The Godfather's Live Trip Report, photopass added post #442

Hi Wayne, Karen and Matt

Watching you go on the ship out of the port right now. The ship left early, it hasnt done that for weeks. Bon voyage. Have a great few days:thumbsup2

The camera panned in but didnt see you waving:rotfl2:

How do you do that? Are u over there at the mo?

waynesship.jpg

Here you are as you passed the twopalms webcam Wayne, have a fab time ::yes::

How do you do that? Are u over there at the mo?

There are a couple of great webcams Alyson. You can see her at the port on the Fishlips webcam or as she passes by at Cocoa Beach on the Two Palms webcam

hAVE a great Time hope the naughty weather stays away from you... well and us too we land in Orlando on Wednesday afternoon... Might be a close call....

hi Wayne!!! how fun to meet you, Karen and Matt the other day!!!!

by the way, the tall guy is my husband, the tall blonde is my daughter and the short dark guy is my son-in-law.....
and the tall guy with the beard is my son, and the very very very very short girl is my daughter in law...

and of course, me, the nutty person running around looking for my family at toy story mania - acting appropriately manic! :eek:

i hope you're having a grand time on your cruise!!!

Just been to Senor Frogs, Bahamas. free wifi at the immigration to get back to the ship so a very quick post.
New ship is fantastic, 4 days nowhere near enough to see it all.
Have board now, post again in a few days.

Hi, We are just back (3 weeks ago but seems like years) and did the new Star Tours A LOT. The verdict was a big hit. There are apparently 54 different versions of the ride and you stand a chance of being the "spy" aboard the ship and as such being the target for "Vader" and his forces. The resulting 3D getaway through varying "scapes" and situations is great fun. DS said his experience was lessened when sat in the front row at the side although I didn't see much difference. I personally felt more queasy when sat at the back row in the corner though although I am very prone to motion sensitivity it has to be said. We found that if you visit the ride early in the morning you can ride twice without much of a queue (often walk on) but it gets much busier as the day goes on.

I'm sure you'll love it.

Thank you so much. :thumbsup2
Can you somehow influence or even choose which ride you will get or do you only know once you are seated and the ride has started?

Thank you so much. :thumbsup2
Can you somehow influence or even choose which ride you will get or do you only know once you are seated and the ride has started?

"fraid there's no choice - even if there was, you wouldn't be able to guarantee which ride you might experience. Rides seem completely random. Even after you have begun the ride you can't tell where you will finish - which of course makes every time different (in theory). Enjoy!

i hope the hurricane isn't affecting your cruise and that you make it into CC!!

2 things it affected, they cancelled our Parasailing at Castaway Cay, not sure why as it was a perfect day, I believe it was something to do with the company who provides the service and getting to the island. Other thing was we docked back in PC last night around midnight instead of early this morning, I think they wanted to get back into port ASAP.
Just checked in and unpacked at Holiday Inn DTD, glad room was available at 10am when we arrived.
Had a great cruise, some things on the new ship are far better than the old ships but then other things were nowhere near as good, can't believe there is nowhere for a family to sit and have a drink on an evening without flashing lights or Karaoke bashing your eardrums. We love to sit in the Promonade lounge (Magic\Wonder) or Schooner bar (Royal Caribbean) and have a few quiet drinks. On the Dream it was as if Disney wanted to split families, plenty of choice for adult(18+) plenty for kids, we found after the evening show our only option was a walk around & a game of minigolf, oh well saved on the drinks bill(about $50, mostly with meals)
Will post more later.

2 things it affected, they cancelled our Parasailing at Castaway Cay, not sure why as it was a perfect day, I believe it was something to do with the company who provides the service and getting to the island. Other thing was we docked back in PC last night around midnight instead of early this morning, I think they wanted to get back into port ASAP.
Just checked in and unpacked at Holiday Inn DTD, glad room was available at 10am when we arrived.
Had a great cruise, some things on the new ship are far better than the old ships but then other things were nowhere near as good, can't believe there is nowhere for a family to sit and have a drink on an evening without flashing lights or Karaoke bashing your eardrums. We love to sit in the Promonade lounge (Magic\Wonder) or Schooner bar (Royal Caribbean) and have a few quiet drinks. On the Dream it was as if Disney wanted to split families, plenty of choice for adult(18+) plenty for kids, we found after the evening show our only option was a walk around & a game of minigolf, oh well saved on the drinks bill(about $50, mostly with meals)
Will post more later.

Saw the boat this morning at 1.00 a.m. your time so realised it was there because of the weather. Cant wait to hear more about your experience on the boat.

What time did you get off this morning?

Hi Wayne, glad I met you in the ABC commisary, but so sorry we already had commiments for the Dis meet, on a downer at the mo as was straghit back to work on nights the day we landed back, jut looking through our photo`s on the PC, glad your all having a great time still with your family and god daughter, now the planning begins again for us but will be at least 2013 for our next visit unfortunately. enjoy the rest of your stay.

can't believe there is nowhere for a family to sit and have a drink on an evening without flashing lights or Karaoke bashing your eardrums. We love to sit in the Promonade lounge (Magic\Wonder) or Schooner bar (Royal Caribbean) and have a few quiet drinks. On the Dream it was as if Disney wanted to split families, plenty of choice for adult(18+) plenty for kids, we found after the evening show our only option was a walk around & a game of minigolf, oh well saved on the drinks bill(about $50, mostly with meals)
Will post more later.

Hi Wayne!
Looking forward to hearing your thought on the new ship.
Did Bon Voyage not replace Promenades? Or rather something along those lines?

Hi Wayne!
Looking forward to hearing your thought on the new ship.
Did Bon Voyage not replace Promenades? Or rather something along those lines?

Thats what we were hoping but Bon Voyage was just a bar with a row of high bar stools, no seating. The 1st night we went straight to Bon Voyage after the show and a little look around and it closed at 10:30pm. We found very odd timings for many things, Tow Maters for burgers etc we only saw open once. Only option for a late night snack was Pizza or room service, for a ship with almost 4,000 guests I expected more open later.

Thats a real shame! So no seating other than stools?? Doesn't really compare to the Promenade Lounge at all does it? :rolleyes: At least tell me they had chips and salsa? :upsidedow

Yeah that does sound odd about timings and things that are open. Do you think they are still working out the kinks or ????

Overall did you like the Dream?

Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on the difference's between the new and old ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter