Tanya & Dan's VR DCL!!!Dec 4, 2009 MK & Epcot Photoshoot Pics Posted

very nice!!!!! and very funny about the carriage!! Where were you for the home ceremony? And I love the old man following you....how sweet was that! It is so nice to hear from people that have been marriage for so long comment on how long we have been married and to see that it really does work if you stick it out. And I think renewing our vows, reminding each other of what it means to be married, has a big hand in keeping it all together.

cheryl

I totally agree! It really helps to put things into perspective and reminds us about the important things in life.

We were at Gilchrist Park in Punta Gorda, FL. It is a city owned public park and you have to go through the city to reserve things. They have just said that it was a clerical error for the overbooking that day and have done nothing to remedy it. No one will return phone calls.

Hey Tanya! I am sorry that your at home reception was not exactly what you wanted :( but when I saw you in Disney after your MK/epcot shoot you looked great! Love those pictures, they really came out very nice.

Thanks! I love our pics. Amy (photographer) did a great job. And thanks about the reception. We know our family well enough to know that things can get a little hairy. It's one of the reasons we didn't tell them about the cruise until after the fact. :rotfl:

I so wished that we had brought our camera in that morning so I could have gotten a picture with you, but we were sooo tired after that shoot. It was really nice to have met you though!!!

Tanya! You're Mk and Epcot just amazing!!! Love them I think some of favorites are the ones with the mask in the Italian gift shop.
:( I'm sorry that the at home reception wasn't the best. However there are some really nice pictures. I love how the older man followed your wedding. I got a little tear when he said that he got married as well on that day. I totally thought too of UP. That was such a great movie. Also, I love the special moment and tribute for Michael. :hug:
Thanks! I have to tell you that DH had pneumonia when we were taking those pics and being in the cold kept making him cough even more. So he hates the faces he's making in those pics b/c he's trying to hold still and not cough. I personally like them.

And I love Up. I totally did not think I would like it until the kids made me sit and watch it with them.
I LOVE your MK and Epcot pics, I'll have to look for that mask in Italy or one like it, it's gorgeous!

I have no words for what happened at the at home reception. I have no idea if my soon to be inlaws will enjoy half the stuff at our wedding but I know WE will and that's the important thing, right. You guys noticed the details and enjoyed yourselves (for the most part)

True, true. Well said!

Tanya- Gorgeous gorgeous pics from MK and Epcot, I love love them! I haven't been on the boards in forever and a half...so I am still get caught up, just went through the last 6 pages. So sorry about your reception. That is just horrible! I've contemplated cancelling our VR on DCL for next year, it's just so expensive, but then I see your pics, and it gets me all excited all over again. What to do... anyways... Love the pics, and sorry again about your home reception. :(

Go for the VR! It's amazing. I saw your posts on the Dooney thread and wondered what you were doing about your VR. Everyone on the cruise ship was just wonderful!

The pics from your photoshoot are beautiful!

Sorry that things didn't go to plan for your at-home reception:sad1:.

Thanks! I'm over it now, and just enjoying all the fun parts about it. Plus I have our amazing cruise VR. And thanks about the pics. We had so much fun!

Seriously late in the game - but here are pics of the mickey program fans and our invitations:

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0074copy.jpg

DSC_0076copy.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

I also made a 100pg photobook! Crazy, I know. But it has all of our photos in it from our Cruise, including the VR. This one I ordered through Picaboo, and it was the 1st time I have used them. The quality is excellent, but it was a little pricier than some of the other companies that I normally use.

I haven't done anything at all yet with the reception pics. I need to get on that. I also just ordered a smaller book from Artscow for FREE with a coupon. That one has all my MK & Epcot pics in it, and I can't wait for it to get here.

Here are some pics of the cruise book:

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

Love the VR book!!! I can imagine a 100 pg book was quite pricey, just the 20 page ones are...But hey it's only your 10 yr VR on DCL once right?? It looks great!!!

I saw your post on Dooney too, and thought man I am so far behind on my disboards! LOL...Dang that darn dooney thread... I want like all of them now. Good thing I'll be at DL this weekend I guess. HAHA

the fans and invites look great! I also really love how your book came out....i know how long those take to put together so I am very impressed with your 100 pages! (I have too many of these to make in my future..) Can't wait to see the one with your MK & Epcot photos.

Thanks! I love our pics. Amy (photographer) did a great job. And thanks about the reception. We know our family well enough to know that things can get a little hairy. It's one of the reasons we didn't tell them about the cruise until after the fact. :rotfl:

I so wished that we had brought our camera in that morning so I could have gotten a picture with you, but we were sooo tired after that shoot. It was really nice to have met you though!!!

And probably freezing also since it was sooo cold! I wish I pulled out my carmera also! I was having a tough morning also being that my mom had just left to be with my grandpa who passed away that afternoon. I barely took any pictures. It was still great to meet you also!

OMG :worship: Love love love your photobook! That is just amazing! Your crafts are amazing. Those are awesome :)

k i've been mia from your thread for a bit...too busy booking disney! lol i love love love the photo book, it looks great, what a wonderful keepsake! now i gotta go catch up on the rest of your pages i've missed!

oh tanya! no wonder you're having health issues, that was a lot to go through for your at home reception! everything looked wonderful despite all the issues. i still can't get over your family tho! i esp. loved the balloon release for michael. so very sweet.

Your pictures are gorgeous! I hope all is well. I must say the pictures of you guys in Magic Kingdom in your gown makes me get tears in my eyes! They're breathtaking & must say my one wish is to have pictures of my DF & I in front of that in our wedding attire. Keep our fingers crossed!

Best of luck! xo*

mk7.jpg

Here is my necklace! I saw some other DISbrides with it in their PJ, and I had to steal the idea! It is too cute! Now - off to look for earrings that will match that and my tiara...

Oh I love this necklace. i am rolling through your PTR but wanted to know if you would share. I need this for my VR!!!!
Love all of your details

Is it possible for you to tell me where you got that graphic for your invitations of Mickey and Minnie in front of the castle with the fireworks?! I LOVE it! And am obsessed with using silhouettes for our wedding!

Ok I finished your report.
OH MY you are a very strong and amazing woman. I cannot believe all that you did and all that you went through. God Bless you, your DH and your children. All of your details were amazing and even if your family didn't care about them at your home reception I can say that all of here did and your work is inspirational! I am doing a vow renewal in 2013! I may have to borrow some of these ideas!!!! Thank you so much for sharing.

I haven't been on here in FOREVER!!! So sorry to everyone who posted questions. I earned my Master's Degree, so I was really, really busy. Plus my photography business has taken on a life of it's own. I have gotten loads better at photographing, and have really moved up to a whole new level, and it has kept me super busy.

My necklace if anyone is still interested came off of ebay from China. I have no idea who the seller is anymore but if you do a search on there, it should pop up. If I find the seller, I'll post a link to it.

The graphics I used came from a disigner on the creative disigns board. Go to their forum and look around. Many of them are very helpful and will create all sorts of stuff for you. I tried designing a few things for some other brides and gave up!! LOL. I sooo cannot work photoshop and illustrator like that. Simple yes. Pictures, yes. Crazy design artwork - ummm big fat NO!

It's crazy b/c I just dropped off my dress today to be cleaned. :eek: It has sat wadded up in a bag for the past two years. Still looked pretty damn good when I dropped it off though. I haven't decided what I am going to do with it though. I think I might try Lurkyloo's version of preserving it. I paid big bucks to have my 1st one preserved and I'm at a loss of what to do with it. ALTHOUGH - I could have sold it to Princess Catherine. Seriously. Her dress looked exactly like my dress from 12 years ago. :rotfl:

I might sell it. If anyone is seriously in love with it, let me know. LOL. It's crazy how much fashion changes though, b/c I see so many different styles now. If anyone wants to talk to me, I am always on fb. Feel free to friend request me. If anyone wants me to photograph them, HOLLA! I have actually been working my way toward Orlando. I've gotten to study with some of the serious photographers up there and have had a blast doing it. Misty Miotto, Studio 222, and David and Vicki Arndt are my favs and I've learned loads from them. You seriously cannot go wrong with any of them. I got to do engagment pics up there back in Feb. and I am going back to do a Bridal Session in late Nov. It's like a dream come true to get to work like that there.

Ummmm...what else is up with me? I feel so out of touch! I don't even know most of the brides on here now :sad1: I hope I'll get to spend some time on here and get to know a few people. SERIOUSLY - some of my best friends that I talk to every day I met on here. Crazy! I'm going to the Beach & Yacht Club this weekend (courtesy of one very generous SIL) and I am super excited about it! I wonder if there will be any weddings to stalk while I'm there? (That sounds so creepy. I mean it in a good way - really.) I'm also hoping to go back next month to photograph a few families of past DIS brides - fingers crossed. Other than that, life has been pretty good to us. I should post a pic of my wall with all of our MK portraits on it! My hubby just hung up a sign above it tonight that says, "And they lived happily ever after."

It's still true for us. 12 years strong! :love:

:wave2: Hey there!!! So good to see you back on the boards. Congrats on your Master's:banana:. So glad to hear things are going well for you - I justed checked out your photo site and it looks great. I followed you and the other VR brides back when I was in the "dreaming of a VR" stage. I finally got mine last October (can't believe it's almost a year now!) when they started the Memories Collection. I never did do a TR because at the time they weren't letting Memories couples buy the CD:headache: - and who wants a TR without pictures?? (we had no guests) Anyway, so glad to see you around!!!:goodvibes

Still here! I tend to lurk a lot b/c I can do it really quickly. But when I start posting, I get sucked in for hours at a time. LOL!

I was just posting a bit on photography and I was SOOOO reminded of something I have to post. I vented this to all my disney brides on my fb page when it happened.

Ya, I had a run in with one of the DPS photographers at an event I was invited to as a guest. I am not going to name any names right now but it was horrible and awful. The DPS person thought I was a park guest just crashing even though they knew who I was. I think that was part of the problem - is that they knew who I was!!! This person held me back and would not let me into the event until it was nearly over. :mad: I was SOOOO angry. Seriously, I drove 2 hrs to be treated this way??!! Grrrr....I had some really nasty remarks made to me as well in regards to my MK photoshoot. It was so not professional. I HATE DPS as a result.

I can't get into to it much - I just know that no other professional in their right mind would act that way. Here is part of it: I don't know if I posted this previously or not b/c it's been a while BUT when we were 1st scheduled to do our photoshoot, it was right after our VR on the cruise. Well, we were so ahem "lucky" ahem to pick up some horrible stomach virus on the cruise. My son started with the icky sickness during our VR ceremony and the entire way home. Then Kenzie, on the way home. I was supposed to stop at the MK for a meet and greet with some of the DISbrides, but we just went straight home. Then my hubby got it. I thought I was in the clear until 2am the morning of our photoshoot and I have my make-up done, my hair done, and we are about to jump in the car, and BLEAH! I projectile puke everywhere. Yup. The morning of. SOOOO not fair. We were supposed to be there at 5am I believe.

So my hubby gets on the phone for 4 hrs on and off calling every number we have to tell them there is NO way we can have our shoot that day. The best we can do is leave a message. A few days later, we finally get a person on the phone, and they said the person who was on call that night fell asleep and didn't answer the phone and didn't relay the message. WHICH MEANS - a DPS photographer got up at the crack of dawn and waited for us to do pics and we were a no show. That person finally got the message after waiting in the cold for over an hour. Needless to say, they were not happy with us :headache: It so was not our fault!!! But we got treated as such. I'm not the one who fell asleep on the job!

We rescheduled, and did get awesome portraits, even though the hubby had pneumonia by that point. But I wouldn't let him reschedule again after the other fiasco and the castle construction. So he sucked it up and tried not to cough through the whole thing. It was an amazing experience, and I would not trade it for the world. But here I am thinking it's all wonderful and love dovey, and I find out from my hubby about several horrible remarks made to him by DPS while I was in the bathroom at the GF before the start of our shoot. He calmly explained that we were very sick and what happened with the other shoot, but it was no good. They did not like us! I loved my images that we got from our shoot, and maybe it's b/c I am gullible or something, but my hubby finally told me a few weeks later how he was treated and all the comments and snide remarks he got. I told him he was just grumpy b/c he was sick and to drop it. I thought he was making something out of nothing. And then....we go to this event and the same photographers are there and this happens to me. If it had been anyone else, I think it would have been no problem. But they hate me. I swear. LOL. Too bad I couldn't projectile puke on them right there!!! :lmao:

Several emails, phone calls and complaints to DPS managers later, all we get is a generic "We're sorry." - from the managers, not from the people. I suppose that's better than nothing, but it has completely tarnished my image of them. (And I wasn't like expecting free stuff or anything - just an explanation of treatment and a for real apology!) GRRR!

I do have to say I am glad that we did our VR the way that we did it instead of waiting. DFTW made so many changes after us that I don't think we would have enjoyed it. So I feel very blessed and lucky that we did it and that I have a fabulous picture of us in front of the castle. I hope that when Kenzie is ready - that we can afford the Wedding Pavilion. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter