The DVC board official Animal Kingdom Villas discussion thread

They could easily change those with a corresponding change somewhere else. They could also lower the points in the new section by selling less just like they did with BWV though I doubt they will.

Yup, that's what I said. :)

They can't just change it. They have to "adjust" it and find the points elsewhere in the existing chart.

We have points at SSR and just added points (50) to AKV. Will we have a difficult time getting ressies at AKV for a 1 bedroom SV at the 7 month window? We can't afford to purchase anymore points to AKV right now.:sad2: This would be for next year anyway! I know we can book our SSR at 11 months and then switch at 7, but how booked will AKV be? Any thoughts?

My thought is that it may be more difficult to get a 1BR at AKV until the new building opens in 2009. Until that building opens, the supply of 1 BRs may not match demand because of the imbalance created by a lot of dedicated studios.

There are no dedicated 1BRs at AKV, so each 1BR requires splitting up a 2BR lockoff and creating 1 studio and 1BR. On the other hand, there are 46 dedicated studios. I would guess that most, if not all, of them will probably be in the current building opening this Fall.

Let's say there are 6 GV, 46 dedicated studios and 82 2BR lockoffs. If all the 2 BRs are booked as 2 BRs, then 0% of the bookings would be for 1BRs (34% studios, 61% 2 BR and 4% GV). If all of the 2 BRs are split into S/1BR combos, then 38% of the bookings would be for 1 BRs (59% studios, 0% 2BR and 3% GV). So the availability of a 1 BR is likely to be between 0 and 38%.

Your chances will also depend on the category you want to book. Most of the dedicated studios (which are supposed to be only 316 sf) are probably going to be booked in the value category. If you are looking to book a 1 BR in the value category, this may prove very difficult as there may only be 4 2BR lockoffs in this category. These are the DVC units being converted from 12 standard rooms on the 5th floor overlooking the parking lot.

But, in the savanna view category, it is likely that each studio booked by a guest will free up a 1 BR for booking by another guest.

There may be about 59 2 BR lockoffs with guaranteed savanna view. I am sure that DVC has a formula for how many 2 BR lockoffs they break up for S/1BR in each booking category, but I don't have a clue what it is.

Best of luck -- Suzanne

Just wondering if anyone has seen plans to develop a walkway between AKV and AK? Not sure if the distance would be too great? I would really like 'Int'l Gateway' type access to AK from AKV.

I think it will be a bit easier to get a savanna view without booking that level once one the new phases open. My guide said ALL levels will include savanna view rooms, but you are only guarnateed one with that booking catagory.

any clue what the chances might be to get anything this september if you arent an owner at AKV? I'm thinking pretty much impossible. My only hope is that I will get lucky because it is september.

We recieved a call from DVC this morning congradulating us on our purchase of AKV, He asked if I had any questions.He just confirmed what everyone else knows , Members can start booking in May with stays starting in Sept. We are hoping for our first stay in Oct :)

So what is a use year? If the sale of points goes on sale to non members on March 5th and we buy 250 points does that mean my use year is March to March? From what I have read non members would have 2008 points so would my use year be Jan to Jan since I could not use my points until Jan 08 or does that mean I could not use my points until after March of 08 and my use year would run from March to March? Since we usually do our week trips in Jan and Sept I think I would still be okay, wouldn't I?

Any and all comments appriciated. Does anyone know what value accomidations mean? What would your view be? I would not mind being in a regular room on the 4th, 3rd or 2nd floors as long as we were overlooking a savanna. I am assuming standard view means you are looking at the parking lot.

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know if the $8 off per point for AKV still applies for current members if you purchase 100? Thank you!
Natalie

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know if the $8 off per point for AKV still applies for current members if you purchase 100? Thank you!
Natalie

Yes, the AKV incentive for current members ($101 - $8 = $93 with at least 100 points) is available until 6/4/07. :)

Hey, it looks like you don't have ANY add-ons YET...what are you waiting for??? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

You are so funny! I am so interested, but I haven't even been able to use our DVC points yet (first year, I had my second daughter, second year, moved twice (relocated to a different state). My brother and his family were excited to use some of our points this year! :) But, we are finally going in January! Yay! I just can't get AKV out of my head. I always said I wouldn't add on unless they opened villas there.

You are so funny! I am so interested, but I haven't even been able to use our DVC points yet (first year, I had my second daughter, second year, moved twice (relocated to a different state). My brother and his family were excited to use some of our points this year! :) But, we are finally going in January! Yay! I just can't get AKV out of my head. I always said I wouldn't add on unless they opened villas there.

We bought SSR in Feb and added on points to AKV (only 65) about 3 wks later...I'm already thinking we should have added more to AKV but we are out of extra $$ now. At least we can add a few nights at AKV to our trip every year.

Does anyone know if they have sold out at SSR yet? I heard that before they start selling AKV, they will have to sell all the SSR points....

They have actually been selling AKV points for a while now. AKV owners can call beginning 5/16 to book reservations for stays beginning in Sept.

Go to the DVC web site or call your guide for more info.

Hi I have a few questions but I don't have the time to read this gigantic thread to find the answers. Can someone help pls?

1. If I am NOT an AKV owner-- when can I start requesting a villa for March 16th 2008?

2. When will the new buildings be done?

3. Do you think it would be a good idea to buy into AKV since I am an owner of so many OKW, Vero and BCV points ? Do you think it will be that difficult to get into the AKV? I would have to wait until the 7 month window-- but how difficult would that be? Could it be worse than waiting for a BCV or BWV studio at 7 months? Will AKV be the new SSR with availability when there is no availability anywhere else?

Thanks for the replies.
Marylyn

For March 08, you will follow the usual 7 month window (call in August 07).

The new bulding has an estimated completion of spring 09.

It will probably be difficult to get AKV at 7 months out for a while. For that March time you mention in 08, that is the week before Easter (high demand time) and only about 3/4's of the conversion being done at AKL will be done by that time and thus it will likely be difficult to get at 7 months out.

After everything is done, including new building, it should become fairly easy to get AKV at 7 months out many times of year as long as you are seeking "savannah view" point cost rooms, which will be about 70% of the resort. Value (a small number of rooms), standard (about 20% of all rooms), concierge (another small number) will likely be gone with 11 month window most times of year.

Hi I have a few questions but I don't have the time to read this gigantic thread to find the answers. Can someone help pls?

1. If I am NOT an AKV owner-- when can I start requesting a villa for March 16th 2008?

2. When will the new buildings be done?

3. Do you think it would be a good idea to buy into AKV since I am an owner of so many OKW, Vero and BCV points ? Do you think it will be that difficult to get into the AKV? I would have to wait until the 7 month window-- but how difficult would that be? Could it be worse than waiting for a BCV or BWV studio at 7 months? Will AKV be the new SSR with availability when there is no availability anywhere else?

Thanks for the replies.
Marylyn

1) The rumor is non-owners can call June 6th...but I've not actually seen that confirmed by MS. Maybe someone else has....???

2) The new building will not be complete until sometime in '09. It will begin opening in phases in early '09. The existing lodge remodels should be entirely complete by May of '08, after having begun to open in July of this year (with most units coming on-line in Sept and Dec).

3) Until the new building starts opening, availability is going to be tight. Remember, the existing lodge remodels only covers about 140-ish units...roughly the size of VWL. With THAT small number of units, I think competition will be tight for savannah level, value level, and, in May of '08 when they open, concierge level rooms...especially by the time the 7 month window opens.

Now, if you're willing to "wait" until '09, once the new building opens up, I think that issue will resolve itself. But for the next couple of years, I think it's going to be tight. We'll know more on May 16th, when owners can start calling, and then even more by June 6th (if that's the date) when non-owners can book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter