• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about birkenstocks

I just bought a pair of Birkenstocks yesterday and I love them! They will be uncomfortable to wear for the first month because you have to break them in so they'll mold to your feet.

This is only my second day wearing them, can't wait till they are broken in, because right now they are very uncomfortable! My fiance' did warn me about that, he had a pair of Birks for 5 years. He loves them, but he left his pair in the car on a hot day and all the glue and cork came apart! Oh, well. He'll buy another pair soon. :)

When I'm at WDW, I like to have my feet fully supported by shoes. I wore sandles on my last trip for 2 straight days in the parks. I regret doing that! Never had such sore feet in my entire life!

Diznee25

I too love my birks. Two years ago my daughter was in Europe and picked my up a pair cheap. My son is going this summer and I hope he will remember his dear old mom and pick me up another pair, different color.

That said, I wouldn't wear mine to WDW. Last summer I discovered Nike Straprunners. Even convinced my DH to get a pair. They were great. We had lots of rain and never got water logged. Also cheaper than most others. Am planning on wearing them in just 25 short days. In fact, I better get out tonight to get a second pair. I have found that having two pairs of the same shoe makes them last longer and feel better and fresher.

Both my husband and myself love our birks. We both wear them throughout our WDW trips. They are so comfortable. Couldn't imagine having anything else on my feet.

I'm a senior citizen with several foot problems and I bought my first pair of Birks 3 or 4 months ago. I would never have thought I could ever wear them but I love them. I bought them from a shop that really specializes in fitting shoes. They have at least 2 styles that have a soft insole that you do not have to break in. I bought one of these. I did not actually wear them in the parks but I wore them to DD and the shopping centers, etc. where I did a lot of walking. I also wear Tevas and Eccos.

Great sandals.Long day on your feet try socks forget what it looks like.

I bought my first and only pair of birkenstocks from qvc last year for our disney trip. I just loved them. Happy walking!!!

I love my Birkenstocks. I am hurt and offended by the references to sexual orientation in this thread though. This was totally unnecessary and one would hope that folks would know better in this day and age. Would you have even considerd linking race or ethnicity with shoes? I don't think so. The purpose of this thread was to inquire as to our opinions with regard to Birkenstock sandals, not to allow someone to assert their heterosexuality or to speculate as to "are they are aren't they?" by looking at someone's footwear. By the way, I have over a dozen pair of Birkis( none with backstraps!) and I wear them to WDW all time. I've been lucky in that I don't ever have to "break them in", but as the foot rests differently in them, if you are new to the brand, it might be advisable to wear them at home first. QVC's prices are great, but their operators are not knowledgable about the size conversions, and may steer you to a size that might be a bit small for the proper "Birk" fit. As an example. for an American Ladies size 9, the European Birk size would be a 40; that allows for the heel to sit "down" in the heel cup and not slide off of the back.

Lighten up--the story was meant to be amusing, not derogotory. We are all Disney addicts here and you're worried about a story related to shoes--most of us have heard much worse that that said about our yearly trips to the Mouse!!

To the subject at hand: My pair of Birks is such an uncomfortable shoe, I think I was robbed. Now I wear nothing but Clark's and Mephisto sandals and my feet never get tired or ache in them, like they did in the Birks. The problem with the birks is that they feel like they have a ridge in them that hits the front part of my arch and eventually forms a blister there. Two years ago the blisters broke and I left a blood trail without even knowing it! So, no, they are not suitable at WDW, in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter