The hunt for a Covid 19 3rd Booster shot

Bumping up this note for the new page -

**Today Ontario GTA Humber River Hospital clinic at Weston/401, low lines - looking for people to get any of their shots.**

When are they going to let the under 18 s get the booster?
Hasn't been approved by Health Canada yet to give the booster to under 18's. I know in the US the FDA now says 12+ can get the booster but not a peep out Health Canada yet.

Don't we have a Pfizer shortage (for another month or two I think)? I suspect it will be awhile before the under 18s can get a booster because of that. Though wasn't Moderna also approved to 12? I can't remember, I was just so glad to get the doses started for kiddo before school started.

If my 17.5 yer old can’t get a booster before March break, I’m taking him to the US to get it done. This is just ridiculous.

My husband booked for January 18. Got mine December 11 because of my work.

Costco in Burlington has tons of Moderna openings starting on Monday.

Don't we have a Pfizer shortage (for another month or two I think)? I suspect it will be awhile before the under 18s can get a booster because of that. Though wasn't Moderna also approved to 12? I can't remember, I was just so glad to get the doses started for kiddo before school started.
Moderna is not recommended (now) for those under the age of 30. You can still get one if you really want if you give informed consent.

I had mine mid December and my husband just got his a couple days ago. It was so difficult to get one for a while here - some of my friends waited hours in line. This week there seems to finally be some availability for appointments.

My kids will get their 2nd in a couple weeks. Really looking forward to that and hopefully a 2022 trip =)

Just wanted to update that DH and I are now boosted, both with Moderna (so we are both Az/MD/MD). Sore arms and a feeling of 'hung over' being the side effects we've both been feeling :rotfl2: So now my family is almost there, just our 11yr old needs her second dose. BC is NOT allowing them earlier than 8 weeks and she hits 8 weeks on Friday so there better be an invite in my email/text that morning otherwise......I'm gonna be making a lovely phone call :rolleyes:

I got my booster (4th dose; I am immunocompromised so my primary series is 3 doses not the normal 2) on Friday. Moderna, so I am now AZ/P/P/M.

I got it done at my normal pharmacy, but the city clinics are all taking walk-ins. At my pharmacy, they said they are having a hard time filling slots - lots of people refuse when they find out it is Moderna; it makes me wonder if the city clinics are having a similar issue "selling" Moderna and that is why they have so much walk-in availability.

This go-round had much less side effects than the previous 3 [and each of those was less than the previous].

Good luck for those still looking for/needing their boosters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter