The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made my ADR for Victoria and Albert's back when you still could in MDE. It's now 6 days away and it seems like I should have received an email from them by now. It's an anniversary celebration and I would like to have that at least noted. Should I call them? It's been some years since I last dined there and I remember they called me but not how many days in advance it was.

They actually called this afternoon and after some phone tag (kept missing each other) everything was confirmed. :-) We don't have any food or allergy restrictions so my only think was the 20th anniversary. So yay all good!

Our reservation is coming up quickly...13 more days!! I have my confirmation number and everything is linked but will someone be calling me before we go? I thought we needed a credit card guarantee but haven't provided that yet. Very excited to be dining here for our 30th anniversary!!

We are bringing our menu from 2000 to have signed at the Chef's table. We enjoy these meals so very much! The kitchen staff is amazing, the Chefs are amazing and our wonderful wine man Israel is amazing! so go, eat, Laugh and have a wonderful time to all of you!

Our reservation is coming up quickly...13 more days!! I have my confirmation number and everything is linked but will someone be calling me before we go? I thought we needed a credit card guarantee but haven't provided that yet. Very excited to be dining here for our 30th anniversary!!
Happy Anniversary! this is our 35th....you should be hearing from them soon I would imagine. We are leaving in 4 days! have a wonderful anniversary dinner!

Wonderful posts by those good folks going to V&A's soon are getting us psyched for our next visit there later this month.

All the best! :thumbsup2

We currently have a reservation for the Queen Victoria's Room in December, however we're the first on the wait-list for a chef's table opening the same night.
Could I get some opinions on what YOU personally would choose, and why, if the choice presents itself?

We currently have a reservation for the Queen Victoria's Room in December, however we're the first on the wait-list for a chef's table opening the same night.
Could I get some opinions on what YOU personally would choose, and why, if the choice presents itself?

V&A dining experience #15 is coming up for us later this month. We have dined in the Main Dining Room and The QV Room (and the QV Room before it was the QV room!) but prefer the Main Dining Room, especially since the QV Room menu is supposedly available in both rooms now. And the harpist is positioned in the Main Dining Room. Both dining rooms are unique, but the semi-privacy of the QV Room can be distorted if nearby guests become too chatty. We have a preferred table in the Main Dining Room that offers us a bit more privacy without being isolated from the rest of the room. The Chef's Table? With all due respect, it's not for us. We've toured the area and do not enjoy its brightness, kitchen "noise" and industrial informality. Still, some folks rave about the Chef's Table...and we understand: to see the makings of an incredible menu from the "inside" offers foodies a memorable evening.

Enjoy V&A's!

All the best! :thumbsup2

Happy Anniversary! this is our 35th....you should be hearing from them soon I would imagine. We are leaving in 4 days! have a wonderful anniversary dinner!

Thank you....Happy Anniversary to you also!!

We last ate at V&A in 2013 in the Queen Victoria room after many times in the main room. Our personal servers, V and A, were fabulous and the courses - we could barely finish. We've also done chef's tables at other restaurants but not here. I think you need to answer are you there for the food and gastronomic secrets or do you wish to share an intimate, pampered dinner with your companion. I think if you answer that question, you can then choose your experience.

We've also eaten in all of the rooms and still prefer the experience of sitting at the Chef's table! we enjoy watching each person go about their jobs and who does what...the head Chef comes out and talks to you about your food preferances and allergies before they get started. You can ask questions if you wish and just sit back and enjoy the whole experience. You must try it at least once if you can!

I like the Chef's Table for two reasons: privacy and interaction. Those seem at odds but they're two different things. I enjoy being away at out own table, away from other guests. It's just a personal preference and if I can help it I like to feel secluded and private. However, I enjoy having the staff nearby and being able to interact more casually with the staff. The last time I was at the table, I struck up a conversation with a sous chef who was preparing some veggies and another who was grilling a large number of steaks, and we got to talk about what was being made, how they interacted with other staff, and I got to sample a few pieces of dishes that weren't on my menu.

Got my call yesterday morning from V&A about reservation next Monday evening. They confirmed that I am doing the 10 course menu and asked for any allergies or dislikes. Can't wait!

Jill in CO

Done the Queen Victoria room twice and the chef's table once. Totally different experiences. The QV is very quiet and formal. There are only 4 tables in the room and they stagger the seating of parties about 30 minutes apart. The second time we ate there the door was open to the main dining room so the harp helps, but you really hear everything the other tables are saying. Its like being invited to a dinner party with 3 other couples you havent met. Once it was fine, the other tables were very nice and we chatted a bit between courses. The second time it was uncomfortable.

Chef's table is right in the kitchen. It's noisy and fun. Not an intimate or romantic dinner at all. The chef's come out with each course and talk with you and I think even the service is a bit laid back. Then again, we have had the same team on our last 3 trips and they are just wonderful.

The food is fabulous either way - pick which appeals more to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter