• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Maybe the difference is that ninafeliz does have a park pass reservation for today. . . but at Epcot, not DHS. Maybe the system treats people who have reservations at the "wrong" park differently from those who don't have reservations at all.

Yep - I wasn't selected like I have been in previous practices, either. Hoping it's just a glitch for today - like when people have been able to get boarding groups without having a reservation or being the parks.

I wasn't selected at 7:00 and did not have a successful practice. Same just happened, but I knew to click on my name and then click join. Was successful. Glitch? Or cutting down on practicing?

We will continue to monitor and update Post 1 if this new change of needing to select yourself to practice remains.

Can anyone who is in the park today please confirm if their party was still pre-selected to get a BG?

FYI. When I was practicing from home today no one was pre-selected.
Same. Both at 7:00 and 1 The 1:00 practice Used Face ID to log me in. It was weird. There is a MDE update. Maybe it was because it wasn’t latest update.? I just updated.

Last edited:

Figures it happened the day before we can actually try- but at least not our big DHS day with all of us, that’s Sunday. Tomorrow we are swimming at the BC, and if we get a BG those of us with APs will go ride. If this continues and I hit select all, but everyone doesn’t have a park pass, is there a one button choice to remove them and keep going or is the only option to back out and try again ( and then obviously miss)? It will take too long to choose 11 out of 14, and I can’t remove the other 3 (plus later this trip 2 people are leaving so then they won’t be trying for our second DHS day amd it will be 9 of 14). I hope it’s a glitch, or if you do have a park pass it still preselects for you.

Figures it happened the day before we can actually try- but at least not our big DHS day with all of us, that’s Sunday. Tomorrow we are swimming at the BC, and if we get a BG those of us with APs will go ride. If this continues and I hit select all, but everyone doesn’t have a park pass, is there a one button choice to remove them and keep going or is the only option to back out and try again ( and then obviously miss)? It will take too long to choose 11 out of 14, and I can’t remove the other 3 (plus later this trip 2 people are leaving so then they won’t be trying for our second DHS day amd it will be 9 of 14). I hope it’s a glitch, or if you do have a park pass it still preselects for you.
If it works as before, only those with a park reservation tomorrow will be selected. Are there any without APs who have a park reservation for tomorrow?

If not, you should be good to go.

Same. Both at 7:00 and 1 The 1:00 practice Used Face ID to log me in. It was weird. There is a MDE update. Maybe it was because it wasn’t latest update.? I just updated.
Mine also needed to be selected, and I had the update already. Hoping someone in the par/with a park pass will report back!

For the record, this is similar to how the Disneyland app works, no one is preselected when practicing, only day of reservation. However, they don’t use F&F list so it always made sense. Will be interesting in wdw decided to match what DL was already doing.

If this is the new normal, does anyone know if you can just select join 3x with only your name selected and they will allow the rest of your party to board too? Or do all the party members need to be selected?

If this is the new normal, does anyone know if you can just select join 3x with only your name selected and they will allow the rest of your party to board too? Or do all the party members need to be selected?
You are confusing 2 different things.

Today, people who were PRACTISING were not pre-selected and needed to select themselves to practice.

Nobody has reported any changes to actually getting a BG the day you have a park reservation.

All guests in a party need to have a BG to ride.

I have a few questions about how to get the boarding pass for ROTR based off of the instructions from the 1st page:

2) At 7am or 1pm Click join, then join, then join.
I'm trying to get a clearer picture of what happens after I click "join" for the 1st time and we don't get it on that 1st attempt.

After I click "join" for the 1st time and assuming that I don't get it on the 1st attempt, will some pop-up message pop up showing that I didn't get the boarding pass on my 1st attempt at joining the boarding group and that I have to clear that "pop up" message to try again?

or

Is it that I just continually click the "join" button without any pause ( because there won't be some "Boarding group is full, click OK to try again" box that will appear that I have to clear first ) to try for my next attempt?

I assume that if there is some pop-up message that I'd have to clear it before I can click the "join" button again. If not, then I can just continually push the "join" button.

-Time is of the essence. Boarding groups can fill up in as little as 2 seconds.

-All members of your MDE friends and family who have a park reservation for Disney's Hollywood Studios for that day, should automatically show up while you are hitting join. If you stop to click and unclick people, you most likely will not get a BG.
From what I understand; if you have 4 family members on your reservation where each has their own phone, all 4 phones can be used to login to the MDE App and try ( at the same time ) to get the boarding pass.

Can all 4 phones login to the MDE with the same primary account that the reservation is listed under at the same time ( where the account has all 4 linked members of the party )?

or

Do we have to have 4 separate email accounts while somehow linking that account to all 4 members of the party ) and then try to join the boarding group?

I assume that we can all login on 4 separate phones using the MDE App while logging with the single account....but I wanted to be sure.

-At 7AM you may try to make a boarding group from any location. At 1pm, you must make your BG from inside the park or if you tap in before 1pm, you can make the BG from outside the park.

-Presently, if Disney's Hollywood Studios isn't the park of your reservation, you won't be able to get a BG if you start somewhere else and park hop to DHS.

-Guests may only join one BG in a day.

-Having a BG does not guarantee you'll get to ride. There are times where it breaksdown, closes, or parts of the attraction close.

-The notification you receive will show your return window, it gives you an hour.

-Multiple people in your MDE friends and family group can try for a BG at the same time.

Can I practice from home?
-Yes!
-Just keep in mind that only your name will show up as a rider choice during a practice run.
-If you see the screen that says, 'Wait a minute. Is everyone in the park?' this will have been a successful practice.

You can also try for a boarding group by clicking Check Status, and following the prompts.
When practicing at home, am I able to practicing at 1pm from home as well?

From what I read here, it sounds like the 1pm BG attempt can only be attempted when you are physically in the park.

I have a few questions about how to get the boarding pass for ROTR based off of the instructions from the 1st page:

I'm trying to get a clearer picture of what happens after I click "join" for the 1st time and we don't get it on that 1st attempt.

After I click "join" for the 1st time and assuming that I don't get it on the 1st attempt, will some pop-up message pop up showing that I didn't get the boarding pass on my 1st attempt at joining the boarding group and that I have to clear that "pop up" message to try again?

or

Is it that I just continually click the "join" button without any pause ( because there won't be some "Boarding group is full, click OK to try again" box that will appear that I have to clear first ) to try for my next attempt?

I assume that if there is some pop-up message that I'd have to clear it before I can click the "join" button again. If not, then I can just continually push the "join" button.

From what I understand; if you have 4 family members on your reservation where each has their own phone, all 4 phones can be used to login to the MDE App and try ( at the same time ) to get the boarding pass.

Can all 4 phones login to the MDE with the same primary account that the reservation is listed under at the same time ( where the account has all 4 linked members of the party )?

or

Do we have to have 4 separate email accounts while somehow linking that account to all 4 members of the party ) and then try to join the boarding group?

I assume that we can all login on 4 separate phones using the MDE App while logging with the single account....but I wanted to be sure.

When practicing at home, am I able to practicing at 1pm from home as well?

From what I read here, it sounds like the 1pm BG attempt can only be attempted when you are physically in the park.
1. You don't get the "BG full" message until you click the last join.
2. Everyone can log into the same MDE account
3. You do not have to be physically in the park at 1. You can practice from anywhere (same process as 7am). To actually get a BG at 1pm, you do have to tap into the park before 1.

this may be a dumb question, but are the "join" buttons that you have to hit in quick succession in the same area of the screen? I see the first one on the main screen of the MDE app, but I guess I'm nervous about not seeing the next two that need to be hit. Maybe it will just be obvious? Just nervous, as we currently only have a park reservation for HS for one day (trying to decide if we need to add a day to our base ticket and get a reservation for HS on our "fly home" day as back-up?) Also - is it true that you shouldn't check to make sure your party is all accounted for and just do the join-join-join approach? Thanks for any advice/answers.

this may be a dumb question, but are the "join" buttons that you have to hit in quick succession in the same area of the screen? I see the first one on the main screen of the MDE app, but I guess I'm nervous about not seeing the next two that need to be hit. Maybe it will just be obvious?
The 2nd join button is around 1/3 of the way down, the 3rd button is at the bottom. Practicing ahead of time (see post 1) is a huge help to get familiar with the screens.

Also - is it true that you shouldn't check to make sure your party is all accounted for and just do the join-join-join approach? Thanks for any advice/answers.
Yes

2 for 2 on our trip. Got BG 43 this morning. On Disney wifi again on my bed. I stayed in my lucky spot from two days ago. Screens were all the same. I haven’t practiced since being here though so can’t speak to the practice screens.

Your group was preselected as normal, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter