The August 'Free Food, Here I Come' Pre-Trippie

mandymouse

Bahama Mama Time !!
Tickers :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

08-16-2008_CBR+with+Free+DDP+4+Nts+on+the+Disney+Wonder+and+Hard+Rock+Hotel_139-0-0_255-182-193.png

08-24-2008_Double+Dipping+on+Castaway+Cay_148-0-211_230-230-250.png

Cast

CIMG1013-1.jpg

Mandy & hubby Paul :love:

CIMG0123.jpg

princess: DD’s Kerry & Becky princess:

The Cruise
dclship.gif

We had taken our first 4 night Disney Wonder Cruise in January 2007, and we had a fantastic time. So when DCL announced dates for their 4 night Cruises where there was a double dip (two stops) at Castaway Cay, I knew hubby wouldn’t be able to resist. We chose the last double dip Cruise for 24th/28th August and this Cruise was booked way back in February ’07 and all we needed to do was book the rest of our holiday around these dates

We’ve got a ‘Meets’ thread going on the Cruise forums, and on there I have ‘met’ some great girls. We post on our thread daily and have been instant messaging for the last few months too (so I'm sorry for neglecting you on the UK Community :rotfl: :rotfl:)

The only plans I have to make for our Cruise is to make our Palo Brunch and Dinner reservations, which I can do on 26th May, which will mean I will have to be at my laptop for 5am that morning

*26/05 Edited to add that Palo Brunch & Dinner have now been booked - woohoo !!*

Walt Disney World/Caribbean Beach Resort

We waited on tenterhooks for the Free Disney Dining Plan to be released for UK residents last Summer. When the dates were released, I went into overdrive pricing up different hotels etc. We were a little disappointed that we couldn’t stay at the Pop Century, but we thought we’d give the Caribbean Beach Resort a try.

Within a matter of days we had the free DDP at the CBR booked for 16th/24th August 2008.

We’ve never stayed here before, and I am so looking forward to trying somewhere new, I’m just a little worried that we might get a bit spoilt with this resort, as it looks so nice. Needless to say, I can’t wait

*27/06 Edited to add that I rang the WDTC and booked a preferred location so we can be close to the food court ;)

Hard Rock Hotel

We have always wanted to stay at Universal, so to finish off our holiday, I booked two nights at the Hard Rock Hotel (28th/30th August). I’ve heard lots of great reports about the HRH, and I can’t wait to use the front of the line perk with our room key

The Flights

We decided to book our flights through MyTravel. I booked them on-line, as flights only, as we have always been happy to book our car through USRentacar. In the meantime MyTravel have been taken over by Thomas Cook. Although I have had an invoice from Thomas Cook with the original flight times, I am still a little worried that our times will be changed – but at the end of the day, there isn’t much I can do about that

Other

I have bought 2 day (3rd day free) tickets for Universal, and we’ve got a day ticket (hopefully still with a free day) for SeaWorld, as we haven’t been for years and we’re really looking forward to riding Kraken for the first time

The night before our holiday we are booked into the Travelodge at Manchester Airport and we’ve booked the Meet & Greet Airport parking through the AA too.

At 180 days before our holiday (which I think was the 17th February) I made all my ADR’s, so here is a rough itinerary for my fantastic August 2008 holiday

15th Stay overnight at the Travelodge, Manchester Airport
16th Fly out and check in at the Caribbean Beach Resort
17th O’Hanas Breakfast – not decided on Park yet
18th AK EMH (am), Tusker House Breakfast, DIS 'Meet' 4pm Rose & Crown, Epcot
19th Epcot EMH (am), Princess Storybook Breakfast
20th SeaWorld, Restaurant Marrakesh Dinner for me & hubby
21st MK EMH (am), Cinderella’s Royal Table Breakfast
22nd Park not yet decided, Chef Mickey’s Dinner
23rd DHS EMH (am), Chef Mickey’s Breakfast

24th Disney Wonder (Woohoo !!) and the first of many Bahama Mamas
25th Castaway Cay, Palo Dinner 6pm
26th Nassau, Pirate Night
27th Castaway Cay, Palo Brunch 11am

28th Bye Disney Wonder, Hello Hard Rock Hotel, US or IOA
29th US or IOA, DIS 'Meet' 4pm Margaritaville, Citywalk, Hard Rock Café Dinner
30th US or IOA, Fly home
31st Land in Manchester :(

:banana::banana: So as you can imagine, I am very excited about this holiday :banana::banana:

Another August pre trippie! Us August people are getting all excited!

It all sounds fantastic Mandy! :thumbsup2

Count me in-i love reading pre-trippies+trip reports.May i ask where you bought the uni tickets-were they a good price?.Your itinery sounds great:thumbsup2 .x.

Another August pre trippie! Us August people are getting all excited!

It all sounds fantastic Mandy! :thumbsup2

Verity - It was you that inspired me to write my trippie, after I read yours :)

Count me in-i love reading pre-trippies+trip reports.May i ask where you bought the uni tickets-were they a good price?.Your itinery sounds great:thumbsup2 .x.

I got my Universal tickets from Attraction Tickets Direct, they were £57.00 ea (adult tickets)

Brilliant Mand - take me with you..............please.................. :)

No probs Kaylee, should I leave Kerry or Becky behind ? :rotfl: :rotfl:

sounds fantastic Mandy:goodvibes

Mandy -

I popped by from our cruise board to read your TR - It's great!! I can't wait to finally 'meet' you on the ship!! It's going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!! They'll be ROLLING you aboard after free dining all week at WDW!!! :rotfl2:

BTW - LOVE the pic of the girls!! (and the ship too!)

I see someone else is a BIG JBJ fan!!! WOO HOOO!! :woohoo: LOVE HIM!!! (and the pic in your signature!) :cool1:

See you on the other board Mandy!
Laurie

Kaylee -

This one's for you!

P1030327.jpg

I actually took that pic back in March at the Wachovia Center in Philiadelphia, PA - that was the 3rd time that I saw them on the Lost Highway tour - I've been 'following' him around for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could go on forever about them - I guess that is the advantage of being a "Jersey Girl" - Jon's childhood home was right around the corner from my grandparents!! :banana:

Enough of my rambling! Have a good one - and enjoy the pic!

Laurie

Sounds like it's going to be a fantastic trip Mandy:yay:

They'll be ROLLING you aboard after free dining all week at WDW!!! :rotfl2:

This is what I'm fearing Laurie :rotfl2: Imagine 8 days of free dining, all that food onboard, Palo dinner and Palo brunch, I think for my flight home they'll have to put me in the hold :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Kaylee - This one's for you!

P1030327.jpg

Kaylee's going to love that piccie :thumbsup2

To stop arguements leave them both and take Kaylee and me!

Sounds like a plan Claire :rotfl:

Darn it..... i was going to say that !!

:lmao: :lmao:

Maybe she'll leave Paul and take you instead :)

Now that would be one heck of a holiday !! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Great pre-trippie, Mandy! Sooo many new things going on - I love it!!! :goodvibes Can't wait to read all about it...

Thanks Mandy:thumbsup2 .
Do you know if i can buy the UNI tickets(with a 3rd day free)and not use them till Apr 09?.x.

Kaylee -

This one's for you!

P1030327.jpg

I actually took that pic back in March at the Wachovia Center in Philiadelphia, PA - that was the 3rd time that I saw them on the Lost Highway tour - I've been 'following' him around for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could go on forever about them - I guess that is the advantage of being a "Jersey Girl" - Jon's childhood home was right around the corner from my grandparents!! :banana:

Enough of my rambling! Have a good one - and enjoy the pic!

Laurie

Laurie

Thank you :hug: That picture made my day :) I am seeing Bon Jovi in June a couple of times. How were they on the tour. We saw there one off gig last year in London for Lost Highway - Just loved it. Are you a member of the fan club?

Kx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter