• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Thanks Disney family! I will definitely research how to get boarding passes before we go and keep our fingers crossed!!! I think we'll keep our plan of 2 days at MK and 1 at all others. If I do decide to add a day it will be for HS just to make sure (or maybe ride RotR twice).
There are several good online videos on best approaches to getting a BG.
They did seem to help. Most are common sense.
Be sure you are ontime, have wifi turned off. Hit join 3 on 3 different screens as fast as you can. As others have said, do NOT read any of the screens. Just hit join.
Good luck,

I agree all of the suggestions already mentioned above (DATA NOT WIFI!!!) The only thing that I have to add is that if this is important to you then you can "Practice" getting a boarding group any day at 7am. You can open the MDE app at 6:59AM and right before 7 you can start tapping the Join button. If it says that you do not have a park reservation then that means you completed the task quickly enough to have gotten a boarding group.

I practiced for about a week before going to Disney (last trip was April/May 2021). I was successful at getting a boarding group at 7am for both days that me and my girlfriend went to hollywood studios. Additionally I was successful at getting a boarding group for her cousins at the 1pm slot when they arrived.

If you have any questions please let me know.
There are several good online videos on best approaches to getting a BG.
They did seem to help. Most are common sense.
Be sure you are ontime, have wifi turned off. Hit join 3 on 3 different screens as fast as you can. As others have said, do NOT read any of the screens. Just hit join.
Good luck,

Just a note that many have reported success using Disney WiFi

For a variety of reasons (for us it's being International visitors), some do not have the option to use data. Others with data found Disney WiFi to be better than their personal data.

I just don't want people who don't have data to count themselves out of the running. Both options have been successful.

Just a note that many have reported success using Disney WiFi

For a variety of reasons (for us it's being International visitors), some do not have the option to use data. Others with data found Disney WiFi to be better than their personal data.

I just don't want people who don't have data to count themselves out of the running. Both options have been successful.
Certainly agree that if using data is not an option, then I would use wifi.
Some may have had success with wifi, but I just find their wifi spotty. Seems much worse in the parks, but still have had issues in the resorts as well.

Regarding: "Multiple people in your MDE friends and family group can try for a BG at the same time."

Headed to HS with four adults and one child.

- Should we each try for a BP on our phones using the same MDE account (my account)
OR
- Should we each try for a BP on our phones using our individual MDE accounts (we are all linked as Family & Friends)

From reading the posts on all 19 pages (y'all do not play around when it comes to WDW, I love it!) it seems like using the same MDE account is what people typically do. I did see where one group used their individual MDE accounts and different people in the party got different boarding times and they had sweet-talk the customer service folks to group them together.

First trip to Walt Disney World and we are blown away by all of the research and sharing that members of this board provide - many thanks!

I have two people in my friends & family list who are not going on this trip. They do not (obviously) have park reservations, but I cannot remove them online, I keep getting a message that I have to call. I do not want to call because the wait times lately have been abysmal. Will these two people impede our ability to join the queue quickly?

If you really want to remove them, I recommend the chat function on disneyworld.com (available from https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/phone/) for fixing issues with Friends & Family lists. The agents on there are good at helping with these, and you don't have to call.

Regarding: "Multiple people in your MDE friends and family group can try for a BG at the same time."

Headed to HS with four adults and one child.

- Should we each try for a BP on our phones using the same MDE account (my account)
OR
- Should we each try for a BP on our phones using our individual MDE accounts (we are all linked as Family & Friends)

From reading the posts on all 19 pages (y'all do not play around when it comes to WDW, I love it!) it seems like using the same MDE account is what people typically do. I did see where one group used their individual MDE accounts and different people in the party got different boarding times and they had sweet-talk the customer service folks to group them together.

First trip to Walt Disney World and we are blown away by all of the research and sharing that members of this board provide - many thanks!
You can do it either way.

I read post 1 but this isn’t mentioned. I know you have to have entered the park for a 1pm chance. I thought I read that the 1 pm attempt can occur from anywhere as long as you’ve already swiped in. Is this the case? If so can one person out of the party swipe or is everyone required?

I read post 1 but this isn’t mentioned. I know you have to have entered the park for a 1pm chance. I thought I read that the 1 pm attempt can occur from anywhere as long as you’ve already swiped in. Is this the case? If so can one person out of the party swipe or is everyone required?

From post 1, ‘At 7AM you may try to make a boarding group from any location. At 1pm, you must make your BG from inside the park or if you tap in before 1pm, you can make the BG from outside the park.’

Also, Everyone in your party must go to the park and tap in.

Morning! So I tried a test today. I was able to get a successful "no park reservation" message.
Here's some background:
home wifi (running at 80-90), iphone 12 (all apps closed), did not use a more specific clock (checked yesterday and my phone time was rather exact)

I did click through at a "regular" (slower) pace and it worked out this time. I DID have to "select all" (and then deselect one) as I was the only one in the party and then added too many.

All that being said, I went back after to try again (time still said 7:00) and the BG were filled. It really is crazy how it seems that you have one chance and one second to get this done!!!!

My son and I are staying at Pop. I have T-Mobile, only have 1 bar sitting here in bed. So I’ve used Disney’s WiFi both of our HS days and got a BG for us both times. I’m on an iPhone 11, I practiced at home several times before our trip.

We had BG 32 Monday and BG 35 today.

Obviously since I’ve been successful, I have a different perspective than someone who wasn’t.But the virtual queue is far better for us than wasting the entire day in a single line.

It’s been bad enough waiting in these lines without a FastPass for any of them (besides the BG for ROTR). Even if this ride weren’t so incredibly done, it might still be my favorite just because we don’t have an hour plus wait. 😆

Party of 16, one day at HS. I’ve practiced many times and gave the adults a training session last night. 5 adults were on mission this morning. Teenager rolls out of bed at 6:55 and asks what do I do?? She needed to download the app, get the email code to log in, etc. I had to declare radio silence 30 seconds before as my father-in-law likes to talk a lot and was distracting us. Success!!! Group 44. Of course it was the teenager that rolled out of bed and didn’t even have the app 5 minutes before that got it. 😆

Two things to note:
* Be sure everyone clicks the first join button at least once before the real test. Some people had an extra confirm screen they had to click through the first time.
* We were all logged into our own MDE accounts. I’ve seen people have success all logged into the same account so I wanted to post a case where different accounts had success too.

We are offsite at a big house (Encore Resort). WiFi is fantastic here, we all used that. WAY faster than cell (we have Verizon).

4 of us (including me) have experienced it once in January 2020, it will be a first for everyone else. Can’t wait!

Party of 16, one day at HS. I’ve practiced many times and gave the adults a training session last night. 5 adults were on mission this morning. Teenager rolls out of bed at 6:55 and asks what do I do?? She needed to download the app, get the email code to log in, etc. I had to declare radio silence 30 seconds before as my father-in-law likes to talk a lot and was distracting us. Success!!! Group 44. Of course it was the teenager that rolled out of bed and didn’t even have the app 5 minutes before that got it. 😆

Two things to note:
* Be sure everyone clicks the first join button at least once before the real test. Some people had an extra confirm screen they had to click through the first time.
* We were all logged into our own MDE accounts. I’ve seen people have success all logged into the same account so I wanted to post a case where different accounts had success too.

4 of us (including me) have experienced it once in January 2020, it will be a first for everyone else. Can’t wait!
Great news!!! LOL, leave it to the teen and their speedy fingers! :)

Feels like the ride is struggling today. Monday we were called around noon for BG 70. Today at 11 they are only at BG 26…and seem to be loading only 2-3 at one time.

I tried the 6:59:58 method someone mentioned previously for clicking the first join. This did NOT work. But I was still able to do a quick refresh, join, select all, join for another successful practice. I will wait until 7:00:00 going forward unless I see a change here.

I tried the 6:59:58 method someone mentioned previously for clicking the first join. This did NOT work. But I was still able to do a quick refresh, join, select all, join for another successful practice. I will wait until 7:00:00 going forward unless I see a change here.
For yourself and others, I would recommend pulling up time.gov on your phone. On the screen displayed, in the lower right corner in a black box it will automatically display the amount of time your phone differs from the official time.

Some phones will have a bigger time difference than others which is why some need to click at 6:59:59.

I would recommend looking at that as opposed to what others finds works for them as the clock on their phone will be different from the clock on your phone.

Attachments

• 870B2DBF-2830-4A5E-8CD4-B71E85971B68.png
    870B2DBF-2830-4A5E-8CD4-B71E85971B68.png
    106 KB · Views: 14
  • DE6364FA-ED81-4649-B401-0E82483B6E2F.png
    DE6364FA-ED81-4649-B401-0E82483B6E2F.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
We tried for the first time today and it never would let me advance to the third join, even after I clicked select all- ugh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter