• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Coke Zero-pocalypse

I've cut back on artificially sweetened soda. I do like the occasional cherry pepsi max though, mmmmmmm. But I prefer to drink less of the full sugar version then constantly drink the sugar free versions.

Coke Zero and Diet Coke definitely taste different. I'm sipping on some Coke Zero right now but I'll just stick with Dr. Pepper 10 once all of the Coke Zero is Gone.

Diet Coke fans in our house - not a big fan of Coke Zero (whatever the formula), but I don't mind Cherry Coke Zero (or Diet Dr. Pepper).

I just read that Coke Zero is one of the few diet sodas that has shown decent growth lately. Coke says that people often don't understand that the zero means no calories.

Who likes Coke Zero? If you haven't heard, it is being discontinued and replaced with "Coca-Cola Zero Sugar" At first I thought the re-brand was just a new package and name for the same drink, but it turns out it is a new formula. It supposedly "tastes more like regular Coke," but a lot of Coke Zero lovers are not happy about the change. I have not tried the new version yet, so I can't say, but I do like Coke Zero a lot, so I'm hoping it's good. I have some friends who drink a lot of Coke Zero, and they are freaking out!

Have you tried the new drink? Do you like it? Or is this "New Coke" all over again?

Okay that explains something. I was in London last fall and they were passing out mini Coke Zeros on Oxford Street and hawking it as a "new" Coca-Cola product. I was like really this has been around in the states forever. i thought it tasted good. I didn't notice anything vastly different (I do drink Coke Zero) so just thought it was new to Europe. Now I'm thinking it must have been this since the can did say no sugar.

Oh and I'm one of those people who like CZ but hate DC, my mom is the opposite.

Although right now imon a Sprite Zero kick. I maybe have 2 or 3 sodas a week and I switch around CZ, SZ, diet orange or grape, and just regular Coke or Dr Pepper . Never DC or any type Pepsi.

Last edited:

Okay that explains something. I was in London last fall and they were passing out mini Coke Zeros on Oxford Street and hawking it as a "new" Coca-Cola product. I was like really this has been around in the states forever. i thought it tasted good. I didn't notice anything vastly different (I do drink Coke Zero) so just thought it was new to Europe. Now I'm thinking it must have been this since the can did say no sugar.

Oh and I'm one of those people who like CZ but hate DC, my mom is the opposite.

Although right now imon a Sprite Zero kick. I maybe have 2 or 3 sodas a week and I switch around CZ, SZ, diet orange or grape, and just regular Coke or Dr Pepper . Never DC or any type Pepsi.

Right. The product launched overseas first as "Coca-Cola No Sugar" and tyhat is what is called "Zero Sugar" here.

I tried the new one last night. It really does taste more like actual Coca-Cola! Now, whether one things that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to personal taste. It is quite different from Zero, but then I do like regular coke an dnever drink it, so this could be great. It'll take some getting used to though.

Just wished Coke would get rid of the sodium cyclamate and teh acesulfame potassium. Why can't they use normal sounding ingredients in their drinks?

I know people who like Coke Zero, that is a shame for them. I used to drink a lot of Coke Zero myself, but somehow got away from it. Now it doesn't taste good at all to me. I can definitely tell a difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero. I don't like Coke Zero, but I hate Diet Coke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter