The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joining this thread because we are doing V&A Chef's Table for our next trip! My travel agent called and left a message for our reservation and the confirmation email explicitly says it won't link to MDE nor did it include a reservation number, but to hold on to the email for my records. I'm not sure if maybe the lack of a number is due to Chef's Table? I know they only have one per day so I suppose the date is enough.

I'm actually happy it doesn't show up on MDE because as of now, I'm the only person that knows about it, it is for March 10th and for my DGF and I, a surprise for her. This is out first trip to WDW together (and her first in a very long time!) and she loves fine dining, and being right by the kitchen will be a dream for her. I still have to figure out how to convince her to bring along a fine dining outfit without giving away the surprise...

I'm glad the wine pairings don't seem to be obligated any longer, I will be driving us back to POR that evening and she suffers from acute migraines if she has even the slightest bit of wine, so it holds absolutely zero value for us.

Adam

Joining this thread because we are doing V&A Chef's Table for our next trip! My travel agent called and left a message for our reservation and the confirmation email explicitly says it won't link to MDE nor did it include a reservation number, but to hold on to the email for my records.
Just a heads up since it's a surprise for your girlfriend -- I got that same email and was told the same thing, but my reservation recently appeared in MDE anyway without me doing anything. I hope you have a great time!

Just a heads up since it's a surprise for your girlfriend -- I got that same email and was told the same thing, but my reservation recently appeared in MDE anyway without me doing anything. I hope you have a great time!

Well that's annoying, I'll have to check with my TA to see if they have the necessary information to link it. I specifically used a separate email and everything so she wouldn't stumble across it!

I might have to surprise her earlier just to be safe. I might make a thread asking for suggestions.

Adam

Well that's annoying, I'll have to check with my TA to see if they have the necessary information to link it. I specifically used a separate email and everything so she wouldn't stumble across it!

I might have to surprise her earlier just to be safe. I might make a thread asking for suggestions.

Adam
Yeah, I don't know if your situation is different due to going through a TA or using a different email, etc. (But if they have your resort reservation info, I assume it might link.) I just wanted to let you know because I wasn't expecting to see mine in MDE... then there it was!

Dined at V&A for the first time last Friday night and WOW! I'm actually glad they weren't offering the 10-course in the main dining room because we were stuffed (and drunk). We arrived at the Polynesian around 2:30pm, had some pork nachos at Capt. Cooks then did some souvenir shopping before heading over to Trader Sam's. After 4 rounds of drinks, we decided it was time to get ready for our 9pm ADR. Now, we had originally planned on splitting the wine pairing, but since my wife and I went with different items for every course, we decided against it and just got our own (probably the rum whispering even though most of it had worn off by then). My wife is not into real fine dining, but she loved everything including the bison amuse bouche. I loved the duck but wished I had opted to get the Kobe-style beef instead of the lamb, and I could've eaten a whole plate of the Gorgonzola picante. Dessert was also good but we couldn't even finish half of it. Still, no regrets. We look forward to coming back for an anniversary and trying to grab the CT or QVR
So glad you enjoyed it!:Dwe love it ALWAYS and if you can swing the $$$$ it's the BEST!:worship::worship:

Yeah, I don't know if your situation is different due to going through a TA or using a different email, etc. (But if they have your resort reservation info, I assume it might link.) I just wanted to let you know because I wasn't expecting to see mine in MDE... then there it was!

I'll keep an eye out, thanks! Fortunately she doesn't tend to look at the app, I might sneak her phone and log her out, that might buy me some time if she goes to check it! Surprises are fun... :)

Adam

We dined in the QVR last Tuesday and it was absolutely amazing! We're both vegetarians and the vegetarian menu was incredible. Our favorite was the poached egg dish which we have talked about every day since. But seriously, every dish was incredible. We both did the wine pairings and they are generous pours so we were feeling it a bit by the time dinner was over. I also had some port with dessert. The desserts were amazing too. Our waitress was really friendly and told some great stories. She knew I am a huge little mermaid fan so she requested the harp player play a song from the movie for me. Overall the night was perfect. I was so glad we were staying at the GF though because I don't think I could have made it any further than the next building over after dinner. We had plans to go into MK for some nice pics, but we ate and drank too much and just needed to sit down even more! We will definitely dine there again!

sorry if already mentioned but can someone explain those weird wine "glasses" that look like sand timers to this lower middle class girl lol

I just spoke with the hostess, she said they abandoned that plan. She said, "...as of October 1st, it was going to be mandatory as part of a Food and Wine celebration, but after a lot of guest feedback, we've decided against the original idea. It will remain optional, although highly recommended."

I'm happy to hear it, I planned on getting the wine pairing, but if my girlfriend had been forced to get one either I or her would have been stumbling out of the Grand Floridian lol, no way I'd throw it away if forced to pay :) Just would have stretched the courses out further lol

If this is true, while I'm glad to hear it, I'm also a little bit peeved. We passed on a QVR reservation in favour of the main dining room because of the mandatory wine pairing (I don't drink). If the pairing is no longer mandatory, there's probably no way I can get a reservation for the QVR in January this late. =(

If this is true, while I'm glad to hear it, I'm also a little bit peeved. We passed on a QVR reservation in favour of the main dining room because of the mandatory wine pairing (I don't drink). If the pairing is no longer mandatory, there's probably no way I can get a reservation for the QVR in January this late. =(

It's 100% accurate, spoke with two different staff members from the restaurant on different days to be sure.
I'm just hoping someone cancels their 12/21/15 Chef's Table ADR :(

It's 100% accurate, spoke with two different staff members from the restaurant on different days to be sure.

Thank you. Just to reaffirm this, I called the other day to check (before I read your message) and was told the same thing by the staff at the restaurant. I'm glad for future bookings that the wine pairing is no longer mandatory, but sure enough, QVR was already booked for January. =(

This is good news - Sandy and I are in the MAIN room in November. 10 courses. But really? If we drank that much wine, I would have ended up taking my wife back to our hotel on a hand truck :). I'm a Sicilian - no issue. My wife? This would not be her ideal dinner :).

The good thing? I can, in no way remotely believe that V&A will/does FORCE anyone to do anything. That's the kind of thing that would give Israel a heart attack.... :). He's FAR too good to ever get into something like this....

The good thing? I can, in no way remotely believe that V&A will/does FORCE anyone to do anything. That's the kind of thing that would give Israel a heart attack.... :). He's FAR too good to ever get into something like this....

Of course they can't force you to drink the wine or even take the pairings. When the mandatory pairings were first announced, I spoke quite a bit about it with the lady on the reservations line. She said a beer pairing could be substituted but they wouldn't allow any other substitutions (such as equal value caviar or an upgrade)- she had to ask Israel about this, actually, so that came from him. You could choose not to have the pairing but you still had to pay the $100+ anyway even if you elected out. She was very adamant that this was an executive decision and that this was the "experience" they wanted to offer. It was only changed after, as I was told, "guest feedback."

Can I ask for some budgeting help? I know the price for the main dining room 7-course meal with wine pairing, but I wanted to check on tax and tip. So when planning this meal budget, should I add 6.5% and then 20% for tip onto the meal and wine pricing? I thought I read tip was included but that could also be my mind playing tricks on me. Too much Disney info in my brain! Thanks

Can I ask for some budgeting help? I know the price for the main dining room 7-course meal with wine pairing, but I wanted to check on tax and tip. So when planning this meal budget, should I add 6.5% and then 20% for tip onto the meal and wine pricing? I thought I read tip was included but that could also be my mind playing tricks on me. Too much Disney info in my brain! Thanks
The tip is not included and is not taxed alongside the meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter