***Summer Disney Pin Sent/Received***.....COMPLETED!!

that's a great way to display them! I end up just sticking mine into the cork board around the edges. Some I use as pushpins. Jake still has his hanging on the lanyard in his room. He'll love getting a surprise package since I've been making him stay indoors a lot until his hard cast is on. (tomorrow..yay! :banana:)

I snapped a few photos. One did not turn out. These aren't too bad.
I have two shadow boxes of some of my favorite transportation pin. (Plexiglass covered, so I still get a glare it taking it straight into the frame.)

pins002.jpg

I also collect Mary Poppins. A few years ago there were three pins released in DL I was dying to get. A CA friend not only got my one each of the pins, but also the matching lithographs! :cloud9: I have the lithos in the glass front frames. And I attached the corresponding pin on the outside with some of that green sticky stuff florists use in arrangements. Very pleased with them. :cool1: (I love Katrina Van Tassel too. :woohoo: )

Pins are:
Pin 47190: DLR - Disney Artist Collection 2006 - Stacia Martin - Mary Poppins Umbrella & Bag
Pin 47181: DLR - Disney Artist Collection 2006 - Stacia Martin - Katrina Van Tassel
Pin 46698: DLR - Disney Artist Collection 2006 - Stacia Martin - Alice in Wonderland (White Rose)

I just love all three pins. :love: These are right next to my WL armoire. :laughing: (Typical Disney house. ;) )

3framed.jpg

I will periodically post more. :wizard:

Very nice. ::yes::

I don't have very many displayed here anymore :( But hope to at the new house when we get there.
There is still one of DH's on the wall.
I will see about getting pictures.

Hope others share too....love seeing them all :)

sigh... That reminded me. Here is my PI/DTD lanyard I wore on the last nights of PI. (Comedy Warehouse & Adventurer's Club)
:sad1: :furious: :crazy:
Wouldn't have been so heavy to wear if it wasn't for that jumbo 3D pin at the bottom! :laughing: Locking backs on them all, of course. ;)

DSCF2854.jpg

Ohhh...you are so mean!! I still want that one!! :p

Here is the one that is still on the wall.
IMG_1788.jpg

This is one of my favorite pins ::yes::
IMG_1789-1.jpg

and the box it came in
IMG_1790-1.jpg

I snapped a few photos. One did not turn out. These aren't too bad.
I have two shadow boxes of some of my favorite transportation pin. (Plexiglass covered, so I still get a glare it taking it straight into the frame.)

pins002.jpg

I also collect Mary Poppins. A few years ago there were three pins released in DL I was dying to get. A CA friend not only got my one each of the pins, but also the matching lithographs! :cloud9: I have the lithos in the glass front frames. And I attached the corresponding pin on the outside with some of that green sticky stuff florists use in arrangements. Very pleased with them. :cool1: (I love Katrina Van Tassel too. :woohoo: )

Pins are:
Pin 47190: DLR - Disney Artist Collection 2006 - Stacia Martin - Mary Poppins Umbrella & Bag
Pin 47181: DLR - Disney Artist Collection 2006 - Stacia Martin - Katrina Van Tassel
Pin 46698: DLR - Disney Artist Collection 2006 - Stacia Martin - Alice in Wonderland (White Rose)

I just love all three pins. :love: These are right next to my WL armoire. :laughing: (Typical Disney house. ;) )

3framed.jpg

I will periodically post more. :wizard:

It was a neat idea to put the pins on those. Never thought about using that green florist stuff to stick pins to something like that.

My mother was a florist so I was brought up around that green sticky stuff! :lmao:
I see my bag/umbrella may be a little droopy. But it's been there a long time.

Nancy: Believe me, had I known I would have bought more of those pins, even at the jumbo cost.
One project I have is to make a AC/CW memorabilia shadow box. I was lucky enough on the second to the last night to be given two of the letters. :cloud9: (Will cherish them forever. Didn't make me feel so bad for not getting into the library for the Halloween show.)

And Nancy -- are you interested in any matching plastic beverage cups? Already have them? (Of the cruise. Although I think I have an extra Kungaloosh too...)

Notice: Anyone who trades on line through Pinpics needs to check out the Pinpics main page. Pinpics' TA is changing drastically, as in may be none.
Pinpics probably did more to boost Disney pin sales than anything Disney ever did.

I think I have the cruise cups.....but not sure :rolleyes: so much is packed away and has been for almost a year, I forget what I do have :(
What is the kungaloosh cup?

I did get 2 of those jumbo pins for the cruise....they do a drawing for pins. I figured get all I can get....got that one. BFF bought it from me for cost ......probably could get so much more!! ;)
Off to check pinpics...

During the last 4 - 6 weeks of PI, AC had plastic beverage cups that could only be purchased with an alcoholic beverage. And when they ran out, they ran out. They cycled through designs. There is one design I am missing. I kept hoping to trade my extra Kungaloosh for what I am missing. Not that I am doing anything with them anyway. :rolleyes: Or even recall for sure which design I am missing... :upsidedow
The AC cups are the same size and style of the cruise beverage cups.
DH drank Kungalooshes for me to get those cups. :laughing: They wouldn't let me just buy them, or even pay extra above the usual watered down Coke. :confused3

I don't think we have the cruise cups....so if you want to part with them, we would be glad to take them. I think we just got the mugs.
I think the only AC cup we have is the mug of yakoose.
I will take whatever you are willing to part with, but I don't want to take you AC ones if you can use them for trading ;)
Are we going to see you in Sept?

Oooh! I love looking at all of the pins you guys are posting. :) Great frames and Nancy, I just LOVE that Mickey sketch type frame. So cool!

I promise not to hog the thread this time but I thought I would share my 2 new corks I just framed up... I just LOVE them! :love:

100_2791-1.jpg

100_2796.jpg

here they are hanging together...

100_2851.jpg

As for fave pins... I am not sure I can pick a fave but I just recently bought this one and it is the most expensive pin I have EVER bought. It killed me to pay for it but I had been wanting it for YEARS and a really great person sold it to me for much less than I would have ever paid if it came up on ebay...

http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=32625&sid=5713.1247461409

Here it is in my cabinet.. :)

100_2813.jpg

I am loving seeing all the different displays of pins. Between all 5 of us we have 9 lanyards. Wyatt (ds13) has 4 of his own!!

So we have been talking about what we wanted to do with them all to display them better.

I had been thinking of the corkboard. And someone in that parks had suggested the vests, but I didn't know if I would like that as well though.

I like the looks of the different displays, so now it gives me a jumping off point.

Now.... how big of a board... hmm!! :rolleyes1

Alisa don't go to big, I have a big cork board and it snapped the wire it was hanging from (yes the pins survived, lol). John told me to get smaller ones to put the pins on and then I can rehang them.

This is an old picture, I have added a few more since this was taken.
wdw2006.jpg

Oooh! I love looking at all of the pins you guys are posting. :) Great frames and Nancy, I just LOVE that Mickey sketch type frame. So cool!

I promise not to hog the thread this time but I thought I would share my 2 new corks I just framed up... I just LOVE them! :love:

100_2791-1.jpg

100_2796.jpg

100_2851.jpg

As for fave pins... I am not sure I can pick a fave but I just recently bought this one and it is the most expensive pin I have EVER bought. It killed me to pay for it but I had been wanting it for YEARS and a really great person sold it to me for much less than I would have ever paid if it came up on ebay...

100_2813.jpg

Do your framed cork boards have glass covering the pins? Did you put the cork board in the frames, or did they come that way? I have two more shadow boxes to fill and then I'll need to find a way to display the rest of my pins.

Donna

100_2791-1.jpg

100_2796.jpg

100_2851.jpg

100_2813.jpg

Ooooooh - you have Jessica as the Evil Queen and Stitch as Maleficent - I am so jealous! i don't have any of the other characters dressed as my two favs!

Love seeing all the pins and displays.
DH is a woodworking for fun, when we move, I will have to get him to set us something great for my pins. I would love to see them everyday.
He did great things for my beanies here.....not sure what I am doing with them at the new house either :rolleyes:

Heidi, with the weight of the pins, I would actually mount the corkbooard the the wall with fasteners meant for heavy items.

Michelle.....love Grand Californian!! It is our favorite resort anywhere! That is the reason we bought into DVC, just so we would be sure to be able to buy into that one when it became available ::yes::
Our first trip "home" there is next April. Can't wait!!

Since pinpics is doing away with the trade assist.....feel free to put your pinpics name here and maybe we can start some side trades of our own.

My name is, big surprise ;) meriweather

I sent my packages today, they should take 5 days to arrive.

Speaking of pinpics is anyone else having problems with the site? I am logged in but when I go to view my collection it says I don't exist! I'm DanaUK on pinpics too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter