Super Bowl Crowd: First Sunday Visit as an Enchant Key Holder

DLandgirlie

Mouseketeer
Wow.

For someone who's used to going mid week, it was a stark difference. The security team said it was extra crowded today for a Sunday. I'm hoping so.
They opened up the extended Toy Story Parking at around 10-10:30am. There was a long line just to get on the bus.

I think with the prospective rain next week, Super Bowl Crowds thinking it would be light attendance and the combination of Lunar New Year, it was very crowded today. There was a line to get into DCA. I've never seen lines to get into DCA besides OBB.

For a weekend, there was a trifecta of the big rides being down mid day. Space, Thunder and Matterhorn.

On the plus side, the Harbor Galley cookies are delicious!

My motivation for getting Enchant was so I could go on Sunday's so hoping the next visit is less chaotic.

We go on Sundays very frequently. They are usually quite nice! I wouldn’t want to go on Super Bowl Sunday as it’s usually very crowded.

Wow.

For someone who's used to going mid week, it was a stark difference. The security team said it was extra crowded today for a Sunday. I'm hoping so.
They opened up the extended Toy Story Parking at around 10-10:30am. There was a long line just to get on the bus.

I think with the prospective rain next week, Super Bowl Crowds thinking it would be light attendance and the combination of Lunar New Year, it was very crowded today. There was a line to get into DCA. I've never seen lines to get into DCA besides OBB.

For a weekend, there was a trifecta of the big rides being down mid day. Space, Thunder and Matterhorn.

On the plus side, the Harbor Galley cookies are delicious!

My motivation for getting Enchant was so I could go on Sunday's so hoping the next visit is less chaotic.
Were the lines you saw for DCA around park hopping time at 11? It's typical for there to be lines then, sometimes very long ones, but they move fast once they open hopping.

I go most Sundays and can definitely say yesterday was not a typical Sunday. We determined pretty quickly it was going to be a mainly food, not attractions day, for us. Which is was our plan, anyway. But that's definitely the bonus of going regularly with a Magic Key, which it sounds like you're planning.

Were the lines you saw for DCA around park hopping time at 11? It's typical for there to be lines then, sometimes very long ones, but they move fast once they open hopping.

I go most Sundays and can definitely say yesterday was not a typical Sunday. We determined pretty quickly it was going to be a mainly food, not attractions day, for us. Which is was our plan, anyway. But that's definitely the bonus of going regularly with a Magic Key, which it sounds like you're planning.
Yes it was around park hopping, so I went to DL then after about 1 hour 15 mins went to DCA and the lines were still there. I think because of rides being down and Lunar Festival.
How long did you wait for the cookies? 🍪
About 30 mins. The line went down slightly towards the fantasmic area, parallel to Haunted Mansion.

I have an Inspire MK and go most Sundays. I was there yesterday and today and you are not imagining things. The crowds were C-R-A-Z-Y! First, parking was a nightmare. It took us over an hour and a half to get from I-5 through M&F security. Showstoppers were at the Disneyland Hotel which I'm sure contributed to the congestion.

I agree that there is usually a much smaller line for DCA than DL. Sunday was the opposite. The line getting into DCA was so crowded that I took a picture. Below is what DCA looked like compared to DL at the same time. It wasn't park hoppers waiting behind the line until 11 am. This was the line of people waiting to go through the turnstiles!

I agree that it was likely Lunar New Year. It officially started this weekend and I saw several small children wearing traditional Lunar New Year clothing along the parade route.

DCA
1707784944744.png

DL
1707784572587.png

We must have been following each other because I also got cookies yesterday. It was only a 20 min wait from this far back. The line moved quickly. It was before lunch so they were selling mostly cookies which is a fast transaction.

1707785554308.png

We left for a few hours midday and came back for WOC. Thinking we would avoid the M&F congestion, we parked in Toy Story. This was the security line around 7 pm. Edit to add that the game was not even in the 4th quarter at this point.

1707788603283.png

Last edited:
Sunday there were a ton of 49ers fans and a handful of KC fans. Today, the KC fans came out in droves! We arrived around 9 am and people were already lining the parade route. This is what it looked like at 1:45 pm.

1707789381840.png

1707789578334.png

The crowds were roped in the front, back and on the sides!

1707789796932.png

1707789897605.png

Can you imagine what the crowds would have looked like if the 49ers had won? :scared1:

Can you imagine what the crowds would have looked like if the 49ers had won? :scared1:

I had read that reservations were pretty booked for Monday well before yesterday. I wonder if 49er fans cancelled their reservations and KC fans grabbed them?

Maybe. :confused3

When we left the park just before 2 pm, most of the turnstiles had no lines. It was a little spooky.

I have an Inspire MK and go most Sundays. I was there yesterday and today and you are not imagining things. The crowds were C-R-A-Z-Y! First, parking was a nightmare. It took us over an hour and a half to get from I-5 through M&F security. Showstoppers were at the Disneyland Hotel which I'm sure contributed to the congestion.

I agree that there is usually a much smaller line for DCA than DL. Sunday was the opposite. The line getting into DCA was so crowded that I took a picture. Below is what DCA looked like compared to DL at the same time. It wasn't park hoppers waiting behind the line until 11 am. This was the line of people waiting to go through the turnstiles!

I agree that it was likely Lunar New Year. It officially started this weekend and I saw several small children wearing traditional Lunar New Year clothing along the parade route.

DCA
View attachment 833553

DL
View attachment 833552

We must have been following each other because I also got cookies yesterday. It was only a 20 min wait from this far back. The line moved quickly. It was before lunch so they were selling mostly cookies which is a fast transaction.

View attachment 833554

We left for a few hours midday and came back for WOC. Thinking we would avoid the M&F congestion, we parked in Toy Story. This was the security line around 7 pm.

View attachment 833569
Glad I wasn't being dramatic or out touch lol

That was my first time trying the cookies, and yes, we were on the same path probably lol

We participated in going to the Lunar Food Booths and that was an absolute nightmare. I had the idea, I would start in the back to grab food at Paradise Garden Grill make my way up towards the other booths but the line for Paradise Garden Grill was about 45 minutes. Even Mobile Order was backed up, but the sip and savor can't be used on mobile. They ran out of the ginger for the Orange Ginger Churros and that was when I decided it was time to call it day which was around 4:30/5pm.

Glad I wasn't being dramatic or out touch lol

That was my first time trying the cookies, and yes, we were on the same path probably lol

We participated in going to the Lunar Food Booths and that was an absolute nightmare. I had the idea, I would start in the back to grab food at Paradise Garden Grill make my way up towards the other booths but the line for Paradise Garden Grill was about 45 minutes. Even Mobile Order was backed up, but the sip and savor can't be used on mobile. They ran out of the ginger for the Orange Ginger Churros and that was when I decided it was time to call it day which was around 4:30/5pm.
What a nightmare. I'm sorry you went through that. The LNY food lines were much worse this weekend than they had been in previous weeks.

Same. Leading up to Sunday we had expected a slower day since most Sundays are not as busy. It was nuts. We luckily roped dropped and got Genie Plus and was able to get 7 MEPs throughout the day because Big Thunder was down for most of it. We took a break at 1130 and the crowd at Toy Story lot was huge.

But...... at 8:00 pm we noticed a significant drop in attendance at DCA. All the ride wait times dropped significantly there was more elbow room. The same thing occurred at Disneyland. We hopped over in time to see the fireworks and found a great spot near the curb where the main street road forks. We stayed until 11:30pm and couldn't believe how dead everything was.

Despite that, I'll never go on Superbowl Sunday again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter