The Coke Zero-pocalypse

I think the real truth is all diet soda drink sales are slowing down as more and more research shows the dangers of some of the ingredients. Coke is just retooling Coke Zero to try and get some sales back.

I rarely drink soda but when I do its never any with artificial sugar added to it- I remember when my daughter was young the Dr's all said not to give them diet soda before 12 years of age because it messed with their developing brains. I believe that all aspartame type sweeteners are toxic and would not be willingly drinking any of that. I have to watch the yogurt I buy because some of them have that crap in there too!

I rarely drink soda but when I do its never any with artificial sugar added to it- I remember when my daughter was young the Dr's all said not to give them diet soda before 12 years of age because it messed with their developing brains. I believe that all aspartame type sweeteners are toxic and would not be willingly drinking any of that. I have to watch the yogurt I buy because some of them have that crap in there too!

Really I did not know that my mom let me drink it at a very young age I don't remember my first one but it was before 12

I will drink my Coke Zero and add some

popcorn::

If I drink soda, I do like Coke Zero. I drink a couple cans a week on average.

I guess we will see what the new one tastes like.

I would have assumed Coke Zero and Diet Coke were the same thing. Then again, I only drink a very occasional cola for migraines and an even more rare ginger ale for upset stomach, so I had no idea about all these other varieties.

Taste different. Different sweeteners

Coke Zero is my drink of choice. I'll try the new one but I'm really hoping it doesn't taste like regular Coke.

Agreed. I think sales are plunging because people are figuring out all of those fake ingredients that some food chemist engineered in some lab are not good for you. They need to go back to all natural ingredients. Get rid of the splenda. Get rid of the high fructose corn syrup.

I've tasted it. It didn't really taste that different, perhaps a bit sweeter. I prefer Pepsi Max anyway.

Interestingly, one of the two biggest supermarket chains here has announced they won't be stocking the new Coke. I find that a bit annoying because I buy the packs of 200ml cans for work and alternate between Coke Zero and Pepsi Max depending on what is on special. I guess I'll just either have to stick up when the Pepsi is cheap or go elsewhere.

I stopped drinking all sorts of soda in the spring but Coke Zero was my drink of choice. I hate the taste of Diet Coke and Coke is too sweet so Zero was a nice compromise.

I used to be a Coke Zero lover, but Pepsi Max is my go-to now. I still like Zero, but prefer Pepsi Max. The older members of my family all say that back in the old days Coke and a kind of a "bite" to it and that Coke Zero reminded them of that taste.

I was super irritated with Pepsi changed the sweetener their Diet Cherry Pepsi. It tastes awful now. I hope Zero Sugar or whatever it's called isn't as bad.

They taste different. I love coke zero, and while I don't dislike the new coke light or whatever it is, I don't love it. But I am sure I will get used to it, sigh. I see NO reason for the change, though.

Based on this thread, I'm shocked there's even a diet soda industry left. :rolleyes:

Where did you get Coke zero cherry?

I know it can be found in two-liters and cans, but it's hit or miss whether my grocery store will have any on hand at any given time.

Cherry Coke Zero and Vanilla Coke Zero formulas aren't changing, at least not right now.

Not THAT is good news! I love the Cherry version, but as stated above it is sometimes harder to find.

I'll drink Cherry Coke Zero on occasion.....but I'm sure I'll get used to the new formula. These kinds of things don't tend to bother me...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter