swan or dolphin?

never2L8

Earning My Ears
We are planning on staying at the swan or dolphin for 3 nights before our BCV stay in July. Anyone have any input as to which is nicer. I think I read that the Swan has renovated and Dolphin to start. Also, which is closer to the BW. I can't remember. Thanks for any help.

:confused: :Pinkbounc

Swan is tiny bit closer to BW. It is completely renovated and is slightly higher in price now than the Dolphin(check Alex's post at top of Resorts page). Many people think the Dolphin is probably more suited for kids because Tubbi's is located there, it is closer to the Grotto Pool, has the laundry and the lobby is awesome. I have only stayed at the Swan and thought it was lovely.

The Dolphin is much better and bigger, however, the Swan is closer to the BW but not by that much...

We are staying at the Dolphin for the 2nd time in 32 days:) Why? I think the lobby is BEAUTIFUL!! We love Tubbies for later suppers & snacks, refillable mugs & it is a little closer to the pools then the Swan. With my 5 year old who hates to walk, it is a easy carry for my dh & I.

I also heard that the Swan is more for adults (not sure if true or not).

Have a great vacation!!

I recently went to the Swan and Dolphin over Christmas Break and I have to say that we had to wait forever to get a bus, also the stench that was outside the hotel was almost unbearable does it always smell like this or did they leave the special treatment to us?

We were at the Swan over Christmas and had no trouble with busses. I even told my family that DTD busses were going to be few and far between, but they made a liar out of me. We never waited more than 10 min. for a bus and usually less.
I don't know what the smell was you experienced, but I never smelled it at all and that is the first I heard of it. Must have been something that happened while you were there. Yuck.

I also love the Dolphin's lobby - but I don't sleep in the lobby! ;) I love the new Heavenly Beds at the Swan, and I like the fact that the busses pick up and drop off at the Swan first. The Dolphin is huge - twice the size of the Swan. Until the room renovations are completed at the Dolphin, I'd pick the Swan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter