Strange things guests say

As a CM at the BC fd we would get the Universal question on a daily basis - which bus to Universal? what do you mean Universal is not part of Disney?

I loved when people would come to the fd and complain about the weather - we would tell them "the CM must be slacking over at the weather machine, let me make a call" some realized how silly they sounded but more than a few were happy that we were taking care of the "situation" :banana:

On small world: "They haven't shown america yet, I'll bet they're saving it for last *smug smirk and equally smug laugh*"
Ohhhh, mr. man, you mean the TWO whole dolls representing america that they have in that ride? Yes, you are just so right! :rotfl:

Kid: "How do all the workers in the world showcase countries learn the languages of the country they work in?"
Dad: "This is Disney- they don't cut corners. They do some pretty extensive training to make sure it all seems authentic."

:rotfl2:

Sounds like that person was using the term as a pejorative.

When kids, teenagers and adults alike steer clear of using the term "gay" in order to demean and hurt, you'll have a point. Until then, dictionary definitions mean nothing.

:thumbsup2

I have tears streaming down my face I'm laughing so hard!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Having said that, on our first trip, which was for DD's college graduation, we arrived at our resort (POR) and basically had no idea where we were or where the fun places were. DD went to front desk and asked "How do you get to Disney World?" We still laugh about that!

The craziest thing I heard today from another guest was when near Germany in World Showcase, he loudly proclaimed to what I assumed to be his wife "you know your daughter is commando right?" He then continued to explain how he found this out. :scared: She did have shorts on but it was a lot more information than the rest of us in the area needed to know. :rotfl2:

My girls and I were trying not to laugh.

Sounds like that person was using the term as a pejorative.

When kids, teenagers and adults alike steer clear of using the term "gay" in order to demean and hurt, you'll have a point. Until then, dictionary definitions mean nothing.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

My biggest pet peeve is when people tell me they went to Disney World, and they were really talking about the Magic Kingdom. I hear this all the time, and it drives me nuts!!!

A few years back my mom and I were on our annual mother-daughter vaca to the world and we had invited my aunt, cousin, cousin's baby daddy, and cousin's baby with us (they live about an hour from Disney) for the day. We thought Epcot would be the best for us since it has all the great places to eat and the baby was too small for a lot of rides anyway. Throughout the whole day, my cousin (18 at the time) seemed to be overly excited about all the attractions- (my mom and I were under the impression she had been to Epcot before). So my mom said to her, "Have you been to Epcot before?" to which my cousin replied, "No, only to Disney". AND throughout the whole day she kept talking about "when I went to Disney..." and "when we took the baby to Disney..." (referring to Magic Kingdom). We tried to correct her but no such luck...

how does a person live 1 hour away from Disney World and not know about 4 parks, one world?!?!?! :scared1:

My biggest pet peeve is when people tell me they went to Disney World, and they were really talking about the Magic Kingdom. I hear this all the time, and it drives me nuts!!!

It doesn't bother me if the person is over 40, as it's entirely possible that the first few times they went to WDW, Magic Kingdom was all there was. In that case, to them the Magic Kingdom will always be Walt Disney World.

Me too! :thumbsup2

I think the funniest thing I heard was back in the 80s when we were staying at the campsites at FW. We were walking from the bus stop to our campsite one night when we saw an armadillo in the bushes. We were used to seeing them, so my dad pointed him out and said "There's our armadillo friend."

A family was walking behind us and the little boy asked his dad if that was really an armadillo. The dad said "no, there are no armadillos in FL."

By then we were at our campsite, so as we turned into it, my mom heard the man say to his wife "they must be Canadian." :rotfl:

3 years ago we went during F&W. We were in Epcot and by the American Pavilion. DH was on line at one of the beer concessions that had to have had at least 20 different kinds of beers. The guy in front of him says to the CM, "one beer please". Without missing a beat the CM says "do you want to clue me in on which one"?? :rotfl2:

It doesn't bother me if the person is over 40, as it's entirely possible that the first few times they went to WDW, Magic Kingdom was all there was. In that case, to them the Magic Kingdom will always be Walt Disney World.

Agreed. My first I don't know how many trips were to the Magic Kingdom before there was anything else. That WAS Disney World for me for years. Then for several more years it was EPCOT and Disney World.

It literally took me years to stop calling the Magic Kingdom Disney World and I still slip up every once in a while. I guess I'd better watch out who I say this in front of. Someone might beat down this old man. :)

I'm gonna have to listen to people at the parks more often LOL

I do hear BUNCHES of people get on the Express Monorail to MK, and ask when they'd get to Epcot. That happens all the time. My funniest story, wasn't at Disney, but on the WAY to Disney, last year we took our friend and her 2 kids for a trip, and her then 7yr old son didn't know where we were going, even in the car on the way. We were on the 528 Beachline and he saw the palm trees, and from the back seat, I hear "I know where we're going, WE'RE GOING TO HAWAII" I about wrecked the car I was laughing so hard!!!!! So, the whole time at Disney, that was our joke....that we were at Hawaii.

Standing in line for ToT at DHS back in August '10

Guest 1 "I thought this park was called Hollywood Studios"
Guest 2 "No, this is MGM. Hollywood Studios is the new Disney Park"

A few weeks ago on kilimanjaro safaris a woman was sitting behind us and out came this two part gem:

"I don't understand why they are bothering to take pictures"

Followed up by this, which made comment #1 make more sense.

"Wow Disney really outdid themselves with those birds sitting on the tree, they are the most real looking animals yet!"

I have a coworker who is a total know it all. She had never been to WDW before and her officemate suggested she talk to me. She grudgingly came over and asked me some questions. She was totally tuning me out and kept insisting that, "No vacation requires research."

Okay then.

So fasforward to her vacation. I'm at work and my phone rings. It's her -- quite upset. She's at "Disney" (aka MK) and can't find Tower of Terror. She's totally having a meltdown because she's been at "Disney" for FIVE DAYS and "All I'm seeing is the castle stuff. Where is the big ball and Tower of Terror and that big tree thing? And why can't I get into a restaurant for a sit-down meal? And where's Harry Potter?"

Yeah, if you'd listened to me for five minutes or paid any attention to any information, you might've realized that there were four parks and that making advance reservations when you go during peak time is a good idea. Oh and that HP is at Universal.

Funniest part is that her boss used that incident to have a discussion with her about her know it all attitude and its consequences at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter