The Busy Busy Countdo-own!!!!

Made it through indoor soccer, he might get strangled for the mess that he's left in the bathroom though! :mad:

hahahaha... I will be the same as you by the time we go... stressed someone will get hurt etc!! Very happy for you though.. you are nearly there!!!:cool1:

Sadly, DH's Grandfather passed away this morning, it hasnt been discussed but is it wrong that I hope they organise the funeral before Friday.

DH and I havent talked about it, but I will read up on our Travel Insurance in case we have to delay our flight. :sad1:

How sad, sending love to you all.

This is the perfect place to put out your thoughts, without fear of offending the family. :wizard: sending some pixie dust that it all sorts out. :grouphug:

Oh batty, that's really sad news. Not how you thought you would spend your last week. Also, I definitely understand you hoping that the funeral is before Friday, you have planned this for ages, it's a natural reaction.

I also hope that DH's family make sure that you don't have to change anything, it will be good to get this worry out of your head so that you can concentrate on remembering grandad and all getting through this week.

Sending love up the M5 and M7. :grouphug:

Sorry to hijack your countdown with my sad news - Pa was 89 and had been struggling along for the last 10years - he will now be at peace. :angel:

I am pretty confident the funeral will be before Friday, so we should still be on that plane. Its a small family and they know we are flying out on Friday, so unless there is no possible way to have it earlier it will be before then.

Feel free to count away !!!

Happy for you to hijack! I hope that your day has been OK, my grandad passed away on Valentine's Day last year, he was 92 and was still driving the day before he died! We miss him so much, but we are very aware of how lucky we were to have him so fabulous until literally the day that he died. :love:

As for my grandma, well she was cheesed off with him because he had the nerve to die 4 months before their 70th wedding anniversary - and she had already bought her dress! We think that she is here to stay for a while because grandad has made a pact with the guy upstairs - he did almost 70 years on earth with her, now he deserves a few years of peace! :cloud9:

At least now Pa can come on hols with you!

:hug: Battymum sorry for your loss:hug:

:hug: to everyone who is going this week and driving themselves crazy i just want you all to know that someone forgot to tell the spiders and the dust and the wind that blew leaves into my passageway that our house was on holidays in the USA:banana: for 40 days and when i walked inside and looked at all the dust and cobwebs trying really hard not to cry:sad2: I said to DH well i wasted my time staying up till midnight vacuuming and cleaning the night we left now i have 2 days cleaning to do before i can unpack I was not a happy chappy :upsidedow

The thought of spiders running around my house while I am gone is terrifying! :scared1: I hope that the Barbies in my DD's Barbie townhouse will keep up with the house work done while we're gone!

Speaking of DD, she is now officially DD7 - hooray!

Today has been a lovely day for her, I dropped cinnamon donuts at school (still hot - thank you Donut King) and she was THRILLED :cloud9: Then tonight she had her school disco. I even talked DH into coming and helping, he was a bouncer! The DJ announced that it was her birthday and all of the K-2's sang happy birthday to her. Then she got to choose 4 friends to dance on stage with her! She doesn't think that anything could be better (just wait for WDW honey!)

Afterwards I dropped DH home - the footy is on - then a girlfriend and I met at McDonalds so that the girls could have an ice cream. So now my sweet baby is playing with her Barbie mermaid and singing to herself - she is perfect! :cutie:

I'm ready for bed, the boys have cricket in the morning, even if it's pouring they still have to go to the ground in order to be told that it's off :confused3

I am working and DD is off to hang with my mum, so all up at 7am as usual. I really hope that I can sleep on that plane next week! :)

7 sleeps........almost 6!!!!

btw - funeral is Wednesday - :hug:

Makes for a bit of chaos - but we can deal with that. Was to be my last day of work, I do payroll and it is payday and the only other person that can do it is off too - so will have to go in for the morning.

DD16 had her yr 10 trial school certificate exams moved to Wed / Thur as they were scheduled for the week we are not here. Will have to call school on Monday.

DH will probably work half day -

DS's will probably have another day off!:rolleyes1

Wow batty, Wednesday is going to be so hectic, better than having to change your flights though. :upsidedow

I had a giggle to myself when I read about the boys having another day off school - maybe between the 3 of them our boys will have a complete term 3 education - DS had 2 days off this past week! Would it be evil to make them study maths while we are at the Whispering Canyon Cafe on the night of the 21st?! :confused3

As for having a 7 year old, we are VERY lucky to have such a honey bunny! :cutie: When I think about what I went through to have her, I suppose that we kind of deserved a good girl, well we got one!

She is a complete neat freak - would have been thrilled if she got a bottle of Windex for her birthday! Also a rule nazi - she is shocked that people would even consider not following the rules! Plus she is the original teacher suck up - she loves them, they love her, we honestly roll our eyes at some of the comments on her reports! :laughing: Never stops dancing, singing, chatting, dressing up, wants to help cook dinner, wash clothes, vacuum - ick, she sounds like a junior mother Theresa! Not quite - there is attitude there, and I dread her being a teenager (I was a biatch!), but for now I am so lucky to get to take her to WDW, American girl, swimming with dolphins at Atlantis because she will hug us to bits with excitement! :hug:

Gawd, my posts go on and on don't they?! :rolleyes1

Just one more thing though....

.....6 more sleeps! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

:hug: Sorry for your loss Battymum and family.

The thought of spiders running around my house while I am gone is terrifying! :scared1: I hope that the Barbies in my DD's Barbie townhouse will keep up with the house work done while we're gone!

Speaking of DD, she is now officially DD7 - hooray!

Today has been a lovely day for her, I dropped cinnamon donuts at school (still hot - thank you Donut King) and she was THRILLED :cloud9: Then tonight she had her school disco. I even talked DH into coming and helping, he was a bouncer! The DJ announced that it was her birthday and all of the K-2's sang happy birthday to her. Then she got to choose 4 friends to dance on stage with her! She doesn't think that anything could be better (just wait for WDW honey!)

As for having a 7 year old, we are VERY lucky to have such a honey bunny! :cutie: When I think about what I went through to have her, I suppose that we kind of deserved a good girl, well we got one!

She is a complete neat freak - would have been thrilled if she got a bottle of Windex for her birthday! Also a rule nazi - she is shocked that people would even consider not following the rules! Plus she is the original teacher suck up - she loves them, they love her, we honestly roll our eyes at some of the comments on her reports! :laughing: Never stops dancing, singing, chatting, dressing up, wants to help cook dinner, wash clothes, vacuum - ick, she sounds like a junior mother Theresa! Not quite - there is attitude there, and I dread her being a teenager (I was a biatch!), but for now I am so lucky to get to take her to WDW, American girl, swimming with dolphins at Atlantis because she will hug us to bits with excitement! :hug:

I'll swap you a neat freak for complete oblivious to mess! DD8 just doesn't see it! Mine also comes with attitude so you won't miss out on that one. It's her birthday party (to turn 9) today

Your DD will loooovvvveee American Girl. Sounds like she is a girly girl like mine. We had the best time!

It's only because of you ladies on here talking about American Girl that I ever really looked into it - DD loves Barbies - and I thought that an American Girl might be too "non-glamorous" for her! :rolleyes1

Now though - we have jumped into the deep end and both of us are very excited to go on Monday week!!!!!! I'm pleased to see that the weather in NYC is still warm, so we can wear our dresses and have a completely girly time. Boys will be on a helicopter ride that day - but I am more than happy to give that up for a special day with DD.......besides - DH will just have to take me back to NYC for a helicopter ride next time!! :hug:

Cricket is back on this morning - no news of injuries - let's keep it that way! ;)

OK, work is finished, cricketers home and healthy now to make lunch, then DD7 and I are off to watch my friend be a nun in the musical Nunsensations!

Am I a great friend or WHAT?! ;)

How do you know that cricket season is back? I stock up on Napisan, and my pommy husband has a red face from sunburn. I'm going to strangle him!

Nun sensations was sensational! My friend put my name into a hat that was used in a scene, so, of course, I was chosen to spin the wheel and up came a new car! This was all a complete joke - but you should have seen the look on my daughter's face - she couldn't believe it! I very quickly had to explain that it was part of the show........can you imagine, a birthday, school concert, new car and a trip to WDW all in one week - nah, she'll just have to settle for 3 out of 4!!!!!! :lmao:

By the way........it's FREEZING! :mad:

Oh, and the lady that works with me just found out that her mum has whooping cough - so now she needs to be tested. :scared1:

.........and I forgot to mention that I have a scratchy throat, watery eyes, runny nose, a hot head and a cough - apart from those few things I look amazing! ;)

Oh, and my DH is at the pub with my ex and my ex's brother! Don't worry - I'm confused too! :rotfl:

Oh, and the lady that works with me just found out that her mum has whooping cough - so now she needs to be tested. :scared1:

.........and I forgot to mention that I have a scratchy throat, watery eyes, runny nose, a hot head and a cough - apart from those few things I look amazing! ;)

Oh, and my DH is at the pub with my ex and my ex's brother! Don't worry - I'm confused too! :rotfl:

sorry????

that my dear sounds like a story to be told...to take our minds off our impending looming sense of dread re our trips and the things we have forgotten:cool1:

DH is home (the ex even paid for the cab!!!!), it just gets funnier doesn't it?! :lmao:

I'm not evil, really!!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter