• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser How To Know First?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we had been planning a trip for 2 adults in 2022, and were excited to see that the Starcruiser will be open. BUT - pricing out a week stay at the Swan, with park passes, but not including food, was less than 2 nights of a Star Wars experience - it doesn't seem doable.
I would LOVE to experience it, but if we're traveling all the way to Florida, we'd want to see the other parks as well, so we'd have to book a week stay in addition to the StarCruiser, and that isn't in the budget.

I understand and appreciate what you are saying. My DW and I are BIG Star Wars fans too. We have attended every movie on opening weekend, including that horrible Clone Wars animated movie. I don't remember going to A New Hope on opening weekend, but my Mom told me I was there and slept through the whole thing as a small child. Anyway, we are in a different boat because Starcruiser doesn't appeal to us at all. Neither of us were impressed with the sample itinerary and the whole regimented nature of the "experience". Maybe we are bad fans?

I will say this too. I'm not interested sitting indoors practically all day long. I live in the cold. Like, below zero cold air temperatures of the Midwest. I still take walks outside when it is below zero air temperatures.

Honestly, even if I could easily afford that experience I don't think I would want to be one of the first ones to do it. The activities sound kinda underwhelming on paper. I would like to see written impressions and YouTube videos from people before booking a trip.

Well this experience is definitely out of my price range lol. Sucks because I am a BIG Star Wars fan but I would be a bit more excited if they officially announced that they are going to sell those realistic lightsabers they plan to use for the lightsaber training?
Did you see the new ones that retract? They are so cool. I cant wait to see it in person.

Well this experience is definitely out of my price range lol. Sucks because I am a BIG Star Wars fan but I would be a bit more excited if they officially announced that they are going to sell those realistic lightsabers they plan to use for the lightsaber training?
They would be cool to have but I can only imagine what they would cost with Savi's Workshop being over $200. I imagine that these would cost atleast $300 if not $4-500.

Did you see the new ones that retract? They are so cool. I cant wait to see it in person.

You talking about the one they showed during the May the 4th promo this year or did they recently release another video showcasing the new lightsabers?

This is the only video I seen so far of the newer lightsabers

Last edited:

You talking about the one they showed during the May the 4th promo this year or did they recently release another video showcasing the new lightsabers?

The ones from may..
I have also been watching videos on how they work. It is similar to a tape measure how they retract.

I definitely want to go. The price is pretty much in line with what I had expected based on rumors. However I want to hear reviews first because I think it’s either going to be really awesome or really horrible.

If I’m paying this kind of money, I damn sure wouldn’t wanna read any type of spoiler or what to expect when people actually start staying there. Would feel like a waste of money not being surprised

Then don't watch the video Disney put out the other day of the Imagineers talking about it. I was surprised how much they gave away.

Disney Imagineering Innovation Showcase | Disney Parks

I know it's like 2 seconds but it really gives you a better look at the lightsaber

If the link doesn't work
You tube : Walt Disney Imagineering Innovation Showcase | Disney Parks

HHN doesn't cost over 5,000 for 2 nights though. You really wanna see whats going to happen to you before your $5000 2 night trip ?

Lots of people probably want to see as much as possible. Everyone is different. You don't have to inform yourself or watch anything if you don't want to. I personally have zero interest in ever doing this experience (I like Star Wars, but not THAT much).

I noticed the word “general bookings.” Are they going to give early booking for other groups?
Yes, for annual pass holders dvc etc

eta - from parks blog

Some Disney and Star Wars fans, including Disney Vacation Club members, Disney Passholders and Disney Visa Cardmembers, should be on the lookout in the coming weeks for a special booking opportunity just for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter