Sundays Chicago Tribune Travel Section

kinggoofy

DIS Veteran
Well, you can forget about it if you were waiting for the codes to come out this weekend.

Amid many rumors and speculation that we should check this Sundays papers for the new codes.....

They ARE NOT in tomorrows Chicago Tribune Travel Section.

So forget this weekend....one poster said Disney was having a HUGE meeting on Monday , May 5. So now we will wait and see if thats the day !!!!!

The only thing mentioned in the Travel section was the fact that people should lock in the Air Fare now...because air fare rates will be going up.

Hope this helps.

I'm not surprised. After hearing about "the big Marketing Meeting" on Monday I figured the codes wouldn't be in this Sunday's paper - probably next Sunday. Oh well, hopefully the discounts offered will be worth the wait.

Thanks for the info on locking airfare. We are flying but have been holding off on purchasing tickets .... 6 months just seems so far in advance. Maybe it's not. We don't fly very often so I'm not really up on getting the best deals on airfare.

Debbie

The Cheapest air-fare I have come across is ATA - $175 round trip from Chicago-Midway to Orlando..Leaving 8-15 returning 8-24.

Southwest has the same fare for the same dates.

In years past we paid $135 round-trip with the ATA's companion fare. I have called ATA a few times and they said they will not be running the Companion fare this year.

So its a $40 increase ..which really isn't bad. My problem is the returning flight. They have one leaving Orlando at 7;30 AM and the next one leaving Orlando is at 2:50 PM.

We usually got the mid-AM flight out. Somewhere around 11:00 AM Orlando time.

Southwest has a returning flight leaving Orlando at 8:45 AM. That would give us time to get ready in the morning instead of getting up at 5AM.

Being gone for basically 10 days....we don't want to get home late sunday afternoon / early evening.

Hope this helps everyone.

Thanks kinggoofy-I was just about to go to Jewel and pick up a Tribune.
I was so hoping this would be the weekend for codes!

My rt airfare on ATA is $165 for July, $156 for Sept. and $218 for Christmas. That was tax included, and I like that ATA has non-stop flights and new planes.

I think Disney is trying to drive us all insane. And it is working. Guess I will have to wait for next Sunday. Maybe if there is a big meeting tomorrow, someone will know something on Tuesday.

Don't bother with the Sunday Suntimes's Tavel section either. :rolleyes: Luckily bought our august ATA airfare months ago at 146.00, but check for december and is now at 178.00, think I can wait till fall and see what happens. I've paid as much as 250.00 each on ata, do you think it will go higher than that? :eek: Still waiting for codes or ap rates. :rolleyes: MKY

I paid $270 for rt on ATA last Christmas. This year I went ahead and booked as soon as it came down from $285. We are traveling right on the holiday this year. $146 is an awsome rate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter