Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser How To Know First?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schalliol

Mouseketeer
We're planning a trip to WDW in just under a year from now and want to be notified as soon as possible when you can book in case we want to go for it within our stay. It says that they will accept guests in '21, so I'm assuming '22 shouldn't be a problem if we can stay on it. Does anyone have recommendations? Thanks!

I would just keep watching these boards and the Disney Parks Blog. If an announcement is made, either the Disboards team will post it in the news section or someone will post details in a thread. Most likely (all speculation on my part), something will be announced on the Disney Parks Blog first as to when the resort will open and when reservations will open. Again, pure speculation, but I think Disney will give us ample heads-up on resort opening dates and reservation opening dates. I really don't think reservations will just open one day without anything being publicized.

Thanks! Is there any way to subscribe to the Disney Parks Blog by email or similar that you know of?

Thanks, Dave. I did do that but noticed that I didn’t get a separate email confirmation or see it in my email subscriptions. I guess I’m all set!

Thanks! Is there any way to subscribe to the Disney Parks Blog by email or similar that you know of?

I just looked on the Disney Parks Blog and didn't see a place to subscribe via e-mail. I did see you can connect with them via social media, however, so if you are on Pinterest, Twitter or Facebook, you can follow them there - you would probably get some fairly quick news through one of those outlets.

Rumor has it that it will be about $3000 per person for a stay. At least that's what I heard rumor of on the podcast.

Do you have a link to that podcast? I could imagine that for a single individual for sure, but if a family of four is $12,000 for two days/nights, that's pretty rich. One thing I was thinking about is whether you'd need a Disney park ticket for this on top of it, if it's a cruise-like experience.

For pricing, I have seen anything from $3300/stateroom to a stateroom for 5 being about $7000. I am just going to wait until Disney at least releases pricing, but expect around $3000-5000 for 2 people. As for included park ticket, I expect that only a 1 day ticket to DHS will be included as it is part of the experience.

Might move it over to the Cruise Line Booking terms and conditions.... they need to be sailing something. ;)

And excursions to the Black Spire Outpost when you visit the planet Batuu would be extra. If not you'd have the AP holders expecting a discount....

I knew it was going to be expensive but lordy, that's steep. Even with the deepest discounts they offer it's over 2k a night - which they probably won't be offering anytime soon. I was kind of expecting the time in DHS would have been without general park goers.

I'm wondering if my DW and I have enough kidneys to sell in order to stay at a Star Wars resort? My DW has her ticket from seeing A New Hope in 1977 somewhere and it was $2.00 to see the movie at a theater in Madison, Wisconsin. Who knew that movie would inspire WDW to charge these unholy rates for a fake cruise consisting of wall-to-wall live action role playing.

Figure a monorail resort is around $1200 a night for a family of 4. So two nights would be around $2400. Food and drinks are included with this experience as well. With that said, a family of four can go on a Disney cruise for $10K so there is that.

Just crunching some numbers here to see if the deal is “Disney-reasonable”
For a cabin of 2 adults, the cost is $4809.

Food: 2 breakfast, 2 lunch, 2 dinners and 1 quick service meal are included per guest.
In average for Disney adults, breakfast might cost $15 pp; lunch would be $30 pp, and dinner would be $70 pp as tips would be included. The quick service meal might cost $20 as alcoholic beverage is included for adults. For a party of 2 Disney-adults, that would be about $270 for the 2 nights.

Room: Let’s say the room is $1000 per night (Standard room in Main Building at GF is $1100 per night rack rate In July 2022) Then room cost would be at least $2000 for two nights.

1 day Ticket fo DHS: Let’s say the ticket is $125 per day. For 2 would be $250

So as of now, the cost for food, room and 1 day park ticket adds up to $2520.
Do you think the entertainment and immersive experience has a price tag of $2k for 2 adults for the 2 night experience??

For me, I have to see what the entertainment/experiences are included for me to say yay or nay.

The most I've ever paid for a monorail resort was 560 a night for a family of 4... But yeah this vs a cruise, I know which direction I would go.

I'm not very impressed with the details. Cost aside, the experience seems somewhat "forced." I'm a Star Wars fan, but perhaps not a superfan who they seem to be catering to.

It sounds like the "voyage" to Hollywood Studios is part of the 2nd day activities - and no mention of front-of-line passes, etc. That's a lot of money spent for time away from the "ship"

The hotel theming looks great, though! I suspect the experience will change over time and ultimately this will morph into a deluxe resort, swimming pool added, virtual windows turned into real windows, etc. while maintaining heavy Star Wars theming and, possibly, a light touch of of the live-action role playing they're going for.

Figure a monorail resort is around $1200 a night for a family of 4. So two nights would be around $2400. Food and drinks are included with this experience as well. With that said, a family of four can go on a Disney cruise for $10K so there is that.

1,200 a night for a family of 4? Yeah in a 1 bedroom. We usually pay around 500 for a monorail resort. Can get cheaper at contemp or DVC rental

Its not the price tag that annoys me. Its the amount of days. I am pretty sure we all mostly pay for that a week vacation, or more.

But not for 2 nights. No way

Can we also point out how that pricing is only a set time frame and WEEKNIGHTS.

Its going to be much higher on weekend and high traffic times of the year

Last edited:
Its not the price tag that annoys me. Its the amount of days. I am pretty sure we all mostly pay for that a week vacation, or more.

But not for 2 nights. No way

I would factor the “immersive” and “vip-style” experience into that price tag. I would imagine and expect some type of front of the line passes to be included in that package for the DHS excursion day. The service and food gotta be 5 stars good for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter