Support group for us no pin people!?

I am new to Disboards but also count myself as pin deprived. I have received them in the past and have not even used them. Now that I want to go I cant feel the love.
We need a 12 step program to get off this site it starts with a PIN>:scared::scared:

Pleaseeeeeee Disney I gotta have a pincode!
My husband is threating me with, oh no, Universal Studios!!! If I don't get a discount, it's hello Harry Potter!
I do have a question, When;) I get a pin code, is there usually a minimum stay?
I promised myself that after I wrote this I will get a life. I will not check my emails for 3 days. I swear... maybe 2 days...

The public free dining won't help me cuz i am going in May :(

You know, I did this on another thread too - you think I'd learn my lesson. Just because I'm going in the fall, I think everyone else is too, and keep forgetting that people have their own vacations!! Best of luck to you for a free dining pin :thumbsup2

AND our Support Group Prayer will be the wonderful poem that another poster made up.... WHERE IS THAT PIN POEM? Can anyone find it?

We could add that to our list of daily rituals!

5:00 am Check emails

5:30 am Recite PIN POEM

5:32 am Check emails

5:35 am Go back to bed
Dream of getting the coveted pin of choice

6:00 am awaken to the buzzing of mail box from iphone on night table, only to be disappointed that it is 'junk mail' from fellow dis'ers glowing from excitement of news of the arrivals of THEIR PINS...

6:30 lay in bed wondering why I subscribed to that darn thread

6:35 Dreaming again...

7:00 BUZZ BUZZ oh ... another email.... GRRRRR MORE HAPPY PEOPLE...

by 8:00 it is time to get up with the kids and get them off to school
(((( yup.... they will be late, because I log back onto the ole computer now, to reread all the HAPPY POSTS! )))) LIKE ITS BETTER IN BIGGER PRINT!

9:00 am Kids are gone to school, ( yes they are late for that too ) MY BAD Now it is just me and my dogs and my coffee, I PROMISE TO BATH THE DOGS TODAY, DO THE LAUNDRY, CLEAN THE BATHROOMS... JUST AS SOON AS I AM DONE MY COFFEE I WILL LOG OFF..
OHHHHH.... JUST AS SOON AS IT IS 10:30 I PROMISE... I WILL PUT THE STUPID PIN THING TO REST FOR THE DAY... TILL BEDTIME...

11:00 AM - I AM STILL HERE LURKING AND READING AND BEING LURED BACK INTO THE DISNEY VACATION PLANNING WEB SITE.

D@#M DISNEY. WHY DO I LOVE THEE?

ITS NOON NOW - Recite PIN POEM AGAIN and BETTER STAY ON I MIGHT GET A PIN, THEY COME AROUND NOON TO 1 RIGHT???
Check all 10 emails again, there are lots... MORE HAPPY PEOPLE with MORE HAPPY PIN NEWS. (((( I AM happy for you... really... and cannot wait to be worthy enough to come out of the 'dark side' with my own news )))) and this thread is to be a support for those who we are cheering on to get one... but
it's just "PIN ENVY" :)

yes it goes on and on... the antics... put me out of my misery already!

Okay NOW I am definitely logging out to clean ... a bit!:rolleyes1

Hysterical!! Totally sums up my day!

I'm very happy for all those who have received pins - somehow, though, it was easier before when it seemed more random. Now that we know the "trick", I'm almost angry it isn't working for me - crazy!!!

Ohh - I too am pinless and obsessed with trying to get one. My DD16 laughs at me when I come home from work and declare I haven't received one yet. I was beginning to feel odd man out on one of the other threads that seemed like everyone was getting a pin and I was doing everything they were doing. :confused3 Everytime my boss walks by my desk it seems I'm checking my multiple e-mails for a pin. I am so glad I'm not the only one!:grouphug:

Well, we have made 10 trips in 13 years plus 4 Disney cruises. We have NEVER EVER gotten a pin. In the past several years/months/weeks/days I have done everything everyone else is doing to trigger a pin code. I'm too weary to list it all and anyhow most of you pinaddicts already know.

I have about 8 Disney email accounts. Last week I created two more, one is in DH's name ~he has NEVER been to Disney and never intends to go, so I thought this would trigger a pin - NOT! I created the other account in DD21's name (in case you haven't already guessed... nothing happened).

When I first began this pin quest, there was a 40/60 chance we were going to Disney this year, the 60 being us staying home, so "pinning" as I like to call it, was kind of like a game. But I found the more I pinned, the more I wanted to go. I started feeling out of control with my pinning.
"Honey, what are you doing up there, it's 2 am?"
"Aw, nothing Dear, just pinning. Go back to bed."
I knew I should stop, but didn't. :scared:

But then frustration set in, seeing everyone getting codes quicker than the crows line up on the BLT tower, I was really feeling NOT special.

Today, in a very UNmagical move on my part, I went into all 10 Disney accounts and deleted every itinerary. I didn't do this to trigger a pin. No, sadly, I did it because I am now about 95% sure I am going to skip Disney this year. So alas, all that pinning was for nothing. Wasn't it?

Anyhow, DD21 wants to go see the Harry Potter deal at Universal. We have never been there before. So we will be DEFINITELY going to Universal next year (if I can ever figure out their most user-unfriendly web site), with maybe a split trip to Disney.

And you know what? There really isn't a part of me hoping my dispair in not going to Disney this year will trigger a pin. I know better than that. I'll always be a pinless pinner.

There is still a 5% chance we will go to Disney this year, but chances are slim. I wish I thought Disney will miss us, but I'm not that delusional. No really. ;)

Good luck to the rest of you! I hope your pinning pays off! :)
tink
ps. I will be sure to report back if ... well.. you know.

:goodvibes I'm in. I agree that misery loves company and it is frustrating that people seem to be getting them every day while sadly we do not while doing the same trick.

My obsession also started on Saturday. :surfweb: I can barely get the Disney site to work in this country and it constantly times out, but I have persevered and created two accounts so far. I also got my mom to create an itinerary but she already booked the resort so I think her chances are less. I asked her to create a yahoo email to create a new Disney account and she said no because why pay for another email just to get a pin....she's a little confused, but I hope to convince her soon. Course if she gets one and I don't, I'll probably be upset even though she's paying to take me as a "Welcome Home" :rotfl:

I keep thinking that Disney has this Give a Day Get a Day program and by the time I get to Disney I will have volunteered for 365 days so the least they can do is give me a pin!! :laughing:

I'm in! :cool1:
At least I found others like me. I love you guys already! :lovestruc

Though I wish for a pin, I'm not sure Disney is wishing for me. I read a thread where someone was wondering if $100 per day spending money would be right for the kid. Our family spent under $100 (not counting food, tickets, lodging, or cold meds) on our entire 7 day trip last time, and that included a pair of Mickey shoes -- sensible school shoes that just happened to have Mickey on them.

So maybe WDW doesn't even want us back. :rolleyes1 We were nice to other guests and CMs, we didn't cut in line or pool hop, but we didn't give them much $ either...

Still, would it hurt them to send us one amazing pin?

I have been obsessed with pins too!! I even took my computer on vacation to Mohegan Sun with ALL my Disney paperwork, just so I could check ( and apply) pins!!! I have done everthing, muiltple e-mail accounts, maps, planning DVDs, itineraries, you name it!!

We are still going but REALLY WANT FREE DINING!!!!

well i just have to say thank you for sharing, so that I too in my pinless misery know that I am not the only one that is going all out with my attempts....

Pinless in Colorado - needing shoulder too. LOL Never ever have we gotten a pin for hotel, free dining, packages. I did what was suggested create the iternary - with no resort, with need accomodations, and then created an account for my work - still zero - nada pins.
Kids want to go visit Harry this summer so we are trying to stay within budget - so far Disney gives me no love - but Universal kicked in today and said stay on our property for <$100 - per night. SO, unless I get some loving we are doing Universal this year. Hoping for some pixie dust from the Dis. And wishing happy thoughts and pins for all my fellow pin needers.

Hi, my name is Craigdarroch and I'm a Pitifully Pinless Person.

I go through the ritual every morning, noon and night.... enjoying a love/hate relationship with my computer.

I'm pretty sure the 700 CM's all know my voice now, so I've taken to disguising it. Today I was "Australian" mate! ;)

I go between being elated for the happy pin-receivers to wondering what I have done to be so pin-barren while others are receiving so many PINS their email account is threatening to blow up.

It would also be interesting to take a tally of all the people here who finally receive a PIN code down the road and are able to recover from their PINlessness :rotfl:

I would certainly like to join the no-pin'ers, as I think I'm developing an obsessive compulsive disorder because I always have to urge to check my emails for pins over and over and over again (to no avail)!..(excuse me for a minute, I need to go check my email :surfweb:;

I would certainly like to join the no-pin'ers, as I think I'm developing an obsessive compulsive disorder because I always have to urge to check my emails for pins over and over and over again (to no avail)!..(excuse me for a minute, I need to go check my email :surfweb:;

:lmao:

Well I got MUCHLY MUCH needed cleaning done. So I am good to go for another week online!

AND STILL PINLESS...

Going to go watch THE BIG BANG THEORY with the fam., try to anyhow.
I can't believe that out of all those email accounts NOTHING.

I think I might go into all of them tomorrow am and delete every single thing.

I called a few days ago and inquired about all the pins, then ended up booking at Poly CL, hoping I would be calling back to apply the code for a discount, yup bored, pretending to book my vacation I suppose! BUT I called back last night and cancelled it, with a big sob story. The guy didn't want to cancel it (( of course )) So I simply said, then give me the discount... YEAH RIGHT! I think maybe I thought subconsciously that THAT might trigger an email code.

I proceeded to tell him we would be going to the parks and staying off site, unless something fabulous came out. Which I would NEVER even want to go to Disney and stay off site, been there done that, never do it again.
I'm a freak, if your gonna do Disney THEN DO Disney!!!! :love:

Anyhow, I am out for the night... maybe...

Good luck to all, may everyone have visions of magical emails in their inbox dancing in their heads! :cloud9:

even as i sit here and read about our brother/sisterhood of pinlessness, i have the urge to go create another email account and give it one more try...

Hi, my name is Craigdarroch and I'm a Pitifully Pinless Person.

I go through the ritual every morning, noon and night.... enjoying a love/hate relationship with my computer.

I'm pretty sure the 700 CM's all know my voice now, so I've taken to disguising it. Today I was "Australian" mate! ;)

I go between being elated for the happy pin-receivers to wondering what I have done to be so pin-barren while others are receiving so many PINS their email account is threatening to blow up.

It would also be interesting to take a tally of all the people here who finally receive a PIN code down the road and are able to recover from their PINlessness :rotfl:

HEEHEEHEE!!!!! Your hilarious!:rotfl2:

even as i sit here and read about our brother/sisterhood of pinlessness, i have the urge to go create another email account and give it one more try...

Do you have kids? I have 3 and when I FINALLY received my pin, it was like having them all go off to college. I didnt know what to do with myself every day without checking 12 Email accounts every 15 minutes.

I got the pin, applied it to my ressie, got off the phone and thought "OK, now what??"

Today is day 2, post pin-tum. I feel empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter