Stretch Limo - Can little ones ride or do we need to think about car seats?

Tink78

DIS Veteran
Hello,
Strange question, but I am thinking of secretly booking a stretch limo, maybe Hummer Limo for our airport transfers but we will have an almost 3 year old and a 5 year old.
Can they ride in this kind of vehicle?
What are the rules for kids in stretch limos, without car seats??
:confused3

We hired a hummer limo for our wedding in Orlando and we had 4 children with us one of which was 2 years old and he didnt have a car seat! :)

Hello,
Strange question, but I am thinking of secretly booking a stretch limo, maybe Hummer Limo for our airport transfers but we will have an almost 3 year old and a 5 year old.

Personally I would insist that my children have the same level of protection when travelling in a motor vehicle as I would if in the UK. Check with the limo company and see what they can offer.

Personally I would insist that my children have the same level of protection when travelling in a motor vehicle as I would if in the UK. Check with the limo company and see what they can offer.

I could be wrong but if I remember rightly, they didnt have seat belts in the limo :confused:

the party my son went to was in uk, not sure whether u mean a uk limo or once u arrive

i have also been in the hummer limo in u.k and that had no seat belts it was also suprisingly uncomfey and cramped

We did the limo to and from a disney meal a few years ago, I had quite a job making sure it had seatbelts - not sure if rules have changed but I think you would need to check this out with the limo company. We didn't need car seats but the belts were must for us.

We had a hummer limo to take us from WDW to Port Canaveral when the boys were about 4 and 6. I have some great pics of them lying along the banquettes that running along the length of the car watching the telly. The limo doesn't really travel very fast so honestly I wouldn't worry about it :)

The limo doesn't really travel very fast so honestly I wouldn't worry about it :)

:eek:

Law of physics - every force has an equal opposite force-

your speed wont matter if the thing that hits you is doing > 40!!

I was hurt in a car that was stationary- when hit from behind my knee went through the dashboard -thank god we were all strapped in. One cars slow speed only matters if hit by another one also traveling slowly.

In my view no limo trip is worth the risk of an injury to my children.

We have also used a limo for 10 adults and 2 children ~ then aged 3 yrs and 15 months old, there were no seatbelts fitted and no car seats were provided for the children, even though I had requested two at the time of booking. I assumed that limo's fell into the same category as taxi's and other 'for hire' vehicles that didn't require a car seat ~ maybe someone on the boards knows for sure :confused3

Florida car seat law is very lax compared to our law.

Only kids under 5 are legally required to be in a car seat so your 5 year old is legal without.

Children upto and including age 3 must be in a car seat. Can't see an exemption for taxis/limos on the sheriffs website - sherriff.org/safety/carseat/cfm.

Personally I do the same for my DD as I do here - so I take her own booster.

Can you check if the company provide car seats or take your own. Be specific when you speak to them alot of places only have baby car seats not boosters due to florida law.

Hello,

i don't remember if our stretch limo even had seatbelts, but i can tell you it was terribly uncomfortable..
i much prefer town cars in terms of the seating comfort.

in the uk, forward facing seats in a stretched limo nead a seatbelt, the seats at the side do not have to have seat belts, i would think that the limo's in florida have the same rules as the busses if they have a certain number of seats, you do not get seat belts on busses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter