The Godfather's Live Trip Report, photopass added post #442

Arrived home safely yes, just trying to stay awake another hour before bed. Work at 3:30am. Hope I feel upto finishing the TR in next couple of days.:goodvibes

Glad you all got home safe and well.

Poor you having to get up that early tomorrow. Hope the jet lag isnt too bad. Lots of orange juice for the next few days then:thumbsup2

Caught up on the end of your trippie - many congrats to Matt on his AS results, fab looking food at GF Cafe, and the cruise looks fab - it's just a shame that DH has sworn never to go on a boat with me again :confused3 - seasickness is a terrible thing.

Glad you're home safe & sound.

Loved your live TR - makes me feel like I'm almost there!

Thanks Wayne for letting us tag along too. I have loved reading your about your trip :surfweb:

Hope work has gone OK and you managed to get up at 3.30am without feeling too bad :sad2:

Hi there, probably a daft question but do you need a reservation to eat at the GF cafe? Or can you just get out at the monorail station and pitch up? Just looking for a few different places to visit....

Thank you! :goodvibes

Welcome home Wayne, I've just caught up with everything, as we were away on our first Disney Cruise in the Med. Loved it and can't wait to cruise again.

Love the pics of the food, you've given me some new places to try next year when we are back at the Yacht Club.

Congrats to Matt too on his wonderful blog and his fab results, you both must be so proud.

Caught up on the end of your trippie - many congrats to Matt on his AS results, fab looking food at GF Cafe, and the cruise looks fab - it's just a shame that DH has sworn never to go on a boat with me again :confused3 - seasickness is a terrible thing.
Shame you suffer with Seasickness, was it just the once or have you tried again?
I thought I had seasickness on our 1st RCCL cruise but since been back on the same boat and other boats no problem so I assume it was a bug I had rather than seasickness.

Hi there, probably a daft question but do you need a reservation to eat at the GF cafe? Or can you just get out at the monorail station and pitch up? Just looking for a few different places to visit....

Thank you! :goodvibes
I would always suggest trying to book at any Disney restaurant if possible, even if its just 3-4 hours in advance, call at any guest services and they will book for you, saves hanging around for a table or being disappointed.
having eaten here twice before we were not doing it this year but we made a last minute change from Liberty Tree Tavern, glad we did as it was probably our best meal of the holiday.

Welcome home Wayne, I've just caught up with everything, as we were away on our first Disney Cruise in the Med. Loved it and can't wait to cruise again.

Love the pics of the food, you've given me some new places to try next year when we are back at the Yacht Club.

Congrats to Matt too on his wonderful blog and his fab results, you both must be so proud.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise, just looked at prices for next August and they are double this years prices so we won't be cruising DCL in the near future.

Back to our 1st night on the cruise, after the show we had a drink then back to the room and ordered room service at midnight, arrived 12:30am, well its a while since our meal, started to get a little hungry:rotfl2:
P1080870Medium.jpg

P1080872Medium.jpg

P1080873Medium.jpg

P1080871Medium.jpg

Towel animal & chocs when we returned to our cabin
IMG_4143Medium.jpg

Our cabin door decorated.
P1080887Medium.jpg

Next day was in Nassau, started with breakfast while watching the rain but it soon cleared up. Got off the ship in the afternoon to goto Senor Frogs, hoped to get free Wifi as they have in other ports but not this one, still a good couple of hours there with a few drinks.

P1080923Medium.jpg

Craig got up on the table to dance :rotfl:
IMG_4084Medium.jpg

Nigel & Martin
IMG_4083Medium.jpg

Matt not quite as tall as the frog.
IMG_4096Medium.jpg

P1080898Medium.jpg

On the way thru immigration we managed to get a free Wifi connection, anyone would think we had no connection for a month. :lmao:
P1080947Medium.jpg

Run out of time again, next post will be the evening meal in the Enchanted Garden.

just catching up on r report
what a brill holiday u all had
thanks for the live updates and all the great photos
any more of OKW we are going there for a week in Nov any tips

welcome home

let the planning begin again

just catching up on r report
what a brill holiday u all had
thanks for the live updates and all the great photos
any more of OKW we are going there for a week in Nov any tips

welcome home

let the planning begin again

Don't think we took many of the resort, will check tomorrow.

Ask if there is anything specific you want to know, personally I would not request any area, this year as there were 4 families we all asked to be close together around Millers Road pool (where we were last year) but if we were going alone I wouldn't be too fussed where we were. The best views we have had were probably the 1st year from building 55 overlooking the waterway.

Enchanted Garden meal
Dizzy trying out a new cocktail
IMG_4105Medium.jpg

P1080974Medium.jpg

P1080975Medium.jpg

P1080976Medium.jpg

P1080977Medium.jpg

P1080978Medium.jpg

P1080979Medium.jpg

P1080980Medium.jpg

P1080985Medium.jpg

P1080986Medium.jpg

P1080988Medium.jpg

Fountain in the centre of the restaurant
IMG_4110Medium.jpg

Show this evening was Villain's tonight, must be worst show I have ever seen at sea. Possibly due to it being aimed at the American market, most jokes I did not get, related to US politicians, US TV plus it included characters we did not know.
IMG_4141Medium.jpg

After the show we tried to find somewhere for a drink and relax, realised unless your are 18+ or want loud entertainment there is nowhere on the Disney Dream. Ended up going to play mini golf, seriously by the looks of this pic.:goodvibes
P1090039Medium.jpg

Castaway Cay next.

I am hoping there is a mistake on the DCL website. Last week a 4 night cruise for 3 of us net August showed prices around £1200, now seems to be 3 times the price. Also, inside cabins were available for all cruises in August, now its saying there are none. Do you think this is right?

I am hoping there is a mistake on the DCL website. Last week a 4 night cruise for 3 of us net August showed prices around £1200, now seems to be 3 times the price. Also, inside cabins were available for all cruises in August, now its saying there are none. Do you think this is right?

I wish they were mistakes but I fear not.
Inside cabins come and go, if its the new ships you are looking at they are limited availabilty, more outside cabins on them. One of the cruises I priced up was cheaper in an outside than inside, the virtual porthole is creating demand for inside.
We won't be paying August prices for cruising next year, far too high for me.

In the med version the Villan's show, a lot of the jokes were for us Brits. I loved that show, but my fav one was on the second to last night. I think it was called Dreams. It wasn't until I saw the show that I felt I was on a Disney Ship and felt the Disney Magic. All week I had been saying something was missing and I couldn't put my finger on it, so to speak.

I agree the prices are crazy for 2012. Have a dummy booking on hold for 2013:thumbsup2

We won't be paying August prices for cruising next year, far too high for me.

I priced up Disney for 2012 back in May 2010 and even then they were crazy prices. That's why we decided to book with RCL instead as 1) we got a good deal and 2) we got 7 days for less than what Disney were wanting to charge for 4.

It's a shame because otherwise I feel Brits won't get to sample the DCL as we just won't be able to justify spending that kind of money when it costs us a small fortune just to get over to the States in the first place :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter