The DVC board official Animal Kingdom Villas discussion thread

I think they are staggered mailings based on the alphabet. My guide called me Thursday night to tell us we were all set, and asked if we got the mailing yet. I said no, and she said "Oh that's right, your R, you wouldn't have yet."

:confused3
And we are "A" and received ours 2/2 Friday!

I can't see them staggering their mailings by last name, but it would make sense to print them out by zipcode or at least by state. Companies can get a lower bulk mail rate when they pre-sort their outgoing mail.

For the record I got my flyer for AKV on Thursday(Last name W in Ohio). If someone is trying to figure out the bulk mail sort.

For us, I think we'll just wait till the whole things done in 2009. If I am staying I'll want to be able to see the animals from my room or it's a waste of time for me. Would probably do only a couple of nights(this would be during a rental car trip) and couple it with a SSR stay.

Add me to the list of California DVCers :-)wave2: hi there neighbors) that haven't received the mailing yet.

Also, I think I heard there are different laws for pre-selling in California -- does anyone know if that could affect our ability to buy points now?

When I first heard about VAKL I figured I would wait before buying and see what it was like. But somehow I'm thinking it might not work out that way
:moped: Me rushing off to get AKL points

Also, I think I heard there are different laws for pre-selling in California -- does anyone know if that could affect our ability to buy points now?

Hey California neighbor :wave2:

I bought my AKV addon by phone with no problems. Thinking about it now I have bought all my points by phone except an addon I did my last trip in November. Since I was there I just went into the office at SSR.

Thanks for the info jemiauel. I just might be getting on the phone to call my guide Monday morning.

anyone know the difference between V ans S ?

According to greenban's information in http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1343243:

Value: Smaller than current BCV rooms (Old Standard AKL rooms), yes they have a window, and no recliner/sleeper in Value 1,2 or 3 bedrooms.

Standard: May be larger than current BCV Rooms (Deluxe AKL Rooms). These are abvove have sleeper recliner in 1/2/3 BR Villas. Pool and possibly garden views.

Okay, you experts out there, I am already thinking about adding another 25 points of AKL--will I still be eligible for the $93 price since I just purchased 100 pts? Just realized if I added 1 Sat cash night for my reunion it would only cost approx. a few hundred dollars less than just getting the additional points. Not rocket science to figure out which is the better idea!

Okay, you experts out there, I am already thinking about adding another 25 points of AKL--will I still be eligible for the $93 price since I just purchased 100 pts? Just realized if I added 1 Sat cash night for my reunion it would only cost approx. a few hundred dollars less than just getting the additional points. Not rocket science to figure out which is the better idea!

Have you sent in the paperwork yet? If not, just have them update the existing deal. In fact, isn't there like a 7-14 day period even after paperwork is sent in? Maybe go the full 150 for the Tapestry ;)

Go for 50 more because it would only be a little more than 2 sat cash nights.

No, 75 because it would only be a little more than 3. No no no, 100...

Love that rocket science!!:wizard:

It may have been posted but it looks like the value rooms will be about 50/50 savannah view on the value rooms. 40/60 on the Concierge but didn't get which was was 3 units and which was 2. Dedicated vs lockoff set up as is now the standard with 2 queens and lockoffs with a queen and pull out full.

So has anyone heard how things will work once the new building is built as far as requesting room location? We know there will be 134 rooms in the main lodge; is this something we would request when booking. "I want a Savannah View, Main Lodge". Or will it be some crapshoot and you go to the AKV building to check in and find out then if you are there or main lodge?Anyone think they could do a higher point level for Main Lodge once the Villas are built?

So has anyone heard how things will work once the new building is built as far as requesting room location? We know there will be 134 rooms in the main lodge; is this something we would request when booking. "I want a Savannah View, Main Lodge". Or will it be some crapshoot and you go to the AKV building to check in and find out then if you are there or main lodge?Anyone think they could do a higher point level for Main Lodge once the Villas are built?
I haven't heard but since check in will be different, you'll need to know where to go. My guess is they'll be a separate booking category.

Anyone think they could do a higher point level for Main Lodge once the Villas are built?

I'm not sure they can legally do that once they've started to sell points. I THINK they have to maintain the "finalized" point chart that was released when selling points. Now, they COULD increase points, I suppose, for main lodge buildings IF they decrease point costs for something else. They'd have to find those points somewhere in the existing point chart.

I'm not sure they can legally do that once they've started to sell points. I THINK they have to maintain the "finalized" point chart that was released when selling points. Now, they COULD increase points, I suppose, for main lodge buildings IF they decrease point costs for something else. They'd have to find those points somewhere in the existing point chart.
They could easily change those with a corresponding change somewhere else. They could also lower the points in the new section by selling less just like they did with BWV though I doubt they will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter