Strange things guests say

Agreed. My first I don't know how many trips were to the Magic Kingdom before there was anything else. That WAS Disney World for me for years. Then for several more years it was EPCOT and Disney World.

It literally took me years to stop calling the Magic Kingdom Disney World and I still slip up every once in a while. I guess I'd better watch out who I say this in front of. Someone might beat down this old man. :)

:thumbsup2 This is true for me too! I grew up close to Disney World, and at first, MK WAS Disney World. And yes, we too called it Disney World and Epcot. I hope someone doesn't beat me down when I slip either! :rotfl:

At MK one guest thought she was getting helpful information for a know it all that really didn't know anything.

Guest 1: How do we get to the Tree of Life?

Guest 2:Oh you have to walk through the Castle and it's right on the other side.

Guest 1: are there any restrooms near by?

Guest 2: no, the only bathrooms they have are at the entrance of the park.

Guest 1 started walking to the front of the park and my DD13 ran to catch up and told her the correct information and handed her our map. She was grateful she didn't have to walk to the front of the park.

Sad to say but both guests in this situation need help! It was funny for us to watch though.

This funniest thing I've heard was from my husband. We had been to MK together, but he had never been to EPCOT, so I planned for us to go there one day of our honeymoon. I couldn't figure out why he was so hesitant to go to EPCOT, because he loved MK. Once we got there I figured it out....He said, "I thought the whole thing was inside the ball." I said, "What about the countries?" and he said, "I thought they were tables decorated for each country that you went up to." I said, "Who would pay to go to that?" and he said, "That's what I was wondering." I'm laughing just typing this. :rotfl:

I'm gonna tattle on my dh. We just got back Saturday night. This was his first trip. He kept calling Spaceship Earth, Epcot.

I just kept smiling and giggling when he wasn't watching.

*evil grin*

At least he had the right park!

On the monorail from TTC to MK, there was a man and woman and their little girl. When we got to the wedding pavillion, Cinderella's coach was outside and the woman said "Seriously?! That's so GAY!"

:eek::eek::eek:

1) I HATE when people use that term to describe something they don't like (and there were impressionable kids present, too!!!) :scared:

2)Who in the H E double hockey sticks comes to Disney if they don't LOVE all things DISNEY (or at the VERY least can keep their mouths shut and their opinions to themselves about choices other Disney fanatics make)!!!!! Stay home if you don't like it!! :furious:

(Of course, this is the same couple who minutes before had just spanked their little girl for being tired and whiney...):confused:

Over here in England the term 'gay' is used all the time, like you said to describe something that the person(s) don't like or finds rubbish.

Was the woman American or British? Shouldn't say something like that infront of a young girl. :eek:

Over here in England the term 'gay' is used all the time, like you said to describe something that the person(s) don't like or finds rubbish.

Was the woman American or British? Shouldn't say something like that infront of a young girl. :eek:

She was definetly American. :sad2: It's used here a lot in a deregatory manner, unfortunatly.

Alas, it's used only too often that way on this side of the pond, too.

Kid: "How do all the workers in the world showcase countries learn the languages of the country they work in?"
Dad: "This is Disney- they don't cut corners. They do some pretty extensive training to make sure it all seems authentic."

:rotfl2:

I can just hear Clark Griswald saying that: "Ahh, This is Disney, Russ...." :lmao:

The craziest thing I heard today from another guest was when near Germany in World Showcase, he loudly proclaimed to what I assumed to be his wife "you know your daughter is commando right?" He then continued to explain how he found this out. :scared: She did have shorts on but it was a lot more information than the rest of us in the area needed to know. :rotfl2:

My girls and I were trying not to laugh.

:rotfl: I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face! How old was the daughter? I can see a 3 or 4 year old thinking shorts were enough!

we were sat outside the house of blues in DTD. a couple were next to us, and as they were talking, we kind of got the jist that they were at the end of their 2 week break.
we then heard the woman say to the man 'i can't believe we payed so much for this holiday. there's not much to do here is there? i don't see why everyones goes on about disney so much when it's just a load of shops, that quest place and a balloon ride, which is extra!'
they actually thought DTD was the WHOLE of Disney World. we didn't have the heart to tell them otherwise LOL.

they best do their research next time!

I just have to say that...DHS will ALWAYS be MGM in my mind.

DHS is where I graduated High School.

MGM is where I rode Tower of Terror and Rock'n'Rollercoaster.

Sorry; but it will always be MGM in my mind.

we love to chuckle at things being said on the buses and in our surroundings. people are so funny, and it blows my mind that some spend all kinds of money to go somewhere they haven't done any research about :confused3

hollywood studios closed at 7, we were on the bus back to kidani village and there was a couple behind us. keep in mind that animal kingdom closed at 6. the guy tells his girl that he heard they had to go see the lion king show, and there's a roller coaster that goes through a mountain. he then asks what she wants to do first. the person next to them is over hearing them and lets them know that they're on a bus to animal kingdom lodge, and not animal kingdom--and that ak is closed. they all of a sudden didn't understand and started speaking another language :confused3 they kind of got mad at the guy asking why they were going to a hotel because the sign on the bus said animal kingdom. he then gave up after saying there's a resort called animal kingdom. the two continued to fight in their language and we got off at kidani.

a co-worker also told me one time a lion came right up to their truck in the safari and that they all had to be very still because it was a dangerous situation :sad2: really?

My biggest pet peeve is when people tell me they went to Disney World, and they were really talking about the Magic Kingdom. I hear this all the time, and it drives me nuts!!!

My biggest pet peeve is people can actually get upset at the fact that not everyone knows everything other people think they should. It isn't a requirement to know facts and details in order to vacation at WDW or any of the other parks?

Why would anyone let this bother them? WDW is a huge place with THOUSANDS of things to experience.

On our last trip my cousin's family travelled with us. My dd25, dd5, my cousin's dh and their ds8 went to ride RRC while the rest of us waited for them. When they came off, my cousin's dh was GREEN. I asked him what was wrong and his response "why didn't someone tell me that was a roller coaster". I told him the name was Rock n Roller Coaster - what did he think it was.

Last year a friend was planning a WDW trip and I offered to help her since it was her first time. I offered to let her borrow my guide books and told her the websites to check out. I advised her to make her ADR's and BBB reservations 180 days in advance. She told me that that they would not know which park they were going to be in each day so they couldn't make their ADR's or BBB reservations. I also tried to tell her about fastpasses but she didn't listen to me.

When she came back from her vacation she said she would never go to WDW again. She complained because she could not eat in any sit down restaurants, her daughters did not get to do BBB and the lines were too long for the popular rides.

It amazes me how you can go on any vacation and not plan anything.

What a fun thread. Thanks OP for starting it. I'll for sure have my ears open to catch anything funny being said from now on so I can contribute next time.:rolleyes1

My two funniest moments:

1. In 1986, my mom went to the Mexico Pavillion for the first time. It was noon on a hot, sunny day. While riding El Rio del Tiempo, my mom looked up and exclaimed, "I'm so glad we came here at night!" :rotfl: The atmosphere was pretty real for her. Cut to 2011...This year, we're going with my parents again. While booking the trip, my mom leaned over to me and said, "I can't wait to go to Epcot. We have to make sure we do Mexico at night; it was so pretty." :lmao: I can't seem to convince her that it's always night in Mexico.

2. DH and I were on the boat to MK with another family of four. The daughter points to the Contemporary Resort and asks, "Dad, what's that?" He replied, "Oh that? That's Space Mountain." :rotfl2:

The funniest thing actually came from my DS4. He really wanted to ride Space Mountain but is well under the hight requirement. My DH & I were getting ready to ride it while my mom took DS &DD on Space Ranger Spin. DS comes running up to the entrance yelling "waaiit!" We explained again, it wasnt safe for him to ride Space Mountain untill he was taller. Not taking no for an answer, he walks right up to the CM who is holding the measuring stick and, sporting his brand new Mickey ears, says "BUT MOM, the EARS touch!!"

The funniest thing actually came from my DS4. He really wanted to ride Space Mountain but is well under the hight requirement. My DH & I were getting ready to ride it while my mom took DS &DD on Space Ranger Spin. DS comes running up to the entrance yelling "waaiit!" We explained again, it wasnt safe for him to ride Space Mountain untill he was taller. Not taking no for an answer, he walks right up to the CM who is holding the measuring stick and, sporting his brand new Mickey ears, says "BUT MOM, the EARS touch!!"

That is so cute! :goodvibes

Sounds like that person was using the term as a pejorative.

When kids, teenagers and adults alike steer clear of using the term "gay" in order to demean and hurt, you'll have a point. Until then, dictionary definitions mean nothing.

There is no way that anyone can assume what another person meant from that comment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter