The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

We're back home from a great week at WDW. I hate the post vacation come down! Thanks for the great article Christy! :goodvibes

The link below is for the village where we will staying while in Tuscany. It looks beautiful. This is the part of the trip that I am most looking forward to (other than the bellinis, wine, and gelato).

The restaurants on the property sound wonderful. They offer both indoor and outdoor dining. The outdoor dining should provide for some very nice views!

http://www.artimino.com

The link below is for the village where we will staying while in Tuscany. It looks beautiful. This is the part of the trip that I am most looking forward to (other than the bellinis, wine, and gelato).

The restaurants on the property sound wonderful. They offer both indoor and outdoor dining. The outdoor dining should provide for some very nice views!

Dino and I just got back from the Viva Italia trip 3 weeks ago and I'm in prep mode on a trip report. Our DVD just arrived with all the guides pictures, so after a bit of organization, I hope to have something in writing soon :rolleyes1

I do want to point out that you really only have one free meal while at the Villa and that's the evening after your day trip to Florence.

There were two bus times back to the villa, one at 4pm and the other at 7pm.
No one from our group left at 4:00, there is just too much to see and do and only having a few hours after lunch really isn't enough time.
So, thinking that most if not all of you will be heading back on the 7 pm bus, you won't arrive back until about 8:00 - 8:30pm
I think only 2 couples decided to have dinner in Artimino. Some had an early dinner right in Florence and many others just brought back something to eat, which is what we did.

We picked up a panini and pizza just before leaving. After we got back we got a beer from the bar, a plateful of "free" appetizers and we sat outside on the walkway area outside our room and had a delightful dinner.

If you have any questions about anythingor any part of the trip - Ask Away ;)

Dino and I just got back from the Viva Italia trip 3 weeks ago and I'm in prep mode on a trip report. Our DVD just arrived with all the guides pictures, so after a bit of organization, I hope to have something in writing soon :rolleyes1

I do want to point out that you really only have one free meal while at the Villa and that's the evening after your day trip to Florence.

There were two bus times back to the villa, one at 4pm and the other at 7pm.
No one from our group left at 4:00, there is just too much to see and do and only having a few hours after lunch really isn't enough time.
So, thinking that most if not all of you will be heading back on the 7 pm bus, you won't arrive back until about 8:00 - 8:30pm
I think only 2 couples decided to have dinner in Artimino. Some had an early dinner right in Florence and many others just brought back something to eat, which is what we did.

We picked up a panini and pizza just before leaving. After we got back we got a beer from the bar, a plateful of "free" appetizers and we sat outside on the walkway area outside our room and had a delightful dinner.

If you have any questions about anythingor any part of the trip - Ask Away ;)

Thank you for the information! I think on the Florence day I would most likely be on the later bus, I like the idea of picking up food before leaving to bring back.

Jason

Jason - OMG Did you see the beautiful wine shop ?? We will HAVE to get there.

:love:Micki

Thanks for the handy site - Reading this got me to wonder and I guess I should know this - but I don't .:confused3.. Is Italy part of the EU ? Is the money Euros or something else ?

:love:Micki

Yes. I do believe that Italy is part of the EU and the money is Euros.

Italy is part of the EU and euros are the coin of the realm.:)

By the way....you know us.....we are not usually willing to just let things be.

We always like to tinker with our trips.

No details, no answers, nothing definite...but....you may have options.

There...was that cryptic enough?;)

Buono Serra!

Italy is part of the EU and euros are the coin of the realm.:)

By the way....you know us.....we are not usually willing to just let things be.

We always like to tinker with our trips.

No details, no answers, nothing definite...but....you may have options.

There...was that cryptic enough?;)

Buono Serra!

Such a tease!!! :goodvibes

I found an evening Italian 101 class at Emory University here in Atlanta. It is 10 weeks and covers the following:

After this class, you will be able to
Greet others appropriately
Introduce yourself and others
Briefly describe things and people
Talk about activities and pastimes in the present tense
Make polite exchanges such as those needed for shopping and ordering food
Ask and respond to basic questions
Pronounce and use numbers correctly
Ask for and understand simple directions
Talk about prices and dates, tell time, and discuss the weather

The current session has already started but hope that one starts up again in January. I think it would be worth the time and money.

Ciao ABDers :wave2:

I am sooooooo excited for all of you. You are going to have a trip beyond your expectations.

Thought I would post a link to a really great Italy information website. I found it before my trip and it was a great resource of information.

:surfweb: http://goitaly.about.com

Don't forget to sign up for the newsletter too - it's like getting a taste of Italy in your inbox every month :goodvibes

I found an evening Italian 101 class at Emory University here in Atlanta. It is 10 weeks and covers the following:

After this class, you will be able to
Greet others appropriately
Introduce yourself and others
Briefly describe things and people
Talk about activities and pastimes in the present tense
Make polite exchanges such as those needed for shopping and ordering food
Ask and respond to basic questions
Pronounce and use numbers correctly
Ask for and understand simple directions
Talk about prices and dates, tell time, and discuss the weather

The current session has already started but hope that one starts up again in January. I think it would be worth the time and money.

That course sounds great, looks like it covers all the basics!
Jason

Has anyone even thought about booking air yet? I looked at the time I signed up for the trip and then again yesterday. The price has went down a few hundred dollars. Part of me wants to jump on it but am hopeful it may come down more. For London / Paris, I booked extremely early. It worked out well b/c the price only went up from there. What are you guys thinking?

Has anyone even thought about booking air yet? I looked at the time I signed up for the trip and then again yesterday. The price has went down a few hundred dollars. Part of me wants to jump on it but am hopeful it may come down more. For London / Paris, I booked extremely early. It worked out well b/c the price only went up from there. What are you guys thinking?

I have been pricing airfare and what I am finding seems high right now.

John and I have decided to go to Italy for Christmas and I found first class air for $2500.00 each.

Coach was about $1400 each....but we buy 3 seats in coach. Our choice was 5K or $4200. With first class, you have much higher baggage allowances and no additional fees. It was an easy choice.

It's really a gamble as to when you buy. I know some airlines will give you credit toward your next flight if the price goes down. You might want to look at that as well.

John and I have decided to go to Italy for Christmas and I found first class air for $2500.00 each.QUOTE]

Would you be able to share which airline that was??? :goodvibes

John and I have decided to go to Italy for Christmas and I found first class air for $2500.00 each.

Coach was about $1400 each....but we buy 3 seats in coach. Our choice was 5K or $4200. With first class, you have much higher baggage allowances and no additional fees. It was an easy choice.

It's really a gamble as to when you buy. I know some airlines will give you credit toward your next flight if the price goes down. You might want to look at that as well.

Italy for Christmas! FUN! Thanks for the feedback regarding flights. You're right. It really is a gamble. I think I may sit on it for a little longer.

John and I have decided to go to Italy for Christmas and I found first class air for $2500.00 each.QUOTE]

Would you be able to share which airline that was??? :goodvibes

Anything for you my dear....;)

We are flying Delta.

Our outbound flight is Orlando / Atlanta / Rome.

Coming home there are two stops...Venice / Charles De Gaulle (to be so close to Paris and not be able to stop:sad2:) / Atlanta / Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter