The Magic, the Memories and the Food! February11 Update July 23 WPuck's Express

I am hoping for a Free trip to Universal next year and of cause being the Disser that we all are:rotfl2:!!I have checked out all the menus and guess what is top of the list at City Walk !!BUBBA"S!!!!:banana::banana: I LOVE:love:Shrimp and they also have hamburgers so it is a safe choice !!!:rotfl2:Some of them may like seafood but I always check there is a Hamburger listed :lmao::lmao:

Bubba Gump sounds so good!! We would fight over either of those meals in my family. Next time stop over by Cinnabon! We have one at every mall near me, and in some rest stow along the highway. Not sure if it's true, but supposedly they put one stick of butter in each large bun! And yes I can eat a large bun.... They are so good, but bad for you. We may stop at one only once or twice a year.

We just love to dine at Bubba Gump's! Thankfully we go "often", well, as often as we can squeeze it in during a short visit to the US.
And we DID stop at Cinnabon!!!!!! :rotfl2: Actually those babies are sooooo good, I do not care HOW much butter they put in! ;)

yay Bubba Gumps :cool1:
I like the extra details about the signs-think all restaurants should have something similar. I usually pick what I want but my husband, is so slow-we usually have to keep telling them to come back.
Its also nice to see something different, the Drunken shrimp looks yummy. :goodvibes
I dont blame you for odering your favourite. Im the same when I go to TGI's, I always order the shrimp. I dont want to order something different and then be disappointed.

great reviews, keep up the fab work.
Not long until your next holiday, have a great time.xx:wizard:

I agree with you on the signs - we really enjoy them! And once you have turned the signs they are so quick to stop by your table.
Tom far more likes to taste other dishes, but once I have a real favourite I stick to it. I guess it would be different if we had one here and I could go there whenever I wanted, but since we only get to go to Bubba's once or twice a year I NEED to order the coconut shrimp! ;)
I cannot believe how fast our next vacation is coming up ..... only 1 more month! How long until yours?

Great update Karin! Tom's dish looks so good, that I could go for it right now. We have eaten at Bubba Gump's before, at the Mall of America in Minneapolis, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Would love to try it again as I would order what Tom did.

And I must comment on Starring Rolls, WOW! Those cupcakes and sandwiches always look so good. We would definitely have to share since they look so big. Can't wait till we are there in October. :)

Thank you! The Drunken Shrimp that Tom had were new on the menu and he really enjoyed them.

As for Starring Rolls, their sandwiches are really good! We have had several over the years and not a bad one in there. And the same goes for the cupcakes, just make sure you share as these things are HUGE!!!! :thumbsup2

:wave: Hi! Great update. Bubba Gump's sounds fun.

You need to try Bubba's one of these days! You know there's one in NYC? I think it is somewhere on Times Square! Lucky girl! :lmao:

Great review of Bubba Gump's! :thumbsup2

It sounds like so much fun!

It is a real fun restaurant with lots of good food! You need to hop over to UO some time in the future and give it a try! :thumbsup2

We loved Bubba Gump's in Maui and we are staying one night at Universal on our next Disney trip and I already informed everyone that's where we are going! :goodvibes
thanks for the review :thumbsup2

Yay for a great dining choice, bot in Maui and UO! :thumbsup2 :laughing: Maui ......... hm, I think that would be another interesting destination to go to on vacation! ;)

Bubba Gumps looks good...I love coconut shimp! But I don't usually venture in to 'enemy territory' (Universal). :rotfl:

You would LOVE those coconut shrimp! They are sooooooooo good! :cloud9: Oh, and since Mickey owns the Marvel characters now I no longer consider UO enemy territory! :rotfl2: But then I enjoy Mickey's version of a fun park far more!

I haven't tried the Mickey Head cake from BWB but did get the lovely one you guys sent us last year which was yummy.

Yummy Bubba Gump dinner, looks soooo good!

You haven't head a Mickey Head cake?????? You have to, Stefy, they are SO good!!!!!!!!!
I really hope you get to try Bubba Gump food soon! :thumbsup2

Bubba Gumps is another place I hope to get to someday. I always hear such good things about it.

Hm, I guess as a TA you need to eat there for research purposes! :lmao: It really is a fun place to eat at and the food is yummy! :thumbsup2

We had cocktails at Gump's last trip and I was wondering what the Run Forrest Run signs were all about!:laughing: We have one here in NOLA and we have never been there!

Kat, I am sure you would enjoy eating at Bubba Gump's. You better check it out soon! ;)
And I can so understand that you wondered about the signs, but once you figured out what they are for, it is real fun to use them! :thumbsup2

I am hoping for a Free trip to Universal next year and of cause being the Disser that we all are:rotfl2:!!I have checked out all the menus and guess what is top of the list at City Walk !!BUBBA"S!!!!:banana::banana: I LOVE:love:Shrimp and they also have hamburgers so it is a safe choice !!!:rotfl2:Some of them may like seafood but I always check there is a Hamburger listed :lmao::lmao:

If you get your free UO trip you need to try Bubba Gump - and they are very accommodating and fun. I guess your "group" would have a lot of fun!
And yes, they have burgers too ....... and a fun stack of Onion Rings! :thumbsup2

No Bubba Gump's near me, so will have to wait until October & try it in Gatlinburg,Tn.

Just put it on your "to do" list for October! You won't be disappointed. :goodvibes

I love, love, love the logic of Mickey owning Marvel Comics :thumbsup2 I instantly don't feel guilty about our 1 night stay there :lmao:

And if you ever get the chance to vacation in Maui take it! :woohoo: it is an absolute piece of heaven on earth :lovestruc

Day 6, February 24

Cinnabon

After we had finished our wonderful lunch at Bubba Gump's we did a little shopping before we tried another place we had always just walked past.

IMG_9930.jpg

Cinnabon! :goodvibes I had seen reviews about it here and we needed to try for ourselves.
We were the only customers at that time and I had a hard time deciding what we wanted. So for starters we ordered the Cinnabon Sticks, which if I remember correctly are puff pastry sticks dusted with cinnamon and powdered sugar.
Unfortunately we did not try them right away and after taking a bite two days later we threw them out as they were stale.

But we ordered something else, something I am dying to have again!

IMG_9929.jpg

The center of the roll! The best part of their Classic Roll - the ooey, gooey middle! These bite-sized pieces are topped with their signature cream cheese frosting.
Oh my god, these bites were served warm and the frosting was just oozing all over it. Heaven, cinnamon heaven!

Once we had finished shopping we went to the outlet malls to do more shopping and then relaxed in our room for a while.
While watching some TV we decided to do some snacking!

IMG_9936.jpg

But that was not all we ate that night. ;)

Next up: Earl of Sandwich

Cinnabon! Everytime we are at the mall I find it impossible to pass that store without buying one. I always get the Pecanbon and split it with the kids, well I let them each have a bite at least. lol

I love, love, love the logic of Mickey owning Marvel Comics :thumbsup2 I instantly don't feel guilty about our 1 night stay there :lmao:

And if you ever get the chance to vacation in Maui take it! :woohoo: it is an absolute piece of heaven on earth :lovestruc

Yes, I am very good at inventing excuses if it lets me visit my favourite eateries without cheating on Mickey! :rotfl2:

I would love to visit the Hawaiian islands. I guess when we tour the west coast again we will need to set a week aside for visiting there! Thanks for the :thumbsup2

Cinnabon! Everytime we are at the mall I find it impossible to pass that store without buying one. I always get the Pecanbon and split it with the kids, well I let them each have a bite at least. lol

I don't know why we never followed the smell and just walked in to Cinnabon. :confused3 But I guess NO more walking by for us! ;)

How sad, we don't have kids to share the goodies with. We need to eat everything ourselves :laughing: and it shows!!!!!! :lmao:

You're killing me! Would you believe that I work at the Mall of America which has both Bubba Gump's and Cinnabon and I have never eaten at Bubba Gump's and up until two days ago, I'd never tried a Center of the Roll?? Well, I guess because I don't eat seafood I can be excused for not eating at BG but I've heard that they have other fantastic dishes that aren't seafood. But how have I been missing the Center of the Roll?:confused3 It was so stinkin' good!! I sit at my desk all day and use my lunch hour to read dining reviews - thank goodness I bring my own lunch most days or I'd weigh a lot more than I do. I think I might need to take a break right now and just walk past Cinnabon to take in the sights...:rolleyes1

Love, love, love Cinnabon - the Cinnabon Sticks are delicious but they really do need to be eaten fresh. We have bought a pack of 10 to take back to the room before, though, and just stuck them in the microwave for a few seconds the next day and they are lovely. Have only had one cinnamon roll from there and had to share with DH, they are HUGE!

Every time I read one of your Bubba Gump reviews, I tell Mark we have to go there. I am determined when baseball season is over that we are going to the one downtown Chicago in August!

Oooh Karin - I love Cinnabon :love:

:thumbsup2

Ooh at the way you describe that classic roll - it sounds heavenly! :cloud9:

It was really sooooooooo good! If you get a chance to try it, please do! :thumbsup2

You're killing me! Would you believe that I work at the Mall of America which has both Bubba Gump's and Cinnabon and I have never eaten at Bubba Gump's and up until two days ago, I'd never tried a Center of the Roll?? Well, I guess because I don't eat seafood I can be excused for not eating at BG but I've heard that they have other fantastic dishes that aren't seafood. But how have I been missing the Center of the Roll?:confused3 It was so stinkin' good!! I sit at my desk all day and use my lunch hour to read dining reviews - thank goodness I bring my own lunch most days or I'd weigh a lot more than I do. I think I might need to take a break right now and just walk past Cinnabon to take in the sights...:rolleyes1

Bubba Gump does offer some meat dishes too and their desserts are out of this world, if this would be an incentive of going! ;) :laughing:
Glad you tried the center of the roll - I only found out yesterday, while writing my review, that there is a Cinnabon in Vienna (about 180miles from where I live). I already asked Tom if he could imagine a trip to Vienna in the near future! :rotfl2:
Oh, and BTW, did you take a break yesterday to walk past Cinnabon? :rotfl2:

Love, love, love Cinnabon - the Cinnabon Sticks are delicious but they really do need to be eaten fresh. We have bought a pack of 10 to take back to the room before, though, and just stuck them in the microwave for a few seconds the next day and they are lovely. Have only had one cinnamon roll from there and had to share with DH, they are HUGE!

I read about Cinnabon in a trip report ......... and I am pretty sure it was yours! :goodvibes :laughing:
Thanks for the tip of warming up the Cinnabon Sticks. I never thought of that, even though we always stick day old Krispy Kreme in the microwave. :thumbsup2

Yum...Cinnabon. Those treats sound delicious. :thumbsup2 I love anything cinnamon, it seems. ;)

You really need to try them, Tina! They are SO good! :thumbsup2

Every time I read one of your Bubba Gump reviews, I tell Mark we have to go there. I am determined when baseball season is over that we are going to the one downtown Chicago in August!

I really hope Mark listens and you can fit in a visit to Bubba Gump's. :thumbsup2 What about following it up with a visit to Cinnabon's! :rotfl2:

Day 6, February 24

Earl of Sandwich

Later that night we went to Downtown Disney to pick up a few Dooney and Burke bags I had set my heart on and then we decided to pick up even more food to take back to the room.

First stop was The Earl Of Sandwich.

IMG_9946.JPG

IMG_9948.jpg

We picked up The Earl's Club - roast turkey, smoked bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce and tomato. It was still warm and yummy when we got back to the resort. Wonderful sandwich for a very reasonable price!

Next up: Wolfgang Puck's Express

Day 6, February 24

Wolfgang Puck's Express

Now that we had picked up a reasonably priced sandwich we were on our way to pick up one that was a bit more expensive ........

at Wolfgang Puck's Express.

IMG_9949.jpg

IMG_9952.jpg

We ordered a Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwich - romaine and plum tomatoes, with a side of house made chips. We just love that sandwich, it is so good, lots of crisp romain and flavourful tomatoes and lots of moist, yummy chicken. The chips were cold, but they were still very crisp and nice.

Next up: Maya Grill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter