Sssh....don't tell anyone...we're cheating on CSR -- Contest -- Days 6 & 7--#3516

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some friends and I use term "friends" loosely for some of them ;), who have decided that although our trip is NOT for eight months yet that I should start our PTR. I don't get it??? It's not like they don't have other things to do--like their OWN trip report? But to keep the peace, I have agreed to get it started even though I am in NO way prepared and have nothing ready. But I'll give it a start.

Is that directed at Tim by any chance Kathy?:rolleyes1

I'm not going to be late to this party this time! I lurked on your last TR but now I'm joining in for the fun of this one! And Nicki has the BEST dining reviews ever! I've been reading hers for probably 2 years now.:goodvibes

You and your DH Mark look so kind!:goodvibes And I love that you love Disney, that's how I want to be when DH are older too!:goodvibes Not that you're old, ok this isn't coming out right!:laughing: What I'm trying to say is that I hope that when my kids are grown, DH and I will still be going to Disney and enjoying every minute of it!

ETA: Just went back to read up. How amazing that your co-worker is renting you her points!! Ah, Animal Kingdom Lodge is on my wish list of resorts. We ate breakfast at Boma last trip and it was incredible! Seriously one of the best breakfasts on Disney property IMO. I'm sure you'll love staying there, the view is gorgeous and I think your plan of hanging around the resort is a great one.

I'm with you, I can't imagine staying at AKL and not having a Savannah View. How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!! And a darn good reason to cheat.

We didn't eat at Emeril's while we were at Universal so I'll be very interested to see what you think of it.

all I can say is....You will love AKL! I'm so glad you are going to be able to stay there a couple nights:woohoo:

Love your first two days! And ...... by all the business you bring into CSR with your thread, CSR won't hold this up against you! :rotfl2:

Kathy, there is a tip board somewhere around the resort, with different activites they are offering all day. It's been a while since we have stayed there, so I am not really sure where to send you to look for it! But some of your other, more experienced than me, friends will hopefully chime in!

AKL is SO much fun! Have you considered Sanaa as one of your dining options? Another hidden gem in Disney's crown! :thumbsup2

LOVE your plans for your first two days. And how cool is is that you get to rent points to stay at AKL? I'm with you that it would be tough to stay there without a savanna view. It is a resort, though, that I'd want to stay at only if I knew we were going to spend some serious time there. Actually, one of my (many) fantasy Disney vacay scenarios is doing AKL at Christmas... when Max is old enough to really appreciate the animals and not mind missing Christmas at home... oh, and when we could actually afford something like that. :lmao:

At least we can eat there again this trip! :thumbsup2 So happy that this is working out so well for you guys.

Hey Kathy, I'm late to the party, but I'm here. And I'm JEALOUS! The AKL is a big bucket-list destination for us. I can't wait to see how you guys like it. popcorn::

How cool that you got to rent points from your coworker!!! And a savannah room?? Too cool!

I like your idea of just soaking in the resort. Don't get me wrong...I love the parks...but on our next trip I plan to really take advantage of our resort.

Question about the drink at Boma...is it the same that they serve at Tusker? That is pretty yummy. :goodvibes

Ann, that's why I did AKL first! We can relax and just enjoy the beauty of the resort and all it has to offer and then hit the parks for four days and then relax on Marco Island for a week. It doesn't get much better.

Love your first 2 days... very relaxing!!!!! I know at night outside near the fire pit they have a storyteller. That might be neat to see. :goodvibes

I vaguely remember reading about that...I'll have to do a little research. Thanks, Tim.

Is that directed at Tim by any chance Kathy?:rolleyes1

I'm not going to be late to this party this time! I lurked on your last TR but now I'm joining in for the fun of this one! And Nicki has the BEST dining reviews ever! I've been reading hers for probably 2 years now.:goodvibes

You and your DH Mark look so kind!:goodvibes And I love that you love Disney, that's how I want to be when DH are older too!:goodvibes Not that you're old, ok this isn't coming out right!:laughing: What I'm trying to say is that I hope that when my kids are grown, DH and I will still be going to Disney and enjoying every minute of it!

ETA: Just went back to read up. How amazing that your co-worker is renting you her points!! Ah, Animal Kingdom Lodge is on my wish list of resorts. We ate breakfast at Boma last trip and it was incredible! Seriously one of the best breakfasts on Disney property IMO. I'm sure you'll love staying there, the view is gorgeous and I think your plan of hanging around the resort is a great one.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Yes, Tim and Marv would be at the top of that list of "loose" friends.

I'm glad you are joining in this time. :goodvibes That is how I met Nicki is through her dining reviews. She truly, as I said in my last TR, is my long, lost sister. :love:

I totally understood what you were saying. I knew, unlike Marv, you were not saying we were old! I have to tell you as much as we loved our trips with our boys when they were young, we really enjoy these trips just as much--but in a different way. Our oldest son who likes Disney but likes to go elsewhere keeps asking us, "don't you want to go anywhere else?" And our answer is always NO!!!!

I'm with you, I can't imagine staying at AKL and not having a Savannah View. How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!! And a darn good reason to cheat.

We didn't eat at Emeril's while we were at Universal so I'll be very interested to see what you think of it.

That is why it took us so long to stay at AKL. I insisted we have a savannah view so I could drink my coffee and watch my favorite animals--the giraffes.

Cynthia, we've eaten at Emeril's numerous times in Orlando and Las Vegas. We LOVE it. It is very pricey, but so worth it.

all I can say is....You will love AKL! I'm so glad you are going to be able to stay there a couple nights:woohoo:

Thanks, Vickie. I can't wait.

Love your first two days! And ...... by all the business you bring into CSR with your thread, CSR won't hold this up against you! :rotfl2:

Kathy, there is a tip board somewhere around the resort, with different activites they are offering all day. It's been a while since we have stayed there, so I am not really sure where to send you to look for it! But some of your other, more experienced than me, friends will hopefully chime in!

AKL is SO much fun! Have you considered Sanaa as one of your dining options? Another hidden gem in Disney's crown! :thumbsup2

Karin, I have so many restaurants on my list I don't know what I'm going to cut/add/pay out of pocket for. That will be coming up in the next update becasue I need a lot of help. But Sanaa is on my list.

LOVE your plans for your first two days. And how cool is is that you get to rent points to stay at AKL? I'm with you that it would be tough to stay there without a savanna view. It is a resort, though, that I'd want to stay at only if I knew we were going to spend some serious time there. Actually, one of my (many) fantasy Disney vacay scenarios is doing AKL at Christmas... when Max is old enough to really appreciate the animals and not mind missing Christmas at home... oh, and when we could actually afford something like that. :lmao:

At least we can eat there again this trip! :thumbsup2 So happy that this is working out so well for you guys.

Tina, it is great, isn't it? After our first disaster at trying to rent points, I said I'd never try again. But this was an opportunity I could not pass up.

Hey Kathy, I'm late to the party, but I'm here. And I'm JEALOUS! The AKL is a big bucket-list destination for us. I can't wait to see how you guys like it. popcorn::

:yay::yay::yay: Mark is here. I'm so happy you are here. I can't believe we're finally getting the opportunity to stay at AKL. I think we are going to :love: it.

I'll be sure and take resort notes for you Kathy, because I just booked AKL for 2 nights before our cruise! :yay: I've got reservations for Jiko on the 1st night, & Boma for breakfast the day we depart. Our one full day there we just plan on exploring the resort and relaxing. :cloud9:

I'll be sure and take resort notes for you Kathy, because I just booked AKL for 2 nights before our cruise! :yay: I've got reservations for Jiko on the 1st night, & Boma for breakfast the day we depart. Our one full day there we just plan on exploring the resort and relaxing. :cloud9:

Michelle, that is awesome. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Take lots of notes and be sure to PM me or post them here.

Now, let's get going on your PTR!

So excited for you to be staying at AKL!!! :yay: I just LOVE it there.....have been to Jambo many times and Kidani several as well....:goodvibes

The CM's working at the lodge are most helpful and usually very eager to share stories of their home. I believe that there is a free tour offered at Jambo....kind of like a restaurant tour I think :confused: The pools and grounds are beautiful....you can take a stroll over to Kidani and check out that pool too :thumbsup2 They have trivia and Bingo over at the Kidani pool and the slide there is much better than the Jambo pool :laughing: Boma is one of my FAVORITE places to eat breakfast. I embarrass myself with my food intake there :rotfl: Like seriously embarrass :laughing:

If you have any specific questions ask away....my brain is frozen right now from the cold air ;)

Tracy

We stayed at AKL last year and I tell you it is absolutely beautiful! I put it on our bucket list when we first visited the AKL to eat at Boma 4 years ago. This year we chose and booked Poly as they are on our bucket list, however I'm sure we are going to miss AKL. I love the Aroma of Boma whenever you enter the main lobby! BTW I feel ya on the Chicago weather and have had enough, Florida here we come upon retirement! Joining in this report, sounds exciting!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Yes, Tim and Marv would be at the top of that list of "loose" friends.

I'm glad you are joining in this time. :goodvibes That is how I met Nicki is through her dining reviews. She truly, as I said in my last TR, is my long, lost sister. :love:

I totally understood what you were saying. I knew, unlike Marv, you were not saying we were old! I have to tell you as much as we loved our trips with our boys when they were young, we really enjoy these trips just as much--but in a different way. Our oldest son who likes Disney but likes to go elsewhere keeps asking us, "don't you want to go anywhere else?" And our answer is always NO!!!!

I just knew Tim was on that list!:laughing: And I see Marv's name alot on these TR's, he must be some kind of trouble maker!:laughing: I'm guessing that together they must be double trouble!:laughing:

Awww, how nice to have found a dis friend who's like a sister!:goodvibes Are you meeting up again?

Oh good, you knew what I was trying to say!:goodvibes I meant it as a compliment but it sure didn't sound that way at first!:laughing: You know, DH was kind of meh about Disney until our 1st trip with our girls 2008. Now he's hooked, I've trained him well! So I can easily see us taking these trips even when my babies are grown!:thumbsup2

Kathy, just getting caught up on your When/Where post. Those dates look like a perfect time....still warm, but kids back in school. Will Food & Wine be going on then?

Hey, if your co-worker ever needs to transfer any points to a DVC member, be sure to keep me in mind. ;)

Don't forget that you'll have to explore Kidani as well as Jambo House.

So excited for you to be staying at AKL!!! :yay: I just LOVE it there.....have been to Jambo many times and Kidani several as well....:goodvibes

The CM's working at the lodge are most helpful and usually very eager to share stories of their home. I believe that there is a free tour offered at Jambo....kind of like a restaurant tour I think :confused: The pools and grounds are beautiful....you can take a stroll over to Kidani and check out that pool too :thumbsup2 They have trivia and Bingo over at the Kidani pool and the slide there is much better than the Jambo pool :laughing: Boma is one of my FAVORITE places to eat breakfast. I embarrass myself with my food intake there :rotfl: Like seriously embarrass :laughing:

If you have any specific questions ask away....my brain is frozen right now from the cold air ;)

Tracy

Thanks for all that info; I'm sure I'll be back with many more questions as we get closer to the trip.

We stayed at AKL last year and I tell you it is absolutely beautiful! I put it on our bucket list when we first visited the AKL to eat at Boma 4 years ago. This year we chose and booked Poly as they are on our bucket list, however I'm sure we are going to miss AKL. I love the Aroma of Boma whenever you enter the main lobby! BTW I feel ya on the Chicago weather and have had enough, Florida here we come upon retirement! Joining in this report, sounds exciting!

:welcome::welcome: Thanks so much for joining in. You will LOVE the Poly; our last stay was in 2004, but it remains our favorite deluxe thus far.

Hope you enjoy all of us crazies here. :)

I just knew Tim was on that list!:laughing: And I see Marv's name alot on these TR's, he must be some kind of trouble maker!:laughing: I'm guessing that together they must be double trouble!:laughing:

Awww, how nice to have found a dis friend who's like a sister!:goodvibes Are you meeting up again?

Oh good, you knew what I was trying to say!:goodvibes I meant it as a compliment but it sure didn't sound that way at first!:laughing: You know, DH was kind of meh about Disney until our 1st trip with our girls 2008. Now he's hooked, I've trained him well! So I can easily see us taking these trips even when my babies are grown!:thumbsup2

You should join Marv's TR--he is a hoot (but a sweetheart beyond measure). Double Trouble....I'll have to keep that in mind for the future....:rolleyes1

Of course, I knew what you meant and was in no way offended. I think your DH will surprise you and you'll see how much the two of you enjoy it yourselves (no more fast food all the time, running from here to there, etc.).

:woohoo: you started a PTR, going back to read now :teeth:

Stefy, I am so happy you were here. :yay::yay::yay:

Kathy, just getting caught up on your When/Where post. Those dates look like a perfect time....still warm, but kids back in school. Will Food & Wine be going on then?

Hey, if your co-worker ever needs to transfer any points to a DVC member, be sure to keep me in mind. ;)

Don't forget that you'll have to explore Kidani as well as Jambo House.

It is our favorite time of year to go...we love September/October weather.

I'll be sure to mention that to her, Glen (she's actually offered to do it again next year...so maybe The Beach Club will be in my future sooner than I thought.

Im not sure what a PTR is since im new to the site but I noticed we will be there around the same time. Were going 9/24-10/01. Weather should be great unlike this past december when we near froze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter