*~Swan and Dolphin Picture thread!~*

just got back from a lovely stay at the swan :)

we booked a standard view, we have spg but were told there were no upgrades available so i expected to have a view of the dumpsters or something....i was pleasantly surprised with this view!

S7302751.jpg

S7302752.jpg

S7302753.jpg

we were in room 959 in the east wing

a few more!

S7302849.jpg

S7302852.jpg

S7302854.jpg

these were taken on my walk to the grotto pool thursday morning....i will post more later :goodvibes

Well, rats. Somewhere on the Dis there's a lovely photo taken from inside the Dolphin looking out on one of the top shells in the descending fountain; I knew I hadn't seen it here but was hoping it was here as well. Guess I'll have to keep looking. :)

So am I the only one who, on first sight of the Dolphin, wondered why the heck it has fish all over it instead of dolphins? :p I know the Triton fountain in Rome has "dolphins" with scales on them and I'm guessing these go back to something like that, but they never made sense to me either. :confused3

Thanks, Dan. Mahi-mahi is familiar to me, but I don't remember ever hearing it was also known as Dolphin Fish.

As far as I know the dolphins are in fact heraldic dolphin of nautical mythology. They may look more like the dolphin fish of today, but seem to be closer related to the dolphins and porpoises of today.

According to all the trinkets I have from the opening I think they are stylized representations more than anything else. Plus I doubt that I would have accepted a plushie if it looked like a fish to me. But, hey, that's art.

A few weeks ago while up there, my room at Boardwalk was along the back river facing Swan & Dolphin - one night walking back from Epcot I decided to take some nice night landscape shots of the Dolphin when I saw the water reflections. I didn't have a tripod - the first is steadied on a wall:

original.jpg

The second was handheld with the ISO cranked up to 1600:

original.jpg

one night walking back from Epcot I decided to take some nice night landscape shots of the Dolphin when I saw the water reflections.

Beautiful. I like the first one best - the sky, and how the trees kind of blend into the building's waves... :)

ROFL that's ME! Yes isn't it great I got such a gorgeous view after that dumpster view I had the year before?!?!?!?!? I think this is the pic under my name - it was such a pretty view, and you could hear the water from our balcony which made it so relaxing. Thanks for refreshing the pic - I agree it's a good one!

And I LOVE those night picks from zackiedawg - stunning!

you could hear the water from our balcony which made it so relaxing.

:cool2:

I came to this thread in the first place looking for that picture - knew I hadn't seen it here, but seemed to me I'd seen it in the Worst Views thread, which I knew couldn't be right. :lmao:

Didn't find that pic here but did find so many other beautiful pics, so thanks muchly for that motivation!

Just looked through all 24 pages of this thread;)Never thought about staying here but it looks gorgeous. I dont think many british stay here correct me if im wrong. I read somewhere that it doesnt participate in the free DDP. I know ME doesnt run here but we are staying at RPR for 5 nights and AKLV at the end so would need a taxi anyway.
In your opinion which resort is best with an 8 year old?
From what people have said I presume the dolphin. I am a member of starwood . The location is superb to none. Thanks for enlighting me to this resort.Would never have thought of staying here.
Would I need to request an epcot view/boardwalk view/high floor if I booked.Currently booked at SSR in a studio. Do you think I should change? Only £50 more:confused3
The only thing is I have free DDP for 6 nights with SSR and wondered if I would loose this if I move my rese to the dolphin/swan.

Crabbie1, you would lose your DDP as the Swan/Dolphin do not paricipate in the plan. I am having my first stay at the Dolphin this December and got a great rate! SSR looks really nice too. Good luck deciding! :cutie:

zackiedawg, that first pic is bar none, the best picture I have ever ever seen of the Dolphin! Absolutely gorgeous.....:cool1:

Does anyone have pictures of the executive suite at the Dolphin? We are staying in one in June. Thanks!!

Do you have any pictures of the executive suite that you could post. We are staying in one next year and I'm curious about the actual room size with the connecting double room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter