• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser How To Know First?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: paid FP - if they introduced Max Pass to WDW, I'd be a happy camper. Max Pass was great at DL. The paid FP prices per ride at Disneyland Paris are pretty crazy...crazy enough that, yeah, I wouldn't be willing to pay 60 euros for my family of 4 to skip the Tower of Terror line. But plunk down thousands of $$ for a Star Wars land-based cruise? Yeah, sign me up! :rotfl:

Will this be an experience that everybody is stoked to go do? Of course not. Each individual person has to decide for themselves what "is it worth it?" means to them. It'll be different for each person. People will think I'm insane for considering this, whereas I think people are nuts who want to spend time on an ocean-based cruise. Some people consider it "not worth it" unless they can stay the entire time in a concierge level Deluxe category hotel at WDW, whereas others think they're crazy for plunking down thousands of dollars for all of that.

There's a lot of options at WDW for many different types of guests - guests who have a wide range of interests and ideas about what their 'ideal' vacation looks like.

Yes, I remember when the servers at Prime Time were really into playing a role. I also remember a restaurant where all the servers were opera singers. Over time, it becomes much more difficult to hire people with those skills who also have the skills and desire to be servers.

Definitely true. Not only that but I'm also specifically thinking of stuff like the menu kerfluffle at Docking Bay 7.

As soon as I can make a reservation for Feb 2024 I am going to do it. We talked about Feb 2023 for our anniversary but we have to go to London that spring for Parents Weekend for our daughter's Semester in England. Weekend at Harlaxton, week in London is the plan. There is beer that needs to be drunk and museums and cathedrals that need to be toured. I would love to squeeze in a couple days at Disneyland Paris, but if we go to Paris before flying home, the Louvre wins over Disney.

How is it possible to actually watch reviews of this experience and then go in enjoying it? As I said before, I would want to be completely surprised and immersed in the experience. Reading anything more about it would ruin that for me.

Personally, I hope they don't allow cameras or video recording, but good luck enforcing that.

How is it possible to actually watch reviews of this experience and then go in enjoying it? As I said before, I would want to be completely surprised and immersed in the experience. Reading anything more about it would ruin that for me.

Personally, I hope they don't allow cameras or video recording, but good luck enforcing that.

YouTube and social media is free advertising for the travel industry these days. Why do you think UO lets people film inside their HHN houses?

YouTube and social media is free advertising for the travel industry these days. Why do you think UO lets people film inside their HHN houses?

HHN doesn't cost over 5,000 for 2 nights though. You really wanna see whats going to happen to you before your $5000 2 night trip ?

I am a person who doesn’t mind spoilers. I actually relax and enjoy the attraction if I know what’s going to happen. Plus, sometimes I see that an attraction might not be for me, either from a motion sickness standpoint or ride vehicle issues. I do think it’s best to label all spoilers as such, or have specific spoiler threads, so people who don’t want to be spoiled won’t be accidentally. I would never want to spoil it for someone who wants to be surprised.

Also, if I hadn’t seen video of ROTR, I would have never seen the attraction. It goes down for the rest of the day every single time I get a BG. I am still waiting . . .

Does anyone know when we will be able to start booking this? My family has a trip this coming March (mid-March) so I'm hoping that it's available. It says spring so I'm hoping that it's open by then.

Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser is an upcoming fully immersive two-night Disney World hotel experience that looks absolutely incredible. The Florida attraction also has an absolutely incredible price: $4,809 for two guests, which works out at about $1,200 per guest per night. Better get saving.
The attraction, which lets you spend a few nights aboard a spaceship in a galaxy far, far away, opens in spring 2022. The cost per person goes down a little as your party grows. The cost for three guests (two adults and one child) will start at $5,299, or about $885 per guest per night, and four guests (three adults and one child) will start at $6,000, or about $750 per guest per night.
For your Star Wars-inspired meals, the package includes two breakfasts, two lunches, two dinners and one quick-service meal (which includes an entree and drink) per guest. Outside this, nonalcoholic and alcoholic beverages will cost extra.

It says starting Spring 2022, and then on the page gives example rates starting in August. Does anyone know when the earliest is you can book?

I am a person who doesn’t mind spoilers. I actually relax and enjoy the attraction if I know what’s going to happen. Plus, sometimes I see that an attraction might not be for me, either from a motion sickness standpoint or ride vehicle issues. I do think it’s best to label all spoilers as such, or have specific spoiler threads, so people who don’t want to be spoiled won’t be accidentally. I would never want to spoil it for someone who wants to be surprised.

Also, if I hadn’t seen video of ROTR, I would have never seen the attraction. It goes down for the rest of the day every single time I get a BG. I am still waiting . . .
I feel the same. I totally understand people that don't want spoilers, and that should be respected with warnings and not blatantly plastering it. But, it is also free advertising to entice others to go, or for those that can't go to be able to experience it in some manner.
I am very curious to see reviews, details, and photos/videos of the Galactic Starcruiser experience as I doubt I will get to experience it at this price. Even if I could save up the money I just feel there is so much more I can do with it for that cost. At this current price I could take a trip to Japan and finally get to see Tokyo Disneysea, and that is more appealing to me than this.

Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser is an upcoming fully immersive two-night Disney World hotel experience that looks absolutely incredible. The Florida attraction also has an absolutely incredible price: $4,809 for two guests, which works out at about $1,200 per guest per night. Better get saving.
The attraction, which lets you spend a few nights aboard a spaceship in a galaxy far, far away, opens in spring 2022. The cost per person goes down a little as your party grows. The cost for three guests (two adults and one child) will start at $5,299, or about $885 per guest per night, and four guests (three adults and one child) will start at $6,000, or about $750 per guest per night.
For your Star Wars-inspired meals, the package includes two breakfasts, two lunches, two dinners and one quick-service meal (which includes an entree and drink) per guest. Outside this, nonalcoholic and alcoholic beverages will cost extra.

Should be noted that those are the starting prices, for standard rooms, weekday, next August, not including taxes. Want to go on a weekend? That'll cost you. Want to upgrade your room? That'll cost you. Want to go during a peak time? That'll cost you. Want to go during a holiday? That'll cost you. Want to go while it still has that new Starcruiser smell? That'll cost you.

Should be noted that those are the starting prices, for standard rooms, weekday, next August, not including taxes. Want to go on a weekend? That'll cost you. Want to upgrade your room? That'll cost you. Want to go during a peak time? That'll cost you. Want to go during a holiday? That'll cost you. Want to go while it still has that new Starcruiser smell? That'll cost you.
Right.. like they said just like a cruise on dry land.

Stupid question, but the basic room includes a bathroom right? There is actually no mention of one in the description. Only bath products. I mean I would assume it's a given, but then again there is no mention of it.

Stupid question, but the basic room includes a bathroom right? There is actually no mention of one in the description. Only bath products. I mean I would assume it's a given, but then again there is no mention of it.
Yes. It would get pretty messy if they didn't have one.

Well this experience is definitely out of my price range lol. Sucks because I am a BIG Star Wars fan but I would be a bit more excited if they officially announced that they are going to sell those realistic lightsabers they plan to use for the lightsaber training?

Well this experience is definitely out of my price range lol. Sucks because I am a BIG Star Wars fan but I would be a bit more excited if they officially announced that they are going to sell those realistic lightsabers they plan to use for the lightsaber training?
I understand and appreciate what you are saying. My DW and I are BIG Star Wars fans too. We have attended every movie on opening weekend, including that horrible Clone Wars animated movie. I don't remember going to A New Hope on opening weekend, but my Mom told me I was there and slept through the whole thing as a small child. Anyway, we are in a different boat because Starcruiser doesn't appeal to us at all. Neither of us were impressed with the sample itinerary and the whole regimented nature of the "experience". Maybe we are bad fans?

I will say this too. I'm not interested sitting indoors practically all day long. I live in the cold. Like, below zero cold air temperatures of the Midwest. I still take walks outside when it is below zero air temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter