"That poster is unknown?" and other thing....

MiakodaWDW

so happy to finally be a CM!
What the heck does "that poster is unknown" mean? I am having serious issues posting pics on the wall b/c this keeps happening. Half of the time I leave the room and come back it's fine, but ANNOYING.

I also just got a PM that made me feel sad and unwanted...I pm'ed a new DIS and VMK member to welcome them. He/she told me they were 9 and asked my age. I told them 27. I got a rude note backing saying something like, subject: "I got bad news for you" and it said "you have to leave VMK now it is only for ages 8-14 so sorry, but bye Mia."

LOL. I set them straight I think but their English is not very good so we will see. I told them sorry, but half the ppl on VMK are probably adults and most on DIS are. I just tried to welcome and make friends with someone new and that's what I get....(didn't mention name or gender to protect privacy, so don't flame me!)

Feeling unwanted,
:guilty: Mia :guilty:

awe! Mia don't feel unwanted, you are a great addition to the Dis!
i am the same age, so no worries. however very much a kid at heart (well.. not that we are not kids or anything ;)
i've enjoyed seeing you on VMK and dis! and am happy to have you here.
-hugs-

Mia, don't fret. Nothing personal, I'm sure. Maybe he or she has an adult complex, lol. Probably hiding something! :rotfl: If that kid thought YOU were old...oh my! My oldest daughter is almost your age, but I am still a kid at heart, too. Disney is a big part of never growing up in mind and heart, and some just don't get it. Don't let them get you down! :grouphug:

About the Pictures: That has been happening to me too. It is because it didn't fit on the wall were you put it. It is VERY annoying. Yesterday I had to leave vmk entirely four times once everytime I put up a picture. After a long while it worked. Just another bug in vmk.

About the pm: LOL what that kid wrote was the biggest load of bad pixie dust I have heard LOL! My question is not how many adults play but how many kids play?? LOL Most of the time I see that adults are the ones playing. I am 17 so not an adult yet but not in the age range either!!!! That age group is just so that parents know what to expect (sort of like a minimum age more so) :rotfl2: My advice, ignore it and forget it! :teeth: That pm is better off considered as a piece of junk that got mixed in with vmk. Certainly that kid has no Disney "Magic". Don't worry, you are "wanted" on the dis. Anybody who has some "Magic" in their hearts welcomes you entirely to the dis so don't sweat it. LOL. Just laugh hysterically at it!!!!!! :cool1:

About The pm:Awww someone forgot their nap!That dis person may not think vmkers can only be 8-14.Heck,I will be 15 come may and I won't quit!!

-hugs- :grouphug:

LOL, they wrote back to my pm in response to their mean one, and all it said was:

"how do you post pictures?"

still deciding whether or not to bother telling them.....

And yes I still feel very "wanted" here. That pm got me a little down is all :(
Probably all that kid's vmk friends are in their 40's and he/she thinks they are 8-14....LOL

:flower: ~Mia~ :flower:

MiakodaWDW said:
LOL, they wrote back to my pm in response to their mean one, and all it said was:

Probably all that kid's vmk friends are in their 40's and he/she thinks they are 8-14....LOL

I prefer the adult crowd.Almost all my friends are adults now.The adult crowd,i feel are more responsible and polite.Don't get me wrong,I have a lot of kids on my list as well. :banana:

Sorry to here that Mia. But remember, the saftey page in the main VMK site says that anyone can play! not just 8-14. That little 9 year old just forgot to read the details.

MiakodaWDW said:

See, thats what kids do. thay get reakky mad of something at you then they act all nice and friendly like nothng happend.

Loves Disney said:
About the Pictures: That has been happening to me too. It is because it didn't fit on the wall were you put it. It is VERY annoying. Yesterday I had to leave vmk entirely four times once everytime I put up a picture. After a long while it worked. Just another bug in vmk.
I get that picture bug too.

I was even more depressed when my Furniture store was the biggest success ever tonight, but I felt like I was working a real job. I had two very wonderful helpers mousefan (CL_disfaniam) and ilikejenben (and BriarLori at first). If it was not for them I would have truly gone insane. I was already stressed out so much that I finally had to just exit and not come back. Not following rules, waiting in a LOOOOONG line only to not know what they want and then have nothing on them to trade, being mean to each other, asking for my inferno or trying to give me a shirt for a tiki fountain when the rules clearly state furniture only, blah blah blah. Then THAT kid came in and kept trying to talk to me "HI Mia, remember me Mia?" while I was running my butt off. I made some comment like "I thought I was too ancient for you to talk to" and he kept saying to the room "Mi is an a du lt" like, "OMG! She's an adult! Stop the presses! Heck has frozen over!"
Sorry it was annoying yet funny to me at the same time. I eventually booted him for irritating me.

~Mia~

P.S. I really really really hate being mean to kids. I just HAD to tonight. Ask anyone who was there! LOL. ppl telling me "hurry up Miakoda" while I'm running around looking for the expensive items that ppl want for a skeleton at the helm and a philharmagic chair. ERG.

Just make sure one of those kids doesn't report you for "being mean", and send the censor bots after you to make you "go away forever". :sad2:

I have noticed that most of the younger kids are rude. I was in one room and this girl comes in she says "my da da owns vmk" I told her "I have heard that many times from different people." Then, I started to talk to this other kid in the room. After he left, she said I was very mean for not listening to her. She hadn't said anything since that last remark and I replyed to her as said above. She then continued to say "I already reported you." This really annoys me when they say that. The thing is, vmk bans people without really looking over what happened (My sister was banned for NOTHING! seriously, she wasn't even home and they banned her for "Harrassing other players". LOL)

Also, this one kid comes in and says that she is 11. She then starts to get mad at someone else in my room. She continues by saying "-hits girl-" Then they get into the most pathetic thing. They pretend to "fight" on vmk. I told them to stop. Then after, the girl comes over to me and said I was mean because I didn't stop the "fight" and that the other girl had her "pinned" against the wall. She then said, "I am taking you to court." Ok, at home I was laughing to myself. It was just so sad in a pathetic little way. I went to a room where she happene to be and I say her telling someone else that I was mean. She went on and on.

The funny thing of it is, I can't even "boot" people from my room because I feel bad after. It just makes me laugh how some kids think they "rule" vmk and that no adults or older kids should be playing it.

Off Topic: I tried an experiment. I created a boy account and walked through the kingdom. I walked all around Main Street areas. Several of the girls who I didn't even know came up to me and asked if I was "taken". At least three girls from each of the areas asked. I then took my other girl mule (Not a community leader- for purposes of the experiment) and walked around. No one boy came up to me. Either I have a sad looking girl character, or some of the girls on vmk have nothing better to do with a Disney game other than making it a "dating" service. I am a girl, but even so I think it is safe to say that most of the girls over the boys are more annoying, more rude and more "weird." ( I am certainly NOT like that!! LOL) However, most of the boys over the girls seem more ready to scam another player. Of course, these are just my observations lol.

Ok, The reason I posted all this here was because several posts before reminded me of it. LOL

don't be down. 3/4 of my friends on vmk are adults because beleive it or not they actually show more fun and laughter than any of the others I have on my list!

My dis age may be 8 but my real age is 35. I just wanted you to know that I really appreciated the Welcome you gave me when I joined Dis recently. Everyone on this board has been so friendly it really makes things magical.:wizard:

I am very excited to be a part of such a wonderful community. How do I add dis in my signature on VMK without angering the PTB? It seems to be fairly easy to get booted and I don't want that to happen! :teeth:

MiakodaWDW said:
I was even more depressed when my Furniture store was the biggest success ever tonight, but I felt like I was working a real job. I had two very wonderful helpers mousefan (CL_disfaniam) and ilikejenben (and BriarLori at first). If it was not for them I would have truly gone insane. I was already stressed out so much that I finally had to just exit and not come back. Not following rules, waiting in a LOOOOONG line only to not know what they want and then have nothing on them to trade, being mean to each other, asking for my inferno or trying to give me a shirt for a tiki fountain when the rules clearly state furniture only, blah blah blah. Then THAT kid came in and kept trying to talk to me "HI Mia, remember me Mia?" while I was running my butt off. I made some comment like "I thought I was too ancient for you to talk to" and he kept saying to the room "Mi is an a du lt" like, "OMG! She's an adult! Stop the presses! Heck has frozen over!"
Sorry it was annoying yet funny to me at the same time. I eventually booted him for irritating me.

~Mia~

P.S. I really really really hate being mean to kids. I just HAD to tonight. Ask anyone who was there! LOL. ppl telling me "hurry up Miakoda" while I'm running around looking for the expensive items that ppl want for a skeleton at the helm and a philharmagic chair. ERG.

You're way nicer than I probably would have been. At times, I felt like
going Queen of Hearts on them, "Off with their heads!" ;)

It was nice to meet you (and be put to work, LOL!) Don't sweat the kids
freaking out on finding out you're an adult. I have some kids on my list,
but I often have their parents on my list, too. Kids with parents in the
game are more likely to be friends with their parents' adult VMK friends, I've
noticed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter