Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Second HS day. Waited till 7 popped up on the phone. Got group 28 today. Got group 38 last week. Automatically added all my party. Have latest update

Thanks for the update.

Post 1 has been updated advising that nothing has changed on the day you have a park reservation but when practicing it will be necessary to select someone to proceed.

Yes
this is new. You may want to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if it corrects the problem.

I have face recognition on my phone also but it isn’t stopping to do a scan.

The only new thing I’ve had to add since the update is clicking select all before the final Join.

Hopefully reinstalling helps.
Thanks for the reply. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice and it didn't fix it. I'll try again at 1pm and hope for the best!

Tried my 1st practice attempt at 1pm.

I clicked the "Join" button right at 1pm ( according to the TimeAndDate website ). I got the "Select your Party" page next....and then the "Is everyone in the Park?" page.

Does that mean that it would have worked and I would have gotten the boarding pass?

If I have 4 phones doing the same thing at the same time and somehow get 2 to 4 phones landing on that page....will that cause any conflict with trying to get a Boarding Group?

I know that it's a matter of timing, but I'm trying to understand if that will cause any problems with getting the boarding pass.

I just wanted to report back for people who are worried about having a large group and/or having multiple people connected via MDE.

We were at WDW with a group of 18 people total. Of those 18, 17 were ticketed as 1 was under 3. In addition to the 17 people I was hoping to get a BG for, I am also connected via MDE to at least 5 more that were not on this trip.

We had 2 days with park reservations for Hollywood Studios. I was the only person in our group trying and I have an iPhone XS on AT&T. We were staying at OKW, so each DHS day, I went outside and found good signal to attempt to get a group at 7am on data. I was not successful at 7am either day, even with using the seconds on my apple watch. However, I was able to secure a group for all of us during the 1pm drop both days. The first day, I got BG 140 and we rode about 5:45pm. The second day I got BG 109 and we rode about 4:45 (there was some ride down time that day). I did not have any difficulty or errors with MDE and having an under 3 kiddo and people not on the trip connected. The app only pulled those with a park reservation for that day and it grabbed everyone without difficulty.

If you don't get a ROTR BG at 700am can you change your park reservation to another park for the day if another park is available. is there a cut off time to change your park reservations or does trying to get a BP count as going to the park?

If you don't get a ROTR BG at 700am can you change your park reservation to another park for the day if another park is available. is there a cut off time to change your park reservations or does trying to get a BP count as going to the park?
Yes, you can change park passes in your scenario.

They are only boarding groups 1-18 at 10:00, isn’t that behind the usual? I didn’t see any loading until after 9:00, but I also wasn’t checking immediately because we were rushing to other rides.

They are only boarding groups 1-18 at 10:00, isn’t that behind the usual? I didn’t see any loading until after 9:00, but I also wasn’t checking immediately because we were rushing to other rides.
Maybe slightly, but looks like now we're up to 15-30 just 40 minutes later, so the first 14 groups were definitely called more than an hour ago. I'd say they're keeping a normal pace.

I have 3 people traveling with me and 4 we will meet at HS. I have sent an invitation to join plans to the people we will meet there. We want to try for a boarding group and maybe make a dinning reservation together. 2 of the people are still showing invite pending although they have accepted the invite .I resent accepted again. Still showing pending. If we have several people trying for boarding group, will they be excluded?

Thank you for all the tips/explanations! I just got BG 32 for myself and our 9 year old. We’re at Pop Century on Disney WiFi on my iPhone 11. This is our trip we were supposed to take last May, specifically because we wanted to see Galaxy’s Edge.

He was excited enough to get out of bed, without me nagging, to get ready for the day. 😆

Thank you for all the tips/explanations! I just got BG 32 for myself and our 9 year old. We’re at Pop Century on Disney WiFi on my iPhone 11. This is our trip we were supposed to take last May, specifically because we wanted to see Galaxy’s Edge.

He was excited enough to get out of bed, without me nagging, to get ready for the day. 😆
BG 50 this am. 21 year old got it on ATT on iPhone 11. Join join join method. Can confirm we were all pre selected unlike in practice.

Great news for both of you!! Thanks for the confirmation that you were pre-selected.

Post 1 has been updated with the current process for those with park reservations as well as those practising.

FYI for people with BGs today. We checked in and are in line and the ride has gone down. We’re grateful to be out of the sun and in the a/c. We had BG32.

FYI for people with BGs today. We checked in and are in line and the ride has gone down. We’re grateful to be out of the sun and in the a/c. We had BG32.
Yep. We were 50 and got called just before noon so it’s been a bumpy start today! I do believe we had the full preshow though… such a great ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter