The Days in Disney - Live Trip Report

jtlover

DIS Veteran
Currently at Gatwick airport in the No 1 Lounge drinking champagne which is really nice dont usually like this stuff, must be because we are going to Florida:cool1:

Stayed at Courtyard Marriott last night really nice room and walking distance to the South Terminal - 7 minutes:thumbsup2 Stayed there last year too.

Ate at Giraffe at the airport last night and had a really nice meal as well as a cocktail. Liked the cocktail so much asked for the recipe so I could make them at home:rotfl2:

Going through security was really quick this morning and the new system is very efficient.

Hope the 11.15 flight is on time although with the hour time difference will be 12:15 in our heads. Have seats 26 on the right handside by the window so pretty close to the front in the hope of getting off the plane quickly

Trying to beat our time out of the airport last year - 45 minutes:banana:

Will update tonight or tomorrow when we are in Saratoga Springs Resort :cloud9::cloud9:

hope you have a good flight
looking forward to the live updates

Dont know how I am still awake. Had a good flight over and saw New York on the way down.

Flight was half an hour late (I think) but ok. Had the chicken and leak dinner and then sandwiches were either chicken or egg so we had one of each and split in half.

We got out of the airport the same time as last year 45 minutes:rotfl: We have a massive suv which looks a little like an X5 in black is pretty cool - wouldnt mind one of these at home, although wouldnt want to run it in our Country.

We went to Walmart on the way to Saratoga and got some bits and peices. This holiday we are eating breakfast nearly every day in our villa so bought items for that as well as the usual Aleve tablets which get rid of headaches really quick and you can buy them really cheap and 200 tablets at a time.

Got to Saratoga and requested Congress Park so we could have a view of DTD, we were booked for Springs but they were happy to change us over. They also had 3 packages waiting for me for my halloween costume for MNSSHP so happy bunny as they had arrived in time:thumbsup2

We then dropped off our cases and went to downtown disney to look round and eat something at Earls - our favourite sandwich in disney.

I think I am too excited to sleep - such a big kid but I love this place so much, there is no where else that I love as much as Disney World.

Will update more tomorrow, going to Magic Kingdom, which is a tradition on the first day. Will also update photos later in the holiday as well.

I love hearing about how excited people are when they first get there :goodvibes

DTD and Earls is one of our favourite things to do on the first night and can't wait for us to do it again.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of MNSSHP. Can you tell us what you have got or is it a secret :thumbsup2

I love hearing about how excited people are when they first get there :goodvibes

DTD and Earls is one of our favourite things to do on the first night and can't wait for us to do it again.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of MNSSHP. Can you tell us what you have got or is it a secret :thumbsup2

DH is going as Jack Sparrow and I am going as Captain Hook - the wig is hilarious we go on 1st November and cant wait to go in MK dressed up - will be fun

Incidentally it is 3.00 a.m. and I am up already - had hoped to go beyond the 3.00 a.m. usual wake up, but body thinks otherwise:rotfl2: I guess this means we wont miss MK opening:yay:

Good morning from a cool damp England.
Nice to hear everything went smoothly
Have a Full Monty for me when you visit The Earl!

Good morning from a cool damp England.
Nice to hear everything went smoothly
Have a Full Monty for me when you visit The Earl!

That is the one I had - that is my favourite. DH has the ham and swiss cheese.

Plan to have lunch at Captain Cooks today, never had lunch there so looking forward to that one:thumbsup2

p.s. it is raining here at the moment:scared1:

Just caught up.Getting me in the mood for next week:cool1:RAINING:scared1:Oh no hope it doesnt last too long.It seems to be raining more than the last couple of years in Oct and nov.We stayed in congress park last year with a view of DTD..Hope the weather picks up for you but I am sure it will not spoil your fun at all.

Rained all morning. We went into MK for opening but mainly went down Main Street to keep out of the rain. Only ride we went on was Buzz Lightyear where Kevin beat me - even though I was in the lead at the beginning, I blame my laser, wasnt working properly:rotfl2:

Decided to go round the monorail hotels looking in their shops. Also there was a competition for pumpkins that CM had done in Contemporary, which were good. We then went to Poly for some lunch at Captain Cooks. We both had the chicken noodle bowl which is really yummy and a great portion. Also had a dole whip but it is a bit cold really for that today;)

Also lots of people are dressed up today for Halloween which is nice.

We then went to Premium Outlets and bought a Disney toy for my dog and bought DD an Adidas sweatshirt and t shirt, nothing for me yet:rotfl2:

It has stopped raining now so will start getting ready to go out later, Sanaa for dinner tonight which we are looking forward to. Might buy the mickey mouse ipad cover I have had my eye on tonight at AKL.

Tomorrow is AK, eating at Yak and Yeti at lunchtime and then MNSSHP in the evening. 31st October has sold out, so hoping that tomorrow will not be so crowded:confused3

p.s. I will probably start to put photos on tomorrow:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter