? It looks wonderful and I saw some chocolat desserts! :)

Teri, you have to try the Wishes Dessert Party! There is a description of it in the dining section of the Disney Homepage - it's the special events page. You can either use their website to reserve it or call (calling is better as their website often isn't updated and then all the reservations are gone, once they do) to make a reservation. It's around $40 (I think!!!!!!) per person and you have to pre-pay. Then the day of the party, an hour before the fireworks start you go to the Tomorrowland Terrace, get a wristband and are assigned a table. Usually tables for parties of two are up front. Then you have an hour to indulge in the desserts (there are drinks too, lemonade, coffee, tea) before the fireworks start. If you like sweet things, this is a fun way to watch Wishes!

I really want to go to a Wishes Dessert Party one day! It looks good. Sorry about the Creme Brulee, that's icky!

It's a fun event, especially if you LOVE sweet things. You should definitely try it one day, Abby!

Day 8, February 26

Grand Floridian Cafe

Our last day at Walt Disney World had begun. We had had a reservation at The Wave for breakfast, but we were late, so we cancelled that. Our next choice was Kona, so we drove to the Polynesian and walked up to Kona. Yes, they would take walkups, but it was about an hours wait. Thanks, but no thanks. We were tempted to walk down to Captain Cooks, but there was one more restaurant I had always wanted to try for breakfast, the Grand Floridian Cafe.
So we hopped onto the Monorail and went over to the Grand Floridian. A table for walk ups? Yes sure, please wait for about 5 to 10 minutes. :woohoo: we will be fed breakfast.

We were seated within 5 minutes and our server was on hand right away. We ordered our drinks.

IMG_0048.jpg

Tom had some coffee and a glass of water.

IMG_0047.jpg

I had some Earl Grey Tea.

IMG_0051.jpg

I found something on the menu, I wanted to try, the Seasonal Citrus Salad. Actually grapefruit wedges, orange wedges, scented with lemon juice and mint. I love citrus and this was right up my street. Very good, cool, not sweet, but very fragrant! :thumbsup2

IMG_0056.jpg

Tom ordered the Eggs Benedict - Two Poached Eggs on a Toasted English Muffin, Canadian Bacon, and Hollandaise Sauce served with Asparagus. Perfectly cooked poached eggs, with a warm yolk covering the muffin when cut into and loads of asparagus. He loved it!

But I guess I hit the jackpot that day!

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

Lobster Eggs Benedict - Two Poached Eggs, Lobster Bread Pudding, Asparagus, and Hollandaise Sauce. Where do I begin ........ Well, there were two perfectly poached eggs, which oozed warm yolk all over the breadpudding and mixed with the hollandaise sauce. The lobster bread pudding was soft and chewy at the same time, there were quite a few chunks of lobster and it all blended together heavenly! Can't wait to order this particular dish again!

And after that heavenly breakfast we were ready to tackle the Magic Kingdom.

Next up: Karamell Kuche

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter