• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Teens (with little kids hearts) in the park

I have two teenagers...the oldest is almost 19. They both pin traded every single day of our vacation in July. The CMs were great and never batted an eye! If he really likes pin trading try to head over to AKL when King Pin is there. My kids love him and his many, many, many trading pins...It's always a highlight of our trip for them. We do lunch at Sanaa and make time for King Pin!

Honestly my biggest fear, he's had enough of being bullied, it would break my heart to see that in our happy place

How did you go from not getting attention from CMs and characters to being bullied? I'm confused - the two quotes that you had with this aren't even part of the thread? Was that a mistake?

How did you go from not getting attention from CMs and characters to being bullied? I'm confused - the two quotes that you had with this aren't even part of the thread? Was that a mistake?

The first quote appears to be from another thread, which sometimes happens with multiquotes.

However the second quote is in reply to the person directly above her, who said, "Don't worry about anyone passing judgement..."

I read her reply to that as, "My son has been bullied enough in school, I don't want him to have to deal with being judged harshly here, too." It seemed pretty clear to me that the OP was concerned about mean comments and judgmental attitudes, not just lack of attention from characters.

The first quote appears to be from another thread, which sometimes happens with multiquotes.

However the second quote is in reply to the person directly above her, who said, "Don't worry about anyone passing judgement..."

I read her reply to that as, "My son has been bullied enough in school, I don't want him to have to deal with being judged harshly here, too." It seemed pretty clear to me that the OP was concerned about mean comments and judgmental attitudes, not just lack of attention from characters.
Magpie that's it exactly. The last thing he would need it to be given a rough time because he was percived to be "too old"

Sorry for any confusion others might have had

When my son and his friends were 13/14 years old they went to Crystal Palace for breakfast by themselves. He said it was the BEST character interaction he has ever had. Those characters know exactly how to interact with teens (and adults!). Piglet "stole" one of their phones and walked around taking selfies with it. At one point Pooh had all of them jumping up and down.

My son was 13 when the Anna Elsa meet and greet had just started at Epcot and had enormous lines. He surprised me by getting in line "for me" and then texting me when he was fairly close to the front. He said he did it for me but he was pretty excited to meet them both - and they both made a huge fuss over him. Some of the best pictures we have from WDW!

My son is 17 now and STILL gets in line for character meet and greets.

Oh, and he will still pin trade as well!

Honestly my biggest fear, he's had enough of being bullied, it would break my heart to see that in our happy place
I’m sorry your son has had to endure bullying. I endured years of bullying as a child. Disney Workd is a safe place. The characters will be happy to interact with your son just like any other kid or adult. Pin trading is not exclusively for children. In fact there are some pretty serious adult traders! Have a great vacation!

No worries!! The characters are very good at "reading" guests, and will interact with anyone who interacts back. Age is not a factor in Disney World!

And the CMs will definitely pin trade with your DS - plus, now random little kids might think he's a CM and ask too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter