• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell us your claims to fame (however dull)

My DD18’s boss is a retired MLB player.

When I was pregnant with DD23 we befriended an Indy Car driver and his family and they used to let me sit with them in the garage at The Indianapolis Motor Speedway while DH was out and about - that was pretty cool.

The older brother from The Wonder Years (I don’t remember his name) hung out with us at a club in downtown Chicago - that was about 25 years ago.

Gosh, the only thing I can think of is that when the bellman was loading our bags onto the luggage cart in our GF room, he told us it was the one Kelly Ripa and John Stamos each always stay in.

We'd been upgraded to it so had thought that exciting enough since it was a Castle view room. Little did we know we'd been "sharing" a room with such celebrities.

I told Kriss Kross that they’ll never be big unless they wear their jeans backwards. It was a total joke, but they bought it!

I sang the National Anthem for an MLB game when I was 13.

I met John Travolta and his family when I was competing in a Miss Hawaiian Tropic contest - he was observing, and I was the only contestant brave enough to actually go say hello. He was very nice, and said he'd cheer for me.

I was recently in a commercial that aired nationwide during the Olympics (July 2021).

And this was technically a miss but still a funny one.... I was offered the opportunity to audition for Katniss in the Hunger Games. A casting agent thought I was an excellent fit for the role. I declined because I had never heard of it, and it sounded like eating disorder propaganda.

I was in the "Jesse Owens Story" which was filmed in the early/mid 80's and starring Danny Glover as Jesse. One of the scenes was filmed at Mirror Lake on the Ohio State campus and a buddy and I were sitting on a bench as he walked by dressed and in full make-up as "old man Jesse".

I'll be signing autographs at noon, 2:00 and 4:00 pm.

I was in South Beach on a girl's trip and went to the Red Room. When we walked by the VIP area Jamie Foxx was standing at the entrance. He reached out and grabbed my butt and when I turned around he winked. Then he headed back into VIP never to be seen again. I still use that story when we do 2 truths and a lie as icebreakers and people always think it's a lie which I should probably take offense to.....lol

When I was around 12, I was in a few acting things....a couple of Nickelodeon shows as an "extra"...was a contestant on the game show "Outta Here" (note that the contestants were 2 full bleachers of kids), was an extra in the John Goodman movie "Matinee" and was also in a Wizard of Oz production once.

I also had a thing filmed at my house with an assistant producer at Nickelodeon with 2 aspiring actresses, one named Arian Ash who did a few movies over the years, and someone you may have heard of: Melissa Joan Hart. This was just before she starred in Clarissa Explains it All.

Stared in this commercial at age 4 for the local apple orchard. My mom knew nothing about it until a little friend told his mom he saw me on t.v. It ran in the Boston Market area. I'm the little blond in the beginning and later my dad is holding me and we are eating apples. I finally found the man that produced the commercial in Sept and he shared it with me. The owners had called my dad over (we lived behind them) to have a drink. :Dhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/4yfhq8o9vmuto7e/Allen%20Farm%20spots%201980.mov?dl=0

Stared in this commercial at age 4 for the local apple orchard. My mom knew nothing about it until a little friend told his mom he saw me on t.v. It ran in the Boston Market area. I'm the little blond in the beginning and later my dad is holding me and we are eating apples. I finally found the man that produced the commercial in Sept and he shared it with me. The owners had called my dad over (we lived behind them) to have a drink. :Dhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/4yfhq8o9vmuto7e/Allen%20Farm%20spots%201980.mov?dl=0
I couldn't figure out how to link it.

I have no fame, but my dad was well known in our fairly small town so I was "×'s daughter." As the youngest in the family at school I was also "x's little sister." I loved it when I went to college and was just me.

My father won half a million dollars from "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" back in the mid-2000s. I remember having to wait a pretty hefty chunk of time for a million dollar question to be chosen, as they weren't expecting anybody to reach that point. Jeff Foxworthy told his classic "You might be a redneck" jokes while we waited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter