Sydney Dis-meet anyone???

As for the theme, if nobody can come up with anything we could just do what we did last time and everyone wear something Disney. Most of us will have some sort of souvenier we could wear and those that don't can just get a Disney t-shirt or something from Kmart (I know they have them ;) ) Anyway, just a suggestion.

Oh I wish I could come. I would wear my Mickie/Minnie vintage comic strip hoodie over my Space Mountain t-shirt and accessorize with my Disney sunnies. :cool1:

HI ALL,

SOrry for crashing you thread, but I havent been around on the boards in over a year and i thought this would be a good place to start! I am also from sydney!

I love everything disney! How exciting that you are having sydney dis meets!

The last dis meet that i went to was when Pete and Walter (DISUnplugged) came to sydney. Was anyone else there?

I thought i would mention, i am a member of DUDISNEYANA (down under disneyana fan club). We meet throught the year in Yagoona. The first club night for the year is saturday 25th Feb at 7:30pm... Let me know if you want more details... These people are complete DISNEY NUTS!!!!! I only wish i could travel as much as they do!

I am hopefully planning a trip to disneyland in Jan 2013 so i will be needing lots of help! I have been many times but it am out of the loop at the monent!
In 2000 I was lucky enought to go to work for 3 months in WDW!!! It was the best time of my life!

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all!
Jess

u must be so excited Karen! I am excited for you....can't wait to hear all about it!

hey

looking forward to some sunshine and warmth.....get way from this horrible rain...
10 more sleeps :rolleyes1

HI ALL,

SOrry for crashing you thread, but I havent been around on the boards in over a year and i thought this would be a good place to start! I am also from sydney!

I love everything disney! How exciting that you are having sydney dis meets!

The last dis meet that i went to was when Pete and Walter (DISUnplugged) came to sydney. Was anyone else there?

I thought i would mention, i am a member of DUDISNEYANA (down under disneyana fan club). We meet throught the year in Yagoona. The first club night for the year is saturday 25th Feb at 7:30pm... Let me know if you want more details... These people are complete DISNEY NUTS!!!!! I only wish i could travel as much as they do!

I am hopefully planning a trip to disneyland in Jan 2013 so i will be needing lots of help! I have been many times but it am out of the loop at the monent!
In 2000 I was lucky enought to go to work for 3 months in WDW!!! It was the best time of my life!

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all!
Jess

Downunder are you planning on coming to the Dismeet? I would love to pick your brain about the Disney International programme, my DD would love to do this, (and I would love her to do it:rotfl:) she has only just started Year 11 at school, so would be looking at 2015.

hey

4 more sleeps til hawaii...just thought I'd mention it :yay:
going to be 17-28 degrees and sunny...NO MORE RAIN!!!!!

australiankaren can I hop into your bag and go to Hawaii with you? So I can get away from all the rain we having at the moment.

So sad! I have to pull out from the Dis meet. A training session for work has been rescheduled to that morning due to someone being sick on the original day. Have a magical lunch.

Sorry, I won't be there either. Just trying to co-ordinate the trip plus the Taylor Swift concert that night and wondering what to do with my DH while I'm having lunch...I'm feeling a bit guilty..Maybe next time..Hope you all have a fun time and I can't wait to hear all about it :sad1:

Hi all.

IMORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I rang today to book the table as when I enquired the first time round, they told me to ring the week before.

So, I rang today and can you believe it, they inform me they DO NOT TAKE BOOKINGS FOR LUNCH:scared1::scared1::scared1:

They could have told me that in the first instance.

So now,I am just wondering what everyone wants to do? We can try to change venues to somewhere else........??? We also had at least 3 members who couldn't attend on this date so a postponement could also be an option???

Please let me know what you think and I am so sorry for the mess up:sad2:

Sue

I'm ok about a postponement to find suitable location...also this wet weather is driving me nuts...so up to you guys

I'm a bit the same Karen!!!!

I think I will be buying a row boat this week!!! Maybe we should try for another time.

This will allow for the Taylor Swift concert goers to attend too!

I say we all put in a few $$$ and buy the boat from its a small world...music included..then I can go totally bonkers over this weather..at least it will have a theme tune..

(Sing to the tune of Its A Small World)

Its a world of water, a world of sleet
its a world of puddles, a world of fleets
there's so much water here
and the waters up to there
its a splashy, flash flood world......hummmmmmmmmm

So, seriously people, who prayed for rain????
Now make it stop!:eek:

I am ok either way. If we go and just try our luck, or try somewhere else or pick a different date.....I'm easy!!!!

xxxx

Anyone made a decision yet?

Did you ask what the chances were for a walk up?

I would prefer to still go this weekend, as any later my kids are heavily into Saturday winter sport - so would have to be a Sunday.

Anyone got suggestions for another venue?

I don't mind, but need to organize accommodation. With Taylor Swift and the X Factor in town, it is getting pretty tricky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter